What to do on these rainy days? And, what's with this weather?

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancle704 View Post
Of course we still have watering restrictions. Next will come is an adjustment to our watering bills because the company is hurting because we are not buying enough water from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonandParker View Post
Look at it this way we are saving money on our irrigation bill this mouth. Oh no sun burns this week
Obviously the rainy season in TV is well underway. General Question ... Are you finding that your rain sensors are doing their job and preventing the irrigation system from coming on?
Old 06-26-2012, 06:49 AM

Thanks Asian, we have had some fun, especially my wife. I'm doing OK, can even drive some now.With my daughter here now, I believe the rest of the week will likely involve more shopping, so I'll be at the house slowly packing.

I do greatly appreciate all of the kindness on this site. It really helped a lot at a time of need. I also enjoy the wacky sense of humor of several regular posters here. Not to name any names, Gracie.

My main concern is this stupid storm moving out of the way by Friday so we can get through the northern part of the state.

Don't know if we'll ever be back this way or not. Since this was our first trip, it was kind of overwhelming, and I wasn't at my best. We did look at lots of houses here and several other communities. I probably had mixed reviews for every community we looked at including the villages. We are one or two years away from my wife retiring. We're not even sure Florida is for us yet.

I found the experience pretty overwhelming just because it is so different than we are used to and it's hard to know where to start in considering everything. I envy those of you who have been able to make several trips. I even kind of envy those of you who just bought a house on the first trip. I'm not the sort of person who would ever do that, but for you, the decision is made and you're on the getting adjusted. I some ways that would be easier.

Best of luck to you all.

Dave
Old 06-26-2012, 07:36 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Thanks Asian, we have had some fun, especially my wife. I'm doing OK, can even drive some now.With my daughter here now, I believe the rest of the week will likely involve more shopping, so I'll be at the house slowly packing.

I do greatly appreciate all of the kindness on this site. It really helped a lot at a time of need. I also enjoy the wacky sense of humor of several regular posters here. Not to name any names, Gracie.

My main concern is this stupid storm moving out of the way by Friday so we can get through the northern part of the state.

Don't know if we'll ever be back this way or not. Since this was our first trip, it was kind of overwhelming, and I wasn't at my best. We did look at lots of houses here and several other communities. I probably had mixed reviews for every community we looked at including the villages. We are one or two years away from my wife retiring. We're not even sure Florida is for us yet.

I found the experience pretty overwhelming just because it is so different than we are used to and it's hard to know where to start in considering everything. I envy those of you who have been able to make several trips. I even kind of envy those of you who just bought a house on the first trip. I'm not the sort of person who would ever do that, but for you, the decision is made and you're on the getting adjusted. I some ways that would be easier.

Best of luck to you all.

Dave
Good luck with your future endeavors and safe travels.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post

Best of luck to you all.

Dave
Dave:

I would like to suggest staying on this site as one reads many posts, a move won't seem overwhelming but thats strickly up to you and what is best for you. I am a wannabee and at times a move seemed overwhelming but this site makes it much more manageable.

Best wishes for a speedy recovey.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 AM
Default Couldn't agree more

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Dave:

I would like to suggest staying on this site as one reads many posts, a move won't seem overwhelming but thats strickly up to you and what is best for you. I am a wannabee and at times a move seemed overwhelming but this site makes it much more manageable.

Best wishes for a speedy recovey.
You are so right. DW gets on me sometimes about not doing the gazillion of things needed to do around here in preparation for our move to TV. I keep telling her, "I'm on TOTV and got a great lead on an insurance agency." Turned out that tip saved us over a thousand dollars! TOTV and the great tips folks give are absolutely invaluable. Thank you all for the information shared on TOTV. It sure helps making the many decisions very manageable.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 AM

Wish you all could send some of that rain up here to Indiana....we are in an extreme drought in our area.....but it is still better than snow!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My darling husband went out to breakfast with the guys this morning. They had to cancel their tee time. I am looking for them to start a Mah-jong group if this continues.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My darling husband went out to breakfast with the guys this morning. They had to cancel their tee time. I am looking for them to start a Mah-jong group if this continues.
The picture I'm drawing in my mind. . . four guys sitting around a table, in their golf shoes, slamming tiles on the table shouting, "Par, bogie, birdie!"!!
Old 06-26-2012, 11:49 AM
Sage
The local news at noon just reported that Debby is expected to come ashore at Cedar Key and spend three days traversing the state since it is only moving at 3mph. It won't completely exit Florida until Saturday. The good news is the winds are only 40mph.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.