Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
Talk of The Villages Florida - Rentals, Entertainment & More
|
|
||
|
||
|
In our yard it appears that the dryness is more a problem because the chinch bugs love it and makes the yard more susceptible to invasion. They should be using Bermudagrass, because St. Augustine grass is only moderately drought tolerant, not one of the very best choices for severe, prolonged drought. Per AI "To help St. Augustine grass tolerate drought, mow at the upper end of its recommended height—roughly 3–4 inches—and water deeply only when it shows stress, such as folded or bluish-green blades and footprints that remain visible. "
|
|
|
|
|
||
|
||
|
Wrong.
__________________
Reading is more important than posting. |
|
|
||
|
||
|
What is wrong? I know what I have seen or not seen, and I know that there are many houses in The Villages that do not have an irrigation system. I have seen them also.
|
|
|
||
|
||
|
What is the north area?
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell. “Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain |
|
|
||
|
||
|
I don't have an exact definition, but I know there are many houses in the Village of Silver Lake that do not have an irrigation system. Basically, I am referring to houses that were built more than 20 years ago.
|
|
|
||
|
||
|
Lol!
What are the odds though that the restrictions on rock rather than sod in lawns will be eased soon? There is nothing unattractive about a well-landscaped yard whose primary structural ingredient is rock, as long as the weeds are kept down. If this much-ballyhooed Drought Of The Millennium continues, it would seem to make sense. |
|
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
|
|
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
I believe the restriction against rock is explained with comments anbout impervious surfaces and runoff, not attractiveness. If so, then the need for water absorption into the ground would support the rock restriction, not argue against it.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
|
|
||
|
||
|
As I understand it, you are allowed to replace your grass with rocks if you have a courtyard villa. About 40 percent of the homeowners in my neighborhood have done this. Personally, I think the builder should stop planting small patches of grass in the front and back yards of courtyard villas. They don't offer to maintain this grass, so the homeowner must pay a landscaper $75 or more per month to cut the grass. And, The Villages does not even prohibit the landscapers from using a large and loud riding mower to cut the grass.
If you are moving to The Villages, my advice is to buy a courtyard villa and replace the grass with rocks immediately. You will save money on mowing, fertilizing, weeding, and irrigation. |
|
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works. Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so. Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough |
|
|
||
|
||
|
Quote:
In my neighborhood, many did not, and some of them actually built retaining walls on the street right-of-way, which is illegal. Although, ARC probably would not catch this. You need to get an official survey plat as well as submitting an ARC application. However, I don't think any homeowner has been asked to revise their landscaping. Some people think their property extends to the street. Usually, it does not. |
|
|
||
|
||
|
BlueTriton Brands (Formerly Nestlé Waters North America): Nestlé historically faced intense scrutiny for pumping over a million gallons a day from locations like Ginnie Springs and Madison Blue Spring to produce brands like Zephyrhills and Deer Park. In 2021, Nestlé sold its North American water operations to a private equity firm, which renamed the business BlueTriton Brands. BlueTriton continues these operations under the same free-water permit rules.
Seven Springs Water Company: This private company owns land near Ginnie Springs and holds the actual permit to pump the water. They sell the water directly to BlueTriton. While Seven Springs profits from the transaction, neither company pays the state for the water itself. Niagara Bottling: Another major beverage manufacturer, Niagara Bottling, holds similar permits allowing them to withdraw nearly a million gallons of free groundwater daily in Lake County. |
|
|
|
| Thread Tools | |
|
|