where to buy pics?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-21-2015, 08:46 PM

I just thought of another place.

I have seen some wonderful paintings on display at the Sumter County Villages Annex on 466, and some of them were for sale.

(That's the place with the offices for taxes, etc. and where the plant clinics are held.)

But I do not know if there are always paintings there. I have been in that building only 3 or 4 times. I might be sending you on a wild goose chase because the last time I was in the annex was November to pay taxes.

I hope somebody here knows if there is always that little gallery in the hallway of the annex.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Also be on the alert for the art shows that feature the works of Villages' artists. There was just one at Laurel Manor a week ago.
Old 02-23-2015, 07:09 AM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default Again you all are the best!!!!

I am keeping all of this in mind!!!

I did go to Picture You and think this will be a place I frequently visit, although I didn not find what I am looking for this time....(I have difficult colors in my great room) but found many many pics there that I did like.

I also have penciled in the art show that is coming in March and went to the one on Saturday.

Gee I hope others can benefit from these suggestions also.

Thanks so very much.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:22 AM

You're welcome, ss,

When you find your pictures, then comes the hanging-up part.

The article I am linking here is from houzz.com and is titled "6 Easy Ways to Skillfully Hang Your Art."

This article has some pictures which might give you some ideas, especially if you are considering doing groupings. I had to laugh though because one of the pictures is of frames, all sprayed with gold paint, but with no pictures in them. -- I hope you are not to that point yet. I know you are going to find the perfect pictures for you. But nest-feathering sure can take a while sometimes. Carry on.

Here's the link:

6 Easy Ways to Skillfully Hang Your Art
Old 02-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
....Also has anyone explored much beyond our borders? I have been to The Millenia Mall and liked the Macy's but the other stores were out of my price range. The Ocala mall seems too small and the outdoor shopping plaza doesn't have Macy's....
For a mall, you might want to consider The Shops at Wiregrass, just north of Tampa (about an hour ride on I 75).

Here is a link: The Shops at Wiregrass :: 28211 Paseo Drive, Suite 100, Wesley Chapel, FL. 33543 :: 813-994-2242

A new huge outlet mall near there is supposed to open in October.
Old 02-23-2015, 11:35 PM
Sage
Default Try The Art And Photography Shows Here In The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
Where does one buy art/pictures for the wall. I am changing to Florida Decor and can't seem to find that Store where the prices are right and the style is right.
As a photographer myself and a regular attendee at the frequent art and photography shows here in The Villages, I can confidently say that you can buy superior art or photography to decorate your home at much lower prices than at local retail stores by simply attending shows sponsored by our local clubs. Both photography clubs have annual "expos" and the art clubs--The Villages Art Association and The Villages Art League--sponsor several art shows and "art on the square" shows throughout the year.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Kahuna is correct, there are excellent works of art for sale at the art shows. There are also two Florida artists I've run across that display their works on line: Tripp Harrison and Lee Young Fine Art. Just google them. Has anyone run across any others?
Old 02-24-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
Hmm, depending on your price range, I am an acrylic artist and have some pieces for sale.
Wanda your paintings are beautiful!
Old 03-13-2015, 04:52 PM

I saw something in today's paper that made me think of this nice thread from a few weeks ago. The OP might have her pictures by now. But I thought I would pass along this information for anybody who might like this kind of stuff -- like I do.

The Leesburg Art Festival is this weekend, Saturday and Sunday, March 14 and 15, 10:00 - 5:00.

Looks promising. But I bet it will be really crowded. Could be worth it though.

Anyway, here's a link to the website:

Leesburg Center For the Arts, Leesburg, Florida
Old 03-28-2015, 09:17 PM

Hi, Welcome new villager,

My husband and I moved into our new Poinciana Village home in 2006. We gave away, sold and donated every bit of furniture we enjoyed and owned over a forty year period. We discovered early in our marriage, we liked quality instead of fad and of course, credit cards did not exist for us nor would we want to begin or maintain our lives by using plastic. Patience and sacrifice was our way of building and maintaining our home style. I'd say we were pretty average for our generation. It was so much fun to get together with family and friends on a budget and remained our life style for years until moved to the Villages. In the Villages, we were spending money at breakneck speed to purchase furniture, accessories, necessities and entertainment including a new vehicle and reducing our vehicle needs to one automobile.

Sometimes I wish the twenty year olds that we were carried into our first taste of retirement lifestyle. We had to live and learn then and we should have been wiser now if we paused to realize we are not looking for needs to accommodate forty plus of marriage, child rearing, and family/friends entertainment.

Part of the problem of building our home in the Villages was the neverending treks to Alto Monte Springs, Orlando, Ocala, Leesburg, etc. The only suggestion I have is stay within your comfort zone and let the person that is you shine no matter what your home furniture lifestyle maybe. If you have not attended a Villages Art show (talented residents/varied styles, mediums, and prices to meet most any buyers needs) welcome and good luck!

Last edited by Hummintwo; 03-28-2015 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add suggestion
Old 05-25-2015, 10:04 AM

This thread is a couple of months old, but a lot of the information herein can be helpful on a continuing basis. There are always Villagers feathering their nests.

I just wanted to say that today art.com has 45 percent off as their website code. They usually do that version of marketing that involves creating a sense of urgency. There is often some sort of a percentage off code. But this is the best one I have seen.

I will warn you, as I did in an earlier post in this thread, that art.com can be overwhelming but the site does try to help the customer categorize choices. And the search line will surprise you with what it can search. Type in a specific subject like horses or Florida or 4 seasons or whatever you like and it just might find it.

My sister-in-law told me about art.com years ago. She had painted her guest bath with some paint she got on a deal from the mistake shelf at the paint store. She thought the color would look good with a picture of her favorite flower. She typed it in and Voila!

And forever after, I have been using the site, through 3 houses.

Going-Broke-Buying-Frames Laurie
Old 05-25-2015, 04:08 PM

A website called Great Big Canvas was recommended to me by a local decorator, Katie Green. I just ordered a pic that comes in 3 segments of a favorite place in Ireland. It's a canvas wrapped pic so no frame although they have framed pictures. You can also do a search on their site for anything beachy, Florida, birds, sunsets, whatever you are looking for.

They also have nice pictures at Rustic Rose in Brownwood.
Old 05-25-2015, 04:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
Hmm, depending on your price range, I am an acrylic artist and have some pieces for sale.
Good lookin stuff.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 05-26-2015, 11:26 AM

Try kirklands
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.