What's your wish south of 466A?

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 AM

That it would go away!!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 AM

Never expected so many replies....all have merit! Not too worried about this getting back to the Morse family. I'm sure it is someone's job to monitor the subjects on TOTV.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Not to get off subject to much but I need to explain my thoughts about Publix. They may offer some items others do not have and great customer service but at what price? I had never been to Publix before my Lifestyle visit but here are two items that opened my eyes. 1.) Lay's Light Potato Chips $3.99 / bag compared to $3.48 at Walmart. 2.) Coke 2 liter bottle 1.99 compared to $1.38 at Walmart. Bottom line is that Walmart is making a profit !
Take your receipt and comparison shop....you could probably fill up your golf cart all year round just on the savings.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenod View Post
I would love to see Christmas Tree Shop, Trader Joes, and especially Home Goods. I have emailed Home Goods about opening a store here and they responded they would pass it on to the right department. How about EVERYONE sending them an email.
Post the link.

I personally could have started a Christmas Tree shop with what I got rid of before we moved here and STILL have enough stuff that I could open one.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Post the link.

I personally could have starred a Christmas Tree shop with what I got rid of before we moved here and STILL have enough stuff that I could open one.
Although we haven't moved yet, same with us and probably quite a few others. Could probably start a Christmas Tree Consignment Shop but, who would run it . I'm retired and intend to stay that way.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Sage

My choices would be Home Goods, and a Cheesecake Factory. Love their cheesecake.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Buckeyes View Post
Not to get off subject to much but I need to explain my thoughts about Publix. They may offer some items others do not have and great customer service but at what price? I had never been to Publix before my Lifestyle visit but here are two items that opened my eyes. 1.) Lay's Light Potato Chips $3.99 / bag compared to $3.48 at Walmart. 2.) Coke 2 liter bottle 1.99 compared to $1.38 at Walmart. Bottom line is that Walmart is making a profit !
Take your receipt and comparison shop....you could probably fill up your golf cart all year round just on the savings.
Well there's a Walmart at 25A & 27/441 so that's solved. I'll keep going to Publix, when I go it's not crowded and don't mind paying a little more and I find the workers very helpful and friendly. People complain about prices at the Shell station in Colony but I had to wait in line the other day to get gas.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT View Post
First Watch would be great. Another gas station to give Shell/Colony some competition... their prices are always higher.
If I understand things correctly, Circle-K/Shell has an exclusive deal with the developer. There can be no other competing gas stations on Villages property.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjdjmd View Post
I need a Dillards.
Me too!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack184 View Post
If I understand things correctly, Circle-K/Shell has an exclusive deal with the developer. There can be no other competing gas stations on Villages property.
I would think most of the stores have an exclusive with the developers , lol
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbmb24101 View Post
A cvs ( don't care for walgreens)
Different restaurants
A good hardware store
Target
Another publix
I love Walgreens, have never liked CVS, but I am surprised that CVS hasn't built near the Walgreens at Colony....in Orlando, if CVS built, then Walgreens was sure to follow. If Walgreens built, CVS was sure to build nearby. I know some people's insurance only covers if they use CVS. So I think it's a hardship for them to have to go to the one on 466.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Veteran member

How about a quality Outlet Mall with Nike, Reebok, Coach, LL Bean, etc.? Or a Bass Pro Shop?
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
How about a quality Outlet Mall with Nike, Reebok, Coach, LL Bean, etc.? Or a Bass Pro Shop?
God forbid
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM

there is a Walmart in Fruitland Park very close to TV. There is a CVS at the corner of 44 and 301. there is a Winn-Dixie across the street from the CVS. There is an Ace Hardware in Wildwood with superior customer service the best that I've seen anywhere in or surrounding TV!

So I'm a little confused on why everyone wants another Walmart or other grocery stores down here? Do you really shop that much at Costco?

I would like more green space including a dog park - and I don't even own a dog nor do I plan on it.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
There is an Ace Hardware in Wildwood, just 2 miles from Hemingway gate
not golf cart accessible
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.