Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,316 Times in 547 Posts
Default No WalMart

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
OK guys...you win...I'll edit my signature. I'm old but not inflexible.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first is to be flexible at all times". Anonymous
Old 05-15-2014, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I do, however, get a $5 off coupon on $50 of groceries frequently at Winn Dixie. But I think they're all in cahoots! No grocery store, even when SweetBay was around, carried everything we needed. Whoever heard of carrying Sargento reduced-fat cheddar cheese sticks but not the sandwich slices? (Publix) Why would a store carry Purdue products but not their packages of five individually wrapped chicken breasts? (Winn Dixie).

And don't ask me about pickles with no sugar added...
I know what you mean. Sweetbay had the best price on a special green tea I liked, which is much more expensive at Winn Dixie, and Publix doesn't even carry it. I'm going to try to do a better job of stocking up on staples when I see them on sale at the different stores.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:28 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
WinnDixie is a convenient location to me, Walmart is not. Walmart is too big and strung out for a quick a shopping experience, Winn Dixie is not. I find most items that I buy to be similarly priced. Fuel perks are a nice bonus, just like S&H green stamps were. Personally , I avoid Walmart. When we were living in Georgia it was reported that 30% of all children on Peach Care (Medicaid) where children of WalMart employees. It is easy to have lower prices when you pay low wages.
But Wal-Mart sells more than food. If you only go to the Wal-Mart grocery side it is the same size (or smaller ) than Winn-Dixie or Publix.

Thinks apples and apples - not apple and oranges.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I think unions have made this country and will break this country. My nephew is a prison guard, he is 43 and can retire with full benefits,sorry I have a big problem with this. Don't mean to get off topic.
If he found a job that gave full retirement on 20 years, why is that a problem? I am sure a prison guard is not a great life and there are rules and regulations.

Now that I think of it, a person that defends our country for 20 years also can retire with full benefits. Do you have a problem with that?

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
$.299 per gallon. Still doesn't make sense. I think you get 5 cents off per gallon for every $50 worth of groceries purchased. you must have been feeding an army. Or you bought out their liquor store!
Nope..., not feeding an army. Just started accumulating them when WD took over Sweetbay about six weeks ago. You get additional perks on certain items and from the pharmacy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.