Famous people you have met.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 06-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair Rael Furniture In House Repair is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Join Date: May 2012
Location: woodbury
Posts: 377
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default famous people

jeff bleustein chairman of the board harley-davidson was aa customer in my showroom
  #122  
Old 06-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Rael Furniture In House Repair Rael Furniture In House Repair is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Join Date: May 2012
Location: woodbury
Posts: 377
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default biker

i met jeff bleustein several times when he came into my furniture showroom. he is the past chairman of the board of harley-davidson motorcycles.
  #123  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
CaliforniaGirl CaliforniaGirl is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 221
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Met Jaclyn Smith while waiting for a flight from Las Vegas to Los Angeles that was delayed for 2 hours. Absolutely the most down-to-earth, nicest person you could ever hope to meet. Her biggest concern was getting her 12-year-old daughter home in time to get her homework done.
Got to meet David Copperfield (my secret crush) backstage at Ceasar's in Las Vegas - an anniversary present arranged by my husband, whose company transported all his show equipment all over the country. Probably the shyest person I've ever met - very unlike his stage persona.
Interviewed Lily Tomlin for my college newspaper - a real b***h.
  #124  
Old 06-04-2012, 05:43 PM
rirlam rirlam is offline
Member
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bonita
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Met Clint Eastwood and Sandra Locke at the Hogsbreath Inn (which he owned) in Carmel By The Sea. They and another couple came into the bar area and a buddy of mine and I moved over a couple of bar stools so the group could sit together. He was very gracious and thanked us several times for being courteous. Then another couple they knew came in, Clint got up from the bar stool and leaned against mine and me for the next twenty minutes or so until we left. He's bigger and heavier than he looks.

Also got to give Leonard Nemoy and entourage a tour of the ship as they scouted sites for Star Trek Four. Nice guy! The crew ate it up.
__________________
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is. Yogi Berra.
  #125  
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
skyguy79's Avatar
skyguy79 skyguy79 is offline
Eternal Member
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza
Posts: 5,576
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

I just remembered that back in 1968 or 69 while attending a CB Jamboree (anyone remember those) Tammy Wynett's career was just starting out and she was there giving out autographs. I got one with her picture, but it's long gone today! She passed away 14 years ago this past April.
__________________
ARE VILLAGERS OLD OR ARE THEY RECYCLED TEENAGERS
At my age rolling out of bed in the morning is easy.
Getting up off the floor is another story.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
  #126  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:19 PM
borjo's Avatar
borjo borjo is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 631
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

David Bromstead when he was playing pickleball with mom and dad here at Churchill then tootling around on the golf cart.
  #127  
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
A-4 Skyhawk A-4 Skyhawk is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gilchrist 210
Posts: 840
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Famous People

I was an air traffic controller on Midway Island in 1968 and met Bob Hope and Ann Margaret. Bob was nice. He let me swing his golf club. Ann, and the girls with her, The Gold Diggers I think, were really into themselves.
  #128  
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 PM
springfield springfield is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Springfield Illinois
Posts: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Dr. King, Chubby Checker, Stephen King, Michelle Obama

Way back in the 60s I went to a lecture by someone called Martin Luther King at Illinois Wesleyan. I didn't know much about the civil rights movement, it just wasn't on my radar. By the end of the evening, I was a different person. Years later, I think of that night and how close I was to this person who changed our society.
Many years later, in Springfield at Lincolnland Community College I danced the twist with Chubby Checker on stage..whoo hoo.
I met Stephen King and his wife walking their corkie on a beach near Siesta Key.
I also had the honor of meeting Michelle Obama at a luncheon long before Barrack Obama decided to run. I said after that luncheon, what a wonderful first lady she would be if he did decide to run.
That's it for my list of "famous" people. I think everyone is famous to someone, even if in a small way. We can only hope that we have touched the life of someone to make a difference.
  #129  
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,735
Thanks: 2,023
Thanked 543 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfield View Post
Way back in the 60s I went to a lecture by someone called Martin Luther King at Illinois Wesleyan. I didn't know much about the civil rights movement, it just wasn't on my radar. By the end of the evening, I was a different person. Years later, I think of that night and how close I was to this person who changed our society.
Many years later, in Springfield at Lincolnland Community College I danced the twist with Chubby Checker on stage..whoo hoo.
I met Stephen King and his wife walking their corkie on a beach near Siesta Key.
I also had the honor of meeting Michelle Obama at a luncheon long before Barrack Obama decided to run. I said after that luncheon, what a wonderful first lady she would be if he did decide to run.
That's it for my list of "famous" people. I think everyone is famous to someone, even if in a small way. We can only hope that we have touched the life of someone to make a difference.
What a beautiful sentiment.
  #130  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:05 AM
De Lis De Lis is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have met some stars and far too many politicians to remember (most of whom nauseatingly thought they were 'stars'!).

However, the person that will always stick in my mind was Simon Weisenthal. I did not meet him, but had the honor of listening to him give a speech. Never, ever have I felt so humbled to be in the same room with someone. That was 25++ years ago and I still feel the same when I think of it.
  #131  
Old 06-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,735
Thanks: 2,023
Thanked 543 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by De Lis View Post
I have met some stars and far too many politicians to remember (most of whom nauseatingly thought they were 'stars'!).

However, the person that will always stick in my mind was Simon Weisenthal. I did not meet him, but had the honor of listening to him give a speech. Never, ever have I felt so humbled to be in the same room with someone. That was 25++ years ago and I still feel the same when I think of it.
Simon Wiesenthal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There have been several Holocaust survivors who gives speeches at the Jewish Synagoue on CR101.
  #132  
Old 06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
De Lis De Lis is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 222
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks, T.725!
  #133  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
silvertoken silvertoken is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Saw retired General Omar Bradley in Heidelberg Germany, I went to school with his grandson and he brought him in for show and tell. He decribed many details of D-Day and mentioned why they never bomb and save Heidelberg during the war, because it was a very beautiful place, of course with the agreement they didnt bomb a particular place in London. His favorite joke at the time was: What did Hitler say when he saw his brand new baby? Hotzi totzi I got a brand new Natzi ! I guess it was funny at the time.
  #134  
Old 06-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Whatever Whatever is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Meeting up with....

PRESIDENT RICHARD M NIXON, NELSON D. ROCKERFELLER (VP), Comedian Arte Johnson, GEORGE H.W. BUSH, Val Kilmer, LBJ, Gov. Bill Richardson, NY Senator Al D'Amato, N.Y. Mayor Robert F. Wagner, Thurgood Marshal, Joe Dimaggio. Others whose names escape me for the moment. But that's to be expected once I moved to The Villages and the first thing to go is the memory.
  #135  
Old 06-07-2012, 02:52 PM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is online now
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 41,735
Thanks: 2,023
Thanked 543 Times in 382 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatever View Post
PRESIDENT RICHARD M NIXON, NELSON D. ROCKERFELLER (VP), Comedian Arte Johnson, GEORGE H.W. BUSH, Val Kilmer, LBJ, Gov. Bill Richardson, NY Senator Al D'Amato, N.Y. Mayor Robert F. Wagner, Thurgood Marshal, Joe Dimaggio. Others whose names escape me for the moment. But that's to be expected once I moved to The Villages and the first thing to go is the memory.

Impressive list of famous people met. I wonder if anyone on TOTV has met Gary Morse, Harold Schwartz, or any of the Morse family? http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/200...arold-schwartz
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:05 AM.