Yet another "thought I'd seen about everything" post re: drivers.

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2016, 03:41 AM

cur·mudg·eon. here again yes me axe is sharp ..its so simple . one day this can happen to you!!!. Individual blows by me at an highly excessive rate of speed, only to soon see the Blue/red lights of an unmarked pull him over. Well, we are by nature busybody looker-lous aren't we? I pull over to make a "phone call" a safe distant away, or perhaps to a text .. when the Officer was done and pulling away , I commence to laugh very loudly and fall down laughing.. hysterically. Karma my friends is a beautiful thing. Nobody escapes. As far as being an emergency , if that was the case, me thinks not, that's why you pull out your phone and push .. hmmm? oh yes the numbers 911 . I agree Hancle704! There are fire stations everywhere. We could spend all day with the bad drivers here.. mostly NY tags ..lol.. ouch! Note 6B..LOL.We have the MOST aggressive radar traps known ALL over the state!! for years and years Known!!! """ do not speed here""" , for one mile over and BAMN! ticket issued. Lady Lake is very aggressive on speed control, they do have a quota, and they have new muscle cars!! Mustang, charger and Camaro very nice! Most PD do not have so of nice vehicles , but Lady Lake does, hmm how can they afford them? oh yes , TICKETS! no worry's Kevin Thompson isn't on the force anymore!! (riddle) ( for those who like research! our lovely area known as The Villages... Happy Labor day!! How many remember what a Sargent of Lady Lake pd did? way back in the day? 2nd riddle ..for kicks park on highway 25 by the vet most every morning while you eat donuts and watch all the people come down the hill in a 35 mph and get nailed,, good times!! maybe we can start a viral video!! cur·mudg·eon out!!

Last edited by nicoletta; 09-05-2016 at 04:29 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Speeding Only against the law when you get caught by police officer ( the law enforcers) No different than anywhere else in the USA. Speeder's everywhere. I find its best to stay out of their road. Speeder's I can handle, tailgating speeder's are IMO far more dangerous. IMO the worst speeder's are in Cadillac's, BMWs, and Mercedes.
The NICER the CAR, The WORST the Driver!!
the most dangerous is an old junker car, they don't Care about their car!!
""Speeding Only against the law when you get caught ""
so murder is only against the law if you get caught? So rape is only against the law if you get caught? I smell an possible Embezzler? Here's a thought !

Did Bill Cosby think its only illegal if you get caught? ouch!!
the term "slippery slope" applies

Karma WILL catch speeders who "" think"" ( term used loosely to illustrate),this way........ its called MVA ..

these people thought they wouldn't get caught !!! see below

•In 2013 there were----------- 5,687,000.......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! police-reported motor vehicle traffic crashes, 32,719 people died in motor vehicle crashes,

lets rethink that statistic 32,719 family's notified their loved one lost,, .by an arrogant bombastic driver..who thought that it isn't illegal if you don't get caught ...

but here's one really good one for you -- what was James Dean last thought? (Only against the law when you get caught by police officer)
He was ticketed earlier in the day he died..for speeding,, yet he died later that day speeding..because he thought this way? point illustrated.

"" tailgating speeder's are IMO far more dangerous"" this one is easy. If it is day time flip your lights on and the tailgater will see the lights on your rear light up and they will back off thinking it was the brakes activated- human instinct. If that doesn't work keep really hitting the brakes who cares.. if you hit someone from the rear you are responsible for not controlling your vehicle by "law" no danger with that scenario IMO

Last edited by nicoletta; 09-05-2016 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:41 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
My bad...I did mean two cars, hence 4 headlights. When one types sometimes the "thinker" doesn't quite work correctly with the fingers, typing. Yes...the white car was passing the cars behind me and eventually me and the cars that were ahead. The signs posted in that stretch is 30 mph.---the speeder by my guessimate was going at least 60. An emergency to the hospital probably would factor into this BUT any other reason....not so much.
The problem with TOTV discussion has to do with the philosophical differences of posters. This OP reports 60mph in a 30mph. In another thread the OP reported 26mph in a 20mph. Opinions went from a dichotomy to an issue of unfairness in the latter situation. some are greatly bothered by people who exceed the speed limit. Personally I believe we don't live in a world of absolutes except for one. I keep thinking about the posters on here that believe they have a right to police others and seem to take great satisfaction when they are issued a ticket anytime they exceed the speed limit even if its a mile over. I prefer a live let live view because we all live in glass houses.
Old 09-05-2016, 05:40 AM

Personally I believe we don't live in a world of absolutes except for one=nice post BUT
there are two ways to see this issue
we live by rule either Gods or our own self governing- YET abuse of enforcement for self gain is unacceptable either by GOVT or MAN- let live and live is nice,, either way don't get caught going one mile over is excessive and one the other hand don't lose a loved one by one who greatly exceeds the rules I hope neither happen-- lastly lets replace the word problem with the word benefit!!

The benefit with TOTV discussion has to do with the philosophical differences of posters

this isn't Russia or China!! freedom of speech is one the best things!!
Old 09-05-2016, 05:43 AM

""""take great satisfaction when they are issued a ticket anytime they exceed the speed limit even if its a mile over""

you meant the Lady Lake speed traps po po correct?
Old 09-05-2016, 05:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,557 Times in 1,930 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Speeding Only against the law when you get caught by police officer ( the law enforcers) No different than anywhere else in the USA. Speeder's everywhere. I find its best to stay out of their road. Speeder's I can handle, tailgating speeder's are IMO far more dangerous. IMO the worst speeder's are in Cadillac's, BMWs, and Mercedes.
I am relieved to know that no one will think I am one of those "worst speeder's".

It is just not right to look down on people who are poor, or those who worked hard and paid for their things.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:38 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

From the Springfield, Ohio paper that is apropos
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1185.JPG
Views:	120
Size:	968.2 KB
ID:	61937  
Old 09-05-2016, 10:27 AM

I was spitting donuts at the speed traps!
Old 09-05-2016, 10:28 AM

then I pointed my hair dryer at the speeders to watch them hit the brakes!!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
I don't know but I wish a few more had gone with them. Trying to read some posts makes me want to gauge my eyes out.
Then you couldn't read or drive!!
me thinks you meant
gouge.

[É¡ouj]
Closed Thread

Tags
thought, north, passing, dust, sight

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.