The Villages Construction Update #141 - The Village of Well Point under construction!

Unread 05-12-2024, 11:29 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,562 Times in 724 Posts
Default The Villages Construction Update #141 - The Village of Well Point under construction!

Here's my latest construction update video, the Village of Well Point is under construction, this and many more things!

https://youtu.be/523n6ev-VSA
www.goldwingnut.com
YouTube –YouTube.com/GoldWingnut and YouTube.com/GoldWingnutProductions
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Unread 05-12-2024, 06:44 PM

Thank you for putting this on here - very informative.
Unread 05-12-2024, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

Another very informative video Don.

It exhausting to see how much is going on so I imagine even more so to keep track of and do the work.

Very curious about the multiple/temporary Central Parkway roads. Has anything been made public about the roads in Lake County south of 470?

Wondering if 470 and the Turnpike/470 exchange might be moved south as part of the Turnpike expansion.
Unread 05-12-2024, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
Here's my latest construction update video, the Village of Well Point is under construction, this and many more things!

https://youtu.be/523n6ev-VSA
Thank you as always Don!
Unread 05-13-2024, 04:37 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post

It exhausting to see how much is going on so I imagine even more so to keep track of and do the work.

Very curious about the multiple/temporary Central Parkway roads. Has anything been made public about the roads in Lake County south of 470?

Wondering if 470 and the Turnpike/470 exchange might be moved south as part of the Turnpike expansion.
A little info on the last Wingnut live at 35:35. He doesn't talk about it being moved south, but does say they will have to rebuild it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHFXi9oBVf0&t=2224s
Unread 05-13-2024, 06:34 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

The turnpike expansion is a separate project from the Lake County agreement to expand CR470 to 4 lanes. Will they be worked together/at the same time, hard to say, but they will have to coordinate and the FTE will have a huge say in what Lake County actually does. I don't believe that relocating the interchange is feasible however reworking it will be a necessity.
I worked on the Florida Turnpike on a toll system upgrade project throughout the state for 7 years and sat through a lot of meetings and discussions on growth with the FTE, they have a lot of set standards for exit/entry designs, the 470 interchange is a low volume bi-directional interchange. With the growth in the area, they need to shift to a design that can accommodate a higher traffic count at 470 (and US301) as a part of the overall expansion of the turnpike.

I haven't seen anything but some preliminary drawings on the plans for the 470 widening, but more should be coming soon. I'll let people know when I find more information.
www.goldwingnut.com
Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. - Thomas Paine, 1/10/1776
Unread 05-13-2024, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwingnut View Post
The turnpike expansion is a separate project from the Lake County agreement to expand CR470 to 4 lanes. Will they be worked together/at the same time, hard to say, but they will have to coordinate and the FTE will have a huge say in what Lake County actually does. I don't believe that relocating the interchange is feasible however reworking it will be a necessity.
I worked on the Florida Turnpike on a toll system upgrade project throughout the state for 7 years and sat through a lot of meetings and discussions on growth with the FTE, they have a lot of set standards for exit/entry designs, the 470 interchange is a low volume bi-directional interchange. With the growth in the area, they need to shift to a design that can accommodate a higher traffic count at 470 (and US301) as a part of the overall expansion of the turnpike.

I haven't seen anything but some preliminary drawings on the plans for the 470 widening, but more should be coming soon. I'll let people know when I find more information.
Thanks Don - understood!

One of the new 470 bypass roads in your video appeared to be turning south?

I would have never guessed how they completely replaced 470 so should be interesting what they come up with.
Unread 05-14-2024, 07:13 AM

You seemed to wonder why the shift to building Wellpoint...
There are a few dots popping up, and what if they are connected like this.
Megisson/Morse tunnel being inspected for sinkholes. It's so new, why the concern? Thinking there are structural problems observed and using ground penetrating radar is not normally needed unless they are looking for something very serious.
Golf cart travel to Sawgrass, and points south needs that tunnel. If that tunnel is closed long term, what alternatives are available?
Corbin Trail could be the link they will need. But it's blocked off for construction.

So what if developer has had some information (for many months) that points to a long term closure of that tunnel?
Recognizing the need for golf cart connectivity between everything being built south, to Brownwood, stores, gasoline, etc,... he shifted focus upon getting Wellpoint done asap so he can open Corbin and McNeil.

Thoughts?
Wonder if another bridge is in the works over the turnpike. Maybe Warm Springs Rd?
Unread 05-14-2024, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,756 Times in 466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Megisson/Morse tunnel being inspected for sinkholes. It's so new, why the concern? Thinking there are structural problems observed and using ground penetrating radar is not normally needed unless they are looking for something very serious.
Golf cart travel to Sawgrass, and points south needs that tunnel. If that tunnel is closed long term, what alternatives are available?
Corbin Trail could be the link they will need. But it's blocked off for construction.

So what if developer has had some information (for many months) that points to a long term closure of that tunnel?
Recognizing the need for golf cart connectivity between everything being built south, to Brownwood, stores, gasoline, etc,... he shifted focus upon getting Wellpoint done asap so he can open Corbin and McNeil.

Thoughts?
Wonder if another bridge is in the works over the turnpike. Maybe Warm Springs Rd?
With the news of the problems with that tunnel, I was thinking the exact same thing you posted here.
Unread 05-14-2024, 11:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post

Thoughts?
Interesting theory.

At least the southern Warm Springs bridge is not wide enough to add 4 lanes to the Turnpike so will need be replaced. But that's probably 3+ years away.
Unread 05-15-2024, 08:44 PM

Don. Not that it's that important, but the folks at ABC Liquor Store(I can't remember why I was there?) said the building next door is going to be a mattress store? Cheers!
Unread 05-15-2024, 08:56 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
Don. Not that it's that important, but the folks at ABC Liquor Store(I can't remember why I was there?) said the building next door is going to be a mattress store? Cheers!
Perhaps they are enjoying a little too much of their own products. The plans and permits say outback steak.
www.goldwingnut.com
Unread 05-23-2024, 06:52 AM
Sage

I hope Don doesn't mind me stealing his thunder sharing he announced on FB McNeil Drive and Corbin Trail should be opening on Friday.

This includes the entrance to Wellpoint and will provide more direct connectivity between newer Villages along the Turnpike.

https://youtu.be/y_sYgBZXZgU?si=n_otgeb58ZBWRqlX
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0451.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	104227  

Last edited by Altavia; 05-23-2024 at 07:06 AM.
Unread 05-23-2024, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I hope Don doesn't mind me stealing his thunder sharing he announced on FB McNeil Drive and Corbin Trail should be opening on Friday.

This includes the entrance to Wellpoint and will provide more direct connectivity between newer Villages along the Turnpike.

https://youtu.be/y_sYgBZXZgU?si=n_otgeb58ZBWRqlX
Not only the newer Villages along the Turnpike, but villages like Fenney, DeSoto and McClure who have been waiting years for better connectivity to the east side of The Villages.
Unread 05-23-2024, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasr View Post
Not only the newer Villages along the Turnpike, but villages like Fenney, DeSoto and McClure who have been waiting years for better connectivity to the east side of The Villages.
Absolutely!

McNeil to Bexley may be a better route to the Turnpike and reduce some of the congestion at MBT/Central Parkway/470.

Tags
construction, update, village, point, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.