Can't afford Goofy

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2015, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,632 Times in 534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper1 View Post
I do think it is unfortunate a very large, and growing percentage of American children will never be able to have the Disney experience due to the cost of it. Not sure what the answer is but it is troubling.
I'm not sure that that's because of the ticket prices. Most of the people there have saved for a big family vacation. They pay for airfare and hotels. The Disney hotels are very expensive and yet are always full. When families plan a week long vacation to Disney, they buy multiple park tickets. Only people who live here and have passes go for one day. Those multiple day, multiple park passes give discounts so the majority of the people are not paying the full amount. Many people who vacation there do so on packages that include hotel and food. Again these packages offer discounts. A lot of people also get free or discounted tickets from various time share companies that use them to entice people to take their tours. I really doubt that a lot of people are paying $100 to go there for one day.

I also seem to remember when I first went there around 1976 or so that the admission price was pretty low, but you had to pay for each ride. I wonder what the average person spent and how that relates to forty years of inflation.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianne237 View Post
Is there any place we Floridians can purchase these tickets and get a break?
(ie) AAA, or any travel agent?
disney.com
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:48 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
We as a family of four spend 6 night and 7 days staying at their hotel did it all and except for the meals the trip cost us $1,000 and that included airfare
Was that in 1972?

Old 02-25-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage

click here for more information

Make your little one’s dreams come true with the perfect package for parents of mini Mouseketeers.
For example: Enjoy a 3-night/2-day stay at select Disney’s All-Star Resorts in standard rooms and theme park tickets for a family of 3—for just $909. Book through March 28 for savings on a kid-sized package most Sunday through Thursday nights April 12, 2015 through May 21, 2015 and May 25, 2015 through May 28, 2015.
Old 02-25-2015, 12:16 PM
Gold member

That is called inflation. Everything cost more... everyone wants to get paid more and everyone wants to feel safe. You got to pay to play.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:04 PM

If you are retired military with the blue ID card you can go to the Shades of Green website and see current military discount for 4 day Park Hopper tickets. Shades of Green is the resort at Disney World available to active and retired military.
Old 02-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Veteran member

I remember back in 1974 the "E" ticket.......just for the major rides
Old 02-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Sage

I haven't been there in 15 years and would maybe go if the ticket prices were around $20.00. but could care less if I never went there again. I went there before it ever opened and they only had a preview center showing what was going to be built back in about the late 60's. I really enjoy Disney, but not to the tune of $100. a day, not to mention a coke and hot dog for lunch for $8.00 or more. And how about paying to park? You drive there and of course you have to park there and then they charge you to park.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:34 PM

My wife and I have been annual pass holders for many years, we go quite often. There is a lot to do beyond the theme parks, even though we enjoy those as well. The more you go the cheaper the daily rate!! We get special rates at Disney resorts as well. Some folks enjoy this type of entertainment, some don't.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Sage

This is not for everyone. Last year we had relatives staying at Disney. We spent the day riding around on all the free transportation, monorails and boats and visiting the fancy lodgings for free. We had lunch at Wilderness Lodge which is quite a deal for all you can eat.
Old 02-25-2015, 11:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I haven't been there in 15 years and would maybe go if the ticket prices were around $20.00. but could care less if I never went there again. I went there before it ever opened and they only had a preview center showing what was going to be built back in about the late 60's. I really enjoy Disney, but not to the tune of $100. a day, not to mention a coke and hot dog for lunch for $8.00 or more. And how about paying to park? You drive there and of course you have to park there and then they charge you to park.
We buy the FL resident week day pass and go about 12 times a year. That's less than $20.00 a day. I agree about the food. We only eat there once or twice a year. Sometimes we pack a lunch or have a big meal before we go and stop somewhere on the way home.

The parking is a pet peeve of mine. If you stay at a resort you don't pay for parking. It seems that with the billions that they make they could allow you to park at no cost.

On the other hand, you can go and park at Downtown Disney and take a shuttle to a resort. From there you can take a shuttle to a park.

Old 03-03-2015, 10:58 PM

We are going on Friday. Would like to take a hotel room to relax half way through, any recommendations. Nothing fancy. Thank you
Old 03-04-2015, 08:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
click here for more information

Make your little ones dreams come true with the perfect package for parents of mini Mouseketeers.
For example: Enjoy a 3-night/2-day stay at select Disneys All-Star Resorts in standard rooms and theme park tickets for a family of 3for just $909. Book through March 28 for savings on a kid-sized package most Sunday through Thursday nights April 12, 2015 through May 21, 2015 and May 25, 2015 through May 28, 2015.
3-night/2-day stay??? How does that work?

But even with the typos it illustrates my point. That's three days at the parks and two nights hotel room for $303 per person.

Old 03-04-2015, 10:38 AM
Platinum member

If you go often, as I do (about once a month), you can get a Florida Resident Annual Pass for around $450 or $38 a month if you prefer. That makes it pretty affordable. It's good for any park, or multiple parks in a day (Park Hopper). And there other other Pass options if you go less. Check it out.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/fl...70.RD.AM.01.03
Old 03-05-2015, 04:50 PM
Sage

I went twice, once in the early 70s and again around the mid 80s but I never bought a ticket. Tickets were purchased by relatives who were visiting. I might have gone once in California too.

I was very impressed by the Hall of Presidents.

But I think I've had enough, there's no way I'm going to pay $100.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.