Trolls!!!!

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2020, 08:44 PM

If you attach it to your home it is apparently acceptable.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wirenail444 View Post
You might want to ask any community standards people that knock on your door for ID. It is my understanding that they communicate any perceived offense in writinging through the mail. Also, correct me if I am wrong. There was a flap about crosses last year that went to the courts. The outcome, if I remember correctly, was that the removal of crosses could not be unforced due to religious feeedom or svonething along those lines. Can anybody confirm this.
I believe an exception was made for that one particular person. The thing about religious freedom is - you have to present evidence that your religion requires you to do a thing, before you try to hide behind religion as your excuse.

That was the reason for my previous post in this thread: show me in your bible where it says your religion requires you to place a white cross on your front lawn, and I will absolutely positively respect your right to do so.

But there is no such requirement in anyone's religion. And so - no. That particular activity would not be protected by the constitution.

Neither is putting a creche on your front yard during Christmas time. Or setting up a Christmas tree, or hanging eggs for Easter, or putting up a blow-up menorah for Chanukah, or any other of those things people do for holidays under the guise of "religious freedom."
Old 07-25-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommom91 View Post
Is there an online link somewhere that I could use to find out what the deed restrictions are for outdoor decorations in district 12?
Specific DeedRestrictions are here:
VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County

External Deed Restriction Standards are located here: VCDD Community Standards but I have not seen it updated with same for District #12. Likely no matter since withe the exception of the historic side in Lady Lake, all of them are the same pretty much.

Old 07-25-2020, 10:15 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Would have thought the villages would have been more uniform as to standards.
If you haven't noticed, there is quite a bit of uniformity in many ways around the Villages. One of those ways is in External Deed Restriction Standards VCDD Community Standards

The fact that they are so different for the 3 original Villages is likely due to grandfathering because of the amount of time between their development and development across the highway. Just my opinion!

Old 07-25-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
If you haven't noticed, there is quite a bit of uniformity in many ways around the Villages. One of those ways is in External Deed Restriction Standards VCDD Community Standards

The fact that they are so different for the 3 original Villages is likely due to grandfathering because of the amount of time between their development and development across the highway. Just my opinion!
The differences would be because of existing restrictions at the time. districts 1-4 would be a lot different than the newer ones not so much because of grandfathering but those were the contracts signed at that time.
Old 07-26-2020, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Responses

It is interesting the responses to this issue are mainly "non committal"! This is clearly a question which can be answered by yes the law of the deed restrictions is right or no the deed restrictions should be ignored. In looking at a large sample of the responses the vast
majority avoided a yes or no and relied on an explanation as to alternatives, its a shame there are troll's that do this, I understand your concern's, and so on. Why ride the fence rather than taking a stand? I wonder if this is the general profile of input to TOTV?
Old 07-26-2020, 09:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloug View Post
The Trolls are employees of the Villages. The Villages uses this way to keep their hands clean so that they can say somebody complained. The trolls have no BALLS to confront anybody. Fair warning at some point in time the trolls identity will be found out and then The Villages management will really have a big problem.

Ha! This is a new one.
Where do I apply? I’m all for sticking to the standards to which we all agreed.
Old 07-26-2020, 10:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The rules are the rules but. One thing I don't understand is my front yard has to be to the letter of the law but WHY does a rear yard that faces a road not have to follow the rules? There are rear yards the look like XXXX and that's ok but boy my little white cross was a no no also.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbchbum View Post
Specific DeedRestrictions are here:
VCDD Deed Compliance - Sumter County

External Deed Restriction Standards are located here: VCDD Community Standards but I have not seen it updated with same for District #12. Likely no matter since withe the exception of the historic side in Lady Lake, all of them are the same pretty much.
///

Last edited by Joe V.; 07-26-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 11:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
The rules are the rules but. One thing I don't understand is my front yard has to be to the letter of the law but WHY does a rear yard that faces a road not have to follow the rules? There are rear yards the look like XXXX and that's ok but boy my little white cross was a no no also.
Nothing in the restrictions state that they apply only to front yards.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:42 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Nothing in the restrictions state that they apply only to front yards.
Correct but why are almost all complaints about front yards. A backyard that faces a street has 2 front yards in theory but back yards rarely are turned in and believe there are many violations but I don't turn people in & could care less. I moved mine when I was turned in so be it.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Correct but why are almost all complaints about front yards. A backyard that faces a street has 2 front yards in theory but back yards rarely are turned in and believe there are many violations but I don't turn people in & could care less. I moved mine when I was turned in so be it.
Maybe because you can't see most back yards. Add to that the mistaken notion that restrictions do not apply to back yards, and so many believe that what the see is ok.
Old 07-26-2020, 02:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Maybe because you can't see most back yards. Add to that the mistaken notion that restrictions do not apply to back yards, and so many believe that what the see is ok.
There was a backyard on Hillsborough Trail that was turned in because their landscaping was over the line. Had to tear it out and replant inside the line. There was a gnome turned in on the front yard in Polo Ridge. He moved it to the back of the house which faced the golf course. Doesn't appear golfers are reporting it

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 07-26-2020, 03:29 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

Yes. There is a real doozy on Pinellas across from Bradenton Rec with a nautical theme complete with a fake dock and ropes.
Old 07-26-2020, 04:20 PM

Those reporting deed violations are anonymous! No revenge will be carried out by anyone! 🤦*♀️
Closed Thread

Tags
reported, cross, person, yard, violations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.