Would love to meet some other young couples (in their 50’s and 60’s)

Old 04-02-2024, 10:53 PM
Default Would love to meet some other young couples (in their 50’s and 60’s)

Would love to meet some other young couples (in their 50’s and 60’s), who have the time to get together to socialize who enjoy intellectual and diverse conversations, travel, fine dining, games, entertainment or other fun activities. Please send me a private message to coordinate a time to introduce ourselves.
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."
Author Unknown

Old 04-02-2024, 11:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingTVLifestyle View Post
Would love to meet some other young couples (in their 50’s and 60’s), who have the time to get together to socialize who enjoy intellectual and diverse conversations, travel, fine dining, games, entertainment or other fun activities. Please send me a private message to coordinate a time to introduce ourselves.
The easiest way to meet people is to GO OUT!. Squares, clubs, rec centers, restaurants, events, or simply walk your neighborhood. Strike up a conversation and you've just met new friends.

Old 04-03-2024, 03:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I mean this in the nicest possible way. This isn’t the place. Go out and you’ll meet a ton of friends. Go to happy hours, go to clubs/activities etc. join your village facebook group too. I’m in my 50’s but I’m not a couple, I’m a solo. I meet people every time I go out.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,750 Times in 461 Posts

So incredibly easy to just “naturally” meet people of like-interests in The Villages - I have more friends at this stage of my life than ever before. The Villages is truly a “magical” place. Get out there are enjoy everything our wonderful community has to offer!

Old 04-03-2024, 06:28 AM

As another junior member, I agree with the veteran posts. We are actually moving into our house there next week. We are both 60. We've only been to The Villages three different times over the last year, each for a week or less, and me have met lots of people just going out and about. Have met at happy hour, have met at the squares at night, at the pool and at the rec centers. It has been really easy just in the those few times.

Old 04-03-2024, 06:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,457 Times in 2,096 Posts

Look into the "Born in the 60s" and "South of 60" groups - both cater to the age group you are looking for and sponsor a number of activities.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough

Old 04-03-2024, 08:00 AM

Don't mean to high jack the posting. We have met some people too especially at classes...(haven't found the happy hours and such as friendly..people seem to want to stick to themselves) anyway do yall just exchange phone numbers or give out your card? Or just wait for someone to decide let's all get together! We are just so used to just neighbors or co workers being socail!

Old 04-03-2024, 08:41 AM

Thanks so much! That’s great news.
“Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about those who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."
Author Unknown

Old 04-03-2024, 06:10 PM

Joining groups and activities that you're interested in would help to make new friends.

And don't forget that people in their 70's and beyond (and singles) can meet the qualities that you are looking for in a friend.

GL!

Old 04-03-2024, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,644 Times in 3,163 Posts

You've been living in The Villages since 2014. A little curious how it is you haven't found groups to be part of over the last 10 years of living here.

Old 04-04-2024, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeblossombaby View Post
you've been living in the villages since 2014. A little curious how it is you haven't found groups to be part of over the last 10 years of living here.
lol. Cl.

Old 04-04-2024, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
You've been living in The Villages since 2014. A little curious how it is you haven't found groups to be part of over the last 10 years of living here.
Good catch!

Old 04-04-2024, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Join born in the 60's. You can find it on Facebook.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Good catch!
groups have not proved to "be the place" either. We've done 'go out", "dine out", "out" over 100 social cards.... they are very willing to take but rarely any follow through.

Any input is merely a "by chance" input. It's very "clicky" here for the most part.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:29 AM

Quote:
This isn't really the forum for meeting people. Unfortunately, Facebook seems to be the dominate media. I'm a member of 3-4 groups that are especially for those that are under 60 and 2-3 for those in their 40s-50s. I think at one count a year or so ago I counted close to 75 Facebook groups based on my location in TV and my age group.

How have you lived here so long and not met anyone?

Tags
50’s, love, time, 60’s, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.