Why are people in TV selling their homes?

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2012, 10:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
I don't believe the bond issue has anything to do with purchase, financing, or ownership of residential real estate in the villages, therefore no disclosure is required.
I think you are right.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM

circumstances change. In our case, we needed to move to a larger home with another bedroom (another family member is moving in with us) but we are staying within The Villages.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Tom, We were reported for one little gnome that was in our stones under a tree, we had to move it to under the eave of our home. Ok Sumter county north of 466 has few restrictions or so it seams lots of lawn ornaments. While I am not a fan of a lot making a home yours seems reasonable. I live in Marion County north of 466 closer to 42 and the deed restrictions are confining as you can see by our one gnome issue what is weird is the restriction is for the front of our house lol we are on a huge corner lot on a cul de sac and the back and side of our house s what is most seen and we can put up what we want there,go figure. While I don't like restrictions I can deal with it rather than move. Good luck and hope you can convince your wife to stay.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:27 PM

Being able to afford living in TV all depends on your personal lifestyle. Homes can be purchased on the lesser expensive side of TV that allow the owner more flexibility w/monthly incomes but, bottom line, TV is definitely not an inexpensive place to live. It's a fun place w/lots of options for seniors but what's important to one person may not be as important to another. Most people have to pace themselves financially to make it through each month w/out extending themselves too much. It can and is being done there every day.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to the forum.

What a positive and interesting post!

Stay and share more with us.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kateb1 View Post
Being able to afford living in TV all depends on your personal lifestyle. Homes can be purchased on the lesser expensive side of TV that allow the owner more flexibility w/monthly incomes but, bottom line, TV is definitely not an inexpensive place to live. It's a fun place w/lots of options for seniors but what's important to one person may not be as important to another. Most people have to pace themselves financially to make it through each month w/out extending themselves too much. It can and is being done there every day.
One cannot be out and about spending like crazy on meals, entertainment, etc but one can do things that cost relatively nothing.

to TOTV. Keep on posting.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=2BNTV;620657] One cannot be out and about spending like crazy on meals, entertainment, etc but one can do things that cost relatively nothing.

Could you speak to my wife, please?
Old 02-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
One cannot be out and about spending like crazy on meals, entertainment, etc but one can do things that cost relatively nothing.
But you don't live here yet! You just wait .... you too will want to be out and about spending like crazy. Just kidding, of course it is possible to budget.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,977 Times in 2,483 Posts

I hope somebody is selling in 14 months or so. Nice court yard villa with bond paid!!! I hope this is not pipe dream then
Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM
Sage

[quote=DougB;620701]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

Could you speak to my wife, please?

Sure, no problem but I am going home after the talk. You have to stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
But you don't live here yet! You just wait .... you too will want to be out and about spending like crazy. Just kidding, of course it is possible to budget.
I probably will as I plan to raising a little heck or run out of money.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-04-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnDeb View Post
My hubby and I are coming up and staying Mon and Tues at the comfort Inn Suites to look and see homes??? Being on fixed incomes, how expensive is it to live in TV?

All info is welcome
We think that it is quite reasonable to live here given the taxes (so far), and the utilities (so far). Try living in the Northeast if some here think it's expensive here. We find groceries and dairy are much more expensive but clothes, entertainment and good restaurants are quite reasonable. While you are looking, be patient and don't jump into anything. We found The Villages sales people are far from high pressure albeit they are dealing with older and more established clients. Do your homework, check out all the areas and Good luck...and by the way, that's where we stayed when we first came to TV. Terrific continental breakfasts to start off your day at Comfort Suites.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.