If you lived in Paris...

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 12:05 PM
Veteran member

This issue will begin to solve its self when true believers in the Muslim faith rise up against thugs using religion to feed their hatred of anyone.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:20 PM

I think it is better we entrust the handling of terror on the security apparatus because they had been trained properly.
The Villages Florida
Old 01-10-2015, 12:34 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. That is how we have lived our lives, most of us. Trying to work hard enough to buy property in low crime areas. But somehow this issue seems quite different to me.
Yes, it is quite different.

Nobody even mentions the innocent grandmother beheaded for working at her desk in a food packing plant in Oklahoma, a quiet, heartland place that most of the pandering "leaders" and media stooges probably couldn't point to on a map of the USA.

The demonic creature that beheaded the woman and slashed the face and throat of another woman gave plenty of warning of his islamic terror appetite in advance, such as this:

Alton Nolen's Facebook Page Depicted Beheading a Month Before Release from Probation - Breitbart

He was fed his diabolical terrorist indoctrination brew at this mosque:

Muslim Whistleblower: Alton Nolen's Mosque Taught Hatred

The killing was stopped only when this armed, prepared company executive/deputy sheriff shot the devil:

Hero Cop Who Shot Okla. Beheading Suspect Was Also Company Exec - ABC News

Old 01-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
What would you think of the US position on terror?
How would you protect yourself, your family?
Would you want to be armed?
First, I would not live in Paris. I have been there and would not want to live there.

I would not be armed as it is so difficult to obtain a legal gun and the penalty for illegal gun posession is high.

I would not be scared to live in Paris anymore than in New York City, Washington DC, or Minneapolis. Just that I would take Minneapolis is a personal choice.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles42 View Post
This issue will begin to solve its self when true believers in the Muslim faith rise up against thugs using religion to feed their hatred of anyone.
Probably never happen since it hasn't happened all these years since 9/11. All these peaceful Muslims we hear about won't say one negative thing against terrorism.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Probably never happen since it hasn't happened all these years since 9/11. All these peaceful Muslims we hear about won't say one negative thing against terrorism.

Exactly, because they know their wives and children will be tortured, raped and executed with the husband forced to watch, or the dissenting adults' heads will be sawed off in public.

Then it will be termed by our "officials" as simple "workplace violence", while we wait for the next bloodbath simultaneously across the country.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:38 AM
Sage
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
I have worked both in Manhattan and Paris and there is little difference between the two. You are just as safe, if you follow good saftety rules in both cities. Of course if you run a paper that blasts the Muslim's (not that it is wrong to express free speech) you will have a greater risk than a person working in a shop. I have often heard people say they don't want to go to one city or another because of risk, crime, etc. In reality one city is not different than the other. In some cases one city may have a different kind of crime than another, As an example in Europe there are more non violent crimes like pick pockets than in the US where there is more violent crimes. Spain is quite known for pick pockets as is Rome. It is interesting that of all the time I have spent in Europe the on City I would never have suspected of being a risk, was. I am speaking of Luzern, Switzerland. We had a pickpocket follow us through the city until I frightened him away. Net of all of this is that no one should be afraid to visit a city BUT and it's a big BUT that does not mean that in any ciity somone should drop their awareness of what is around them and if there is any kind of a risk. One last point. In each city there is a section that would probably not be safe to go into. This includes NY City, Paris, Rome, London, etc.etc. As the old time Comic use to say, "If it hurts to do it, don't do it" same applies to these sections. "If it hurts to go there don't go there".

TRULY EXCELLENT POST......

I've heard both good & bad things about Paris, France from my family who have lived there post World War II up to the present time, to our local Schwan's delivery guy who thought Paris was filthy & crime ridden. He was shocked by the amount of rodents in the Paris sewers as well as the rodents in the Venice, Italy canals. We have friends who moved to The Netherlands who have told me about the rodents in their canals plus on the houseboats on which some people reside. Otherwise, it is charming & picturesque, quaint, etc.

It depends on what section you choose to live in or visit.
Same for any country or city.

