Earth Fare is Closing in Lady Lake

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2022, 03:39 PM

Great salad bar.
Old 08-30-2022, 04:26 PM
Sage

Their location wasn't great. I never think of going up there then add in the traffic on Rolling Acres (which would be how I'd go there). Other things against them is not golf-cart accessible. Did they advertise very much? Then the close-downs too---people maybe didn't go out to shop there much. Sad they're closing.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:13 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,214 Times in 471 Posts

Capitalism at work.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:31 AM

I'm surprised that there isn't a Whole Foods closer to TV.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:39 AM

I went there for the 1st time last week to find a specific bread and planned on purchasing other items until…the over whelming terrible smell when I walked in the door. It was horrible! Walked out with only 1 item.
Old 08-31-2022, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

No surprise. It’s one of those stores you walk into once and leave without ever going back. Too expensive and they don’t have what you need if you have to go grocery shopping.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:33 AM

I asked a person in the cheese department why they were closing. She said there were several factors, one of which was the accessibility problem due to the road construction. A Sprouts is supposedly opening up near The Villages. I think it will be off 466.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TawMar View Post
I asked a person in the cheese department why they were closing. She said there were several factors, one of which was the accessibility problem due to the road construction. A Sprouts is supposedly opening up near The Villages. I think it will be off 466.
Sprouts is scheduled to open in January. It will be located on the corner of 466 and Buena Vista.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,903 Times in 810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
Their location wasn't great. I never think of going up there then add in the traffic on Rolling Acres (which would be how I'd go there). Other things against them is not golf-cart accessible. Did they advertise very much? Then the close-downs too---people maybe didn't go out to shop there much. Sad they're closing.
I’m sure those things contributed, but I’ve noticed on many occasions that Total Wine, Goodwill, Miller’s Ale House, and Mission BBQ all seem to have a lot more cars parked near them than Earth Fare. I’m not sure even Whole Foods would make it there, though I could be wrong. There are many people here who would rather shop at Whole Foods than at Publix or Winn-Dixie, but I think the vast majority are too budget conscious for Whole Foods or Earth Fare. I know I am. I wouldn’t shop at Trader Joe’s either, but I think it could succeed because of its prices. I usually ship at the Winn-Dixie at Lake Sumter, which is definitely golf cart accessible, but I’d guess that only about 10% of shoppers there come in carts. So perhaps golf cart access at Earth Fare wasn’t all that important.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:54 AM
Default Mark and Linnea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Wait till Sprouts opens later this year, and Yes, golf cart accessible.
Have to ask- did Linnea go to MSU? I might know have known her.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Email arrived this morning, Earth Fare will stat today with 30% off. No exact date for closing.

I have shopped Earth Fare for many years, and will miss their no preservatives or additives in their products. Sadly, TV and the surrounding area didn’t have their key customers. So will be traveling to Whole Foods in Gainesville to shop for my pantry.
There is an Earth Fare in Ocala.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:23 AM

Really sad to hear it but not surprised, there never seem to be many people in the store. Location was probably an issue, especially for us in the southern villages (takes forever to get there). You wonder if they would have been OK with a location on 44.

Prices were high but so was the quality, I would think that high price for high quality wouldn't be an issue but who knows, maybe we're all just flat out cheap.

Joe
Old 08-31-2022, 09:01 AM
Default Whole Foods

There is a Whole Foods on 466 that is always busy when we go past.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by southheart View Post
There is a Whole Foods on 466 that is always busy when we go past.
There is not a Whole Foods in TV. Do you mean Fresh Market?

Last edited by JSR22; 08-31-2022 at 09:17 AM.
Old 08-31-2022, 09:35 AM
Default Earth Fare Demise

2022 0831 Wednesday @ 10:02
Anyone who would question the need for Earth Fare in TV's area undoubtedly does not understand what buying "healthy" foods means.

Those of us who seek foods that we consider appropriate for ourselves and / or our children would undoubtedly shop Earth Fare. We "health conscious buyers" don't just buy groceries, we "invest" in food that will keep us healthy; healthy for decades to come. We shop at The Villages Grown. We shop at Fresh Market. We will soon shop at Sprouts Farmers Market (aka Sprouts).

IMHO (in my humble opinion)
Anyone who would compare Publix* to Earth Fare for "healthy" foods is "lost." Anyone who would compare Winn Dixie to Earth Fare is hopelessly "lost."

Trader Joe's is an inexpensive chain carrying a lot of their own brand. They are popular because they are inexpensive. Aldi is an inexpensive, foreign chain. I believe that food quality is an "after thought" for those chains.

Fresh Market has really good food, but admittedly at a premium. They are my "go to" in TV for healthy foods. Sorry for overlooking the "local" mom and pop shops.

Whole Foods likely could not succeed with the current generation of residents in TV.

Why? I have increasingly come to believe that the preponderance of residents currently in TV simply does not realize that the healthy foods that they ate when young (and in the quantities that they consumed) was good, healthy food. What you buy in the grocery today is junk food, IMHO.

OMGosh, whenever I walk into a Publix (yes, they do carry some organic foods for which I am very thankful), the lines at the deli (processed foods) is disheartening.

I am like the writer who stated that he/she doesn't dine out often. I rarely dine out. Why? Think about the ingredients in the food that you are consuming What do you know about those ingredients? Is the meat 100% grass fed? Are the mashed potatoes made with organic potatoes? Is your asparagus organic? Is the water in your drink "clean?"

Am I overwhelming you yet?

Hold back when you've made your grocery purchase at your local Publix / Winn Dixie. I mean to just pause for a few minutes and look back at what people are buying. What is being rung up? Sodas, sweet teas, cereals, all with unbelievable amounts of sugar (and it is "unhealthy" sugar). Canned soups, frozen 'ready to warm' dishes with stunning quantities of sodium.

Out government must spend millions on educating the populace on what is and isn't healthy. Who listens?

Bottom Line
Strip down and look in a full length mirror. How do you look? Remember what you've been told for decades? You are what you eat.
Closed Thread

Tags
earth, fare, closing, surrounding, products

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.