"Villages Charter School students arrested after plotting Columbine-style shooting"

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2017, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,083 Posts
Default "Villages Charter School students arrested after plotting Columbine-style shooting"

Headline from the other news site for the Villages. 13 and 14 year olds.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Sage

Just saw. GOODNESS, I can't even imagine this!
Old 01-26-2017, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Kudos to the students that heard something, said something.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Headline from the other news site for the Villages. 13 and 14 year olds.
Constant barrage of so called adults talking nothing but hate will "trickle down". Anything on news that does not involve hating another or groups of others ?

Thankful this was found and stopped.

When the adults talk nothing but hate and violence, they have an audience.

Say a prayer tonight of thanks and strength for famalies.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:03 PM

will be interesting what the "SUN" says about this
Old 01-26-2017, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,403 Times in 2,329 Posts

Just read the report on online news and Leesburg site, thank god that some students spoke up. This is scary as weapons were found at each house. I am sure this will be all over the news on television tomorrow morning. I tend to agree with some of the previous comments, this election has done nothing but create a huge division in this country. I hope that somehow someone finds a way to get to common ground.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

I am more inclined to believe that news playing up violence in schools and violence found on TV/movies/internet has more motivation for kids than the last election. Read the court docs that describe the events leading to the school shooting last week in Ohio. I am pleased to learn that this Florida event didn’t turn out like the one at West Liberty schools.

Urbana Daily Citizen | Court statement details shooter’s account of events

Keep praying for Logan's recovery!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:55 PM
Platinum member

Very scary....
Old 01-26-2017, 10:56 PM

Thank God this was put under control and arrests made prior to any disaster. Thanks to those that came forward and discussed with authorities.

Schools should be safe in our country.

Quest to play every golf hole in TV is 91 % complete
Old 01-26-2017, 11:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Kudos to the students that heard something, said something.
Exactly.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Just read the report on online news and Leesburg site, thank god that some students spoke up. This is scary as weapons were found at each house. I am sure this will be all over the news on television tomorrow morning. I tend to agree with some of the previous comments, this election has done nothing but create a huge division in this country. I hope that somehow someone finds a way to get to common ground.
Country was divided BEFORE the election.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:08 PM

what the hell is going on. If they were going to TV charter school does this mean the parents work or are affiliated with the villages? Yes
Enrollment

The Villages Charter School (K-12) operates by a Charter Agreement approved by the Sumter County Board of Education and the Florida State Department of Education. Unlike traditional county schools, our enrollment criteria are based upon one of the parents/guardians/ place of employment rather than geographic address of their home. Click Marketplace to see the list of qualifying business partners.

Qualifying Employment
Employment is verified on each new applicant, and will be verified on a monthly basis for all enrolled students.

Category I - Direct employee of any business identified as a Villages Company.

Category II - Any Community Development District or Special District over any portion of The Villages and Business Partners under direct contract (other than a lease) with a Villages Company. Business Partners in this Category include those providing construction services, maintenance, or other similar services, or supplying general support services such as legal or accounting within The Villages. Only those employees that are working on Villages Projects qualify. Under “direct contract” refers to the relationships between Category 2 Business Partners and a Villages Company. The work and/or services provided to the Villages Company must be regular and on-going and that work must be paid for directly from the Villages Company. For businesses who perform regular and on-going services to a Villages Company, but who also performs services for other businesses and residential (non-Villages Company) – only that work provided to and paid for by the Villages Company will be considered as under direct contract, and only those employees performing those services under direct contract work are eligible for the benefits of The Villages Charter School.
Category III - Business Partners who lease directly from a Villages Company or that own a permanent business site purchased directly from The Villages and from which they operate their business within The Villages.
Category IV - Business Partners that lease a permanent business site from a non-Villages entity or that purchased a permanent business site from a non-Villages entity, from which they operate their business within The Villages. The Villages Charter School Enrollment Committee will review each applicant in this Category to confirm, in its sole discretion, that the Business Partner participates in and benefits the development of The Villages.
Please call the Enrollment Office (352-259-6848) to determine if a business is qualified for enrollment.
Parents who work full-time (40 hours per week) are given priority over parents who work part-time (more than 20 hours, but less than 40 hours per week).
Employment eligibility does not guarantee enrollment. Other factors (such as available enrollment slots and the new student's prior year attendance, discipline and special needs) all considered.

Personally this is big news for TV and the parents had to know something (and I don't want to hear excuses because the excuses would have been mute if it would have happened.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:17 PM

the kids had to be known also as I thought I would add this...

Please note that as of 1/3/17, some grade levels are at capacity (PK 1, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th & 9th Grades) and several other grade levels are very near capacity (PK2, PK3, PK4, 2nd, & 3rd grades). We encourage all families interested in VCS to submit an application as soon as possible to either secure an enrollment slot or a place on the waiting list.

The Villages Charter Schools - Central Office
Old 01-26-2017, 11:28 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,332 Times in 553 Posts

Shocking--- doesn't give this news justice. Middle school kids planning a shooting at the Villages Charter School. Say it ain't so.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,550 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[Thank heavens it was discovered in time.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-27-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, site, news, olds, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.