My father's cousin, while in the U.S. Army during the end of World War II (born in Brooklyn New York), met & fell in love with a gorgeous young lady from Monaco......who happened to be working in Paris. She was born in the principality of Monaco.

Long story short, after the war ended.... they married in a beautiful cathedral in Paris.......gorgeous wedding photos.......remaining in Paris France to raise their five children as that was her desire.

In the beginning, the young couple would take an ocean voyage to bring back their first baby to see my great uncle & great aunt in Brooklyn......plus my grandmother in New York City.

I have the ship's manifest for two such "crossings".....

In later years, they flew "home" once a year with the rest of the children.

While researching my genealogy early on (12 years ago) I was contacted by one of their children who now lived in San Mateo, California.......his sister lived in Hawaii.....while the other three remained in Paris to care for their aging mom (over the years) who has since passed on.........so now another son lives in the U.S. while the "girls" are still in Paris.

Any photos I've seen are all beautiful. Just depends.

A city is a city. Any large populated area will have crime.

You are right to mention the pickpockets. When our children went to Spain & Greece, they mentioned the pickpockets......

Our son traveled all over Europe, Asia......as well as Peru, etc., etc. etc. & always came home safely. Mexico City as well. Thank God.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygilchrist View Post
What would you think of the US position on terror?
How would you protect yourself, your family?
Would you want to be armed?

Interested in responses to Kitty's question.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:42 AM
Gold member

Parisians are probably thinking "the USA is absent from this solidarity march of presidents and prime ministers who are against Islamist and Al Qaeda terrorists".

The Villages Florida
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	46948  
Old 01-11-2015, 11:17 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
Parisians are probably thinking "the USA is absent from this solidarity march of presidents and prime ministers who are against Islamist and Al Qaeda terrorists".

The Villages Florida
U.S. President= A.W.O.L My suspiciom is that this will be part of his legacy that will be revisited for many many years.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Answer Questions

1. Any answer on US position would involve a political response and that has been determined to be out of line for TOTV's. (which I agree with).
2. I think my note described how I would protect my family if I lived in one of these large world cities. I would avoid living in their "hood" type sections and
always be aware of my surroundings. The descretion I would use would depend on the section I was in. In NY City there was alway the 3 do's/don'ts. (a) Mind your business and don't get involved in someone elses, (b) If something is going down ignore it and (c) if the street looks bad it probably is and don't go down it. These are just as good in Rome, Paris, London, Amsterdam, etc.etc.
3. Personal question which should not be announced
Old 01-11-2015, 11:26 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
U.S. President= A.W.O.L My suspiciom is that this will be part of his legacy that will be revisited for many many years.
Anybody that knows anything knows that a US presidential visit requires weeks, sometimes months, of planning and can be very disruptive to a city or country. Instead of attending today's gathering of world leaders, President Obama has announced a summit will be held in DC on February 18. Paris is just too unsafe at this time. Attorney General Eric Holder is attending as the representative of the US. Make of it what you will.
Old 01-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Anybody that knows anything knows that a US presidential visit requires weeks, sometimes months, of planning and can be very disruptive to a city or country. Instead of attending today's gathering of world leaders, President Obama has announced a summit will be held in DC on February 18. Paris is just too unsafe at this time. Attorney General Eric Holder is attending as the representative of the US. Make of it what you will.
And yet we've seen the presidential entourage and security detail pivot on a dime to attend a $15,000 per person campaign fundraiser hosted by a twit.

Gwyneth Paltrow to Obama: ‘You
Old 01-11-2015, 11:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
Chancellor of Germany, Leader of the Palistenian Authority, King of Jordan,Prime Minister of Isreal, Prime Minister of Great Britain, Heads of state from many many more.

Our president is concerned about optics. This one will haunt him for a long time. IMVHO
Old 01-11-2015, 11:48 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyatlast View Post
And yet we've seen the presidential entourage and security detail pivot on a dime to attend a $15,000 per person campaign fundraiser hosted by a twit.

Gwyneth Paltrow to Obama: ‘You
Very interesting article, but there is not one word in there that states that it was a last minute arrangement or a "pivot on a dime" to use your words. And what does this fund raiser possibly have to do with what is going on in Paris right now?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.