Will The Villages become the 1st City in America, owned by PE? Will The Villages become the 1st City in America, owned by PE? - Page 6 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Will The Villages become the 1st City in America, owned by PE?

Reply
Thread Tools
  #76  
Unread Today, 08:47 AM
GWilliams GWilliams is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jan 2024
Posts: 124
Thanks: 1
Thanked 45 Times in 30 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
It's becoming increasingly likely, it seems.

The newer generations of the Developer don't seem interested in continuing, based on the fact that the new CEO came from outside the family.

They're selling off the management intensive businesses ... bank, healthcare and I've heard, some "suppliers".

Looks suspiciously like preparation for a sale. I used to think the tax implications were a protection against that, but I no longer see that as an obstacle ... there are ways around that. I'm guessing the family will sell off the entirety of their commercial holdings to PE, which effectively puts PE in charge of The Villages.

Not to be controversial or an instigator, but I have plenty of popcorn available.
Just buy stock in all the P.E. companies and grow rich. LOL
  #77  
Unread Today, 10:15 AM
Stu from NYC Stu from NYC is offline
Diamond Member
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 16,031
Thanks: 1,313
Thanked 16,773 Times in 6,681 Posts
Default

To safeguard the community we have decided to buy the holding company that runs the Villages.

In order to get in at the ground floor of this amazing opportunity we will sell shares in this upcoming venture that should make us rich.
Reply

Tags
family, charge, longer, instigator, protection


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 PM.