Still recovering from TVLS

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2012, 12:10 PM
Default Still recovering from TVLS

Hi all,
We completed our LS visit a few weeks ago and just can't stop thinking and talking about all the great reasons to make the big move! I know most of you have experienced this same phenomenon. We came with another couple who had a LS visit in July...they were totally sold so we thought..why not just visit, the price was right and the March weather is pretty good. OMG did we fall for TV as you all say "its the lifestyle". Now the hard part comes...working all the details to make TV a reality for us. We are both nurses (retired Navy), we live in Maryland now. Thanks for all the great posts, what a ton of useful information.
Lou and Mary
Old 03-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Sage

Hey Lou and Mary - - - - Next time you head to TV................bring your checkbook!!!

Glad you enjoyed your stay! It's fun, isn't it?

Bill
Old 03-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Platinum member

Good luck with your decisions! We've all "been there"!
Old 03-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Veteran member

It was lovely to meet you on the trolley tour and thanks for taking a few minutes to chat with us. We look forward to our month rental in October and hope to get a better feel for TV than we got on that very busy day of the St Paddy's Day parades. Can't wait to try out some of the golf courses!

Good luck in your search!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Sage

Lou and Mary,

Welcome to TOTV! Yes, we all know just how you feel. Like many of us, you were probably warned in advance about the Kool Refreshing Drink-- but just didn't realize how many addictive flavors there were.

Don't worry. Planning and dreaming is part of the fun-- as is making virtual friends here on TOTV 'til you get here.

To paraphrase a song: I don't care how you get here. Get here when you can!

Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM

Did the TVLS tour, brought our check book and after several full days looking at both pre-owned and new homes, wrote the check and are now living the dream of a snow bird!

Dan
Natick, MA
Village of Buttonwood 1/12/11
Old 03-26-2012, 01:21 AM
Sage

Lou and Mary, Welcome to TOTV. From one wannabee to another, I hope you can make TV a reality sooner rather than later!
Old 03-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Location: Philadelphia,PA - Mt Laurel, NJ, Village of Fernandina

Hi Lou & Mary,
I did the Lifestyle Preview in November and it was the first time in all my years of traveling that one week just wasn't enough. I want a lifetime of TV. I'll be renting in Hemingway for two months (May & June) and I hope to find something permanent. So glad you enjoyed your short time....there is nothing like it anywhere.
I bet the next time you visit, you'll be househunting. Good luck.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Gold member
Default Nice!

I like to read on TOTV when people come home and are excited to return. I am so glad you enjoyed yourself's

Sometimes the site can give people the impression of negativity. You have
to read into and around that.

For Ruth and Myself the positives of this community far Outweigh any written or implied negatives.

Herv
Old 04-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouHeindel View Post
Hi all,
We completed our LS visit a few weeks ago and just can't stop thinking and talking about all the great reasons to make the big move! I know most of you have experienced this same phenomenon. We came with another couple who had a LS visit in July...they were totally sold so we thought..why not just visit, the price was right and the March weather is pretty good. OMG did we fall for TV as you all say "its the lifestyle". Now the hard part comes...working all the details to make TV a reality for us. We are both nurses (retired Navy), we live in Maryland now. Thanks for all the great posts, what a ton of useful information.
Lou and Mary
It's great to hear from another Marylander. My wife and I grew up in Baltimore. Currently, we are cleaning out our 30 years of stuff so we can make a move with just suitcases in hand. Got rid of the big stuff . (Furniture, Truck, Garden Equipment, etc.) We too came to Florida, visited several communities, and found The Villages offered the ammenities and conveniences not found anywhere. Good luck on your voyage to The Villages.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Sage

When the neighbors and "friends" around you start in on "What if _____, and What if _______, and "Oh, Florida is too hot and buggy (like Washington DC area is an oasis in the summer)", and they talk like they know all about it but have never been here.....

Just remember that many of them are too cowardly to ever make even the slightest change in their boring, hum-drum lives in which "routine" is the last hideout of the cowardly and the boring.

One of the best things about TV is that generally, the people are far more adventuresome than people the same age where we lived before. And man, are the adventuresome ones enjoying life to the fullest, while "giving back"--joyfully-- in hundreds of volunteer organizations, etc.

When the cowards try to talk you out of moving/buying in TV, just tell them, "Well 85,000 people can't all be wrong."
Old 04-01-2012, 01:42 PM

GOOD FOR YOU GUYS!!!!!!!
The very best of luck to both of you.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post
When the neighbors and "friends" around you start in on "What if _____, and What if _______, and "Oh, Florida is too hot and buggy (like Washington DC area is an oasis in the summer)", and they talk like they know all about it but have never been here.....

Just remember that many of them are too cowardly to ever make even the slightest change in their boring, hum-drum lives in which "routine" is the last hideout of the cowardly and the boring.

One of the best things about TV is that generally, the people are far more adventuresome than people the same age where we lived before. And man, are the adventuresome ones enjoying life to the fullest, while "giving back"--joyfully-- in hundreds of volunteer organizations, etc.

When the cowards try to talk you out of moving/buying in TV, just tell them, "Well 85,000 people can't all be wrong."

Old 04-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetv View Post

That simply means that your friends, family and neighbors like you a lot and do not want you to move. Consider it a compliment.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:36 PM
Gold member

I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit...and even more glad to find out we aren't the only ones!!! The problem is, we drove friends and family nuts talking about it..but we learned to keep quiet...that is, until we come down this month..then the whole thing starts again. We can't wait til the day we actually move there!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.