Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Time for a reminder of what this thread is about:

Attachment 53797
Old 08-02-2015, 10:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shcisamax View Post
In some ways we may have gone overboard on our pets and there are times we need to let them go, just as we do with humans. However, some humans have begun to recognize their opposing thumb and larger brain do not necessarily make them more deserving of life than other species. I think it is a very healthy discussion to have as to whether trophy hunting smacks of something truly ugly and something grotesque within those that feel joy from stalking another living thing, killing it, beheading and skinning it and displaying your kill in your home.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:00 AM
Sage

The Villages Florida

Thanks for the reminder Chi-Town.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Dogs are great emotional companions for people and often keep the family's involved on a very even keel.

As to helping the homeless, empathy with them would be paramount in helping them out. There has been a retired Navy man and former Orlando area teacher who lives among the homeless in various communities and then blogs, videos, etc, about the problems they have with finding jobs, dealing with authorities, fighting prejudices, etc. His work is very eye-opening . Walk a Mile in Their Shoes | A 24 Hour Crash Course on Homelessness News and Media | Walk a Mile in Their Shoes https://www.facebook.com/hungryandhomeless

Some homeless also have their animals along so that they can cope with their difficult lives.
Good points, thank you.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:23 PM
Veteran member

I have read different reports on how this was being felt in Zimbabwe. First I read that they did not care the Cecil the Lion was killed, that a Human women was killed by a lion in same park who climbed in the window of here car. The other that the money earned could feed 10,000 people.

If you have not seen "Out of Africa" yet, I suggest you watch it. Very good movie.
Old 08-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Sage

\\\\\\

Last edited by tomwed; 08-02-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:18 AM

All of you out there who are against killing of wild animals would not think that way if they had someone in their lives who was killed by one of them. Had a deer jump in front of a car and killed a relative of mine. The deer came through the windshield. I'm all for hunting of the wild game.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Sage

My car has been hit by a deer also or I hit the deer. It is frightening. I am sorry about your relative. As upsetting as it was, I am sure you realize it was an accident and that the deer didn't intentionally kill someone.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
All of you out there who are against killing of wild animals would not think that way if they had someone in their lives who was killed by one of them. Had a deer jump in front of a car and killed a relative of mine. The deer came through the windshield. I'm all for hunting of the wild game.
Ir you were a Packers fan November would be a big month for you. It's a deer hunting frenzy and big business in Wisconsin. But that has the purpose of thinning a way overpopulated species that suffers at high numbers and also puts meat on the table as venison is a popular dish there. The killing of Cecil does not equate.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:58 AM
Gold member

I personally don't like hunting, but I grew up in an area where hunting was the norm. But you ate what you killed and you didn't lure your prey. And going on these big hunts to kill animals that are just for trophies is so wrong. There are so few lions left in the world. It should be against the law to hunt them.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

A friend of mine who looks like the Rambo type of guy would go to Africa to kill troubled/problem big game animals. This particular African country would allow him to shoot one of these animals after he spent so many weeks patrolling the wilds looking for poachers. In years past, the rumor of an American hunter in the area would keep poachers at bay. He could tell some very interesting true stories about his adventures in Africa that were as entertaining as any Rambo movie.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:11 AM
Default Oops!!!

Poor Gary!

lion-667x800-jpg

Looks as though Cecil was a murderer...Poor Gary! He left a wife and children. Gazelle Lives Matter!
Old 08-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Poor Gary!

Attachment 53825

Looks as though Cecil was a murderer...Poor Gary! He left a wife and children. Gazelle Lives Matter!
Definitely can't compare the food chain of life to someone who lures an animal out of a protected area to kill for the thrill.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
Poor Gary!

Did Cecil have a collection of trophy heads on the walls of his den???

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Old 08-03-2015, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Definitely can't compare the food chain of life to someone who lures an animal out of a protected area to kill for the thrill.
This guy's already been convicted by the press and PETA nuts. His side of the story is that his professional African guides and the African landowner assured him the kill was legal. No one's interested in his side, and I doubt he will get a fair trial. The fact that Obama may intercede on Zimbabwe's behalf and effect extradition of an American citizen is extreme and unconscionable.

And how about the innocent Wisconsin dentist who is unfortunate enough to have the same name , who has been harassed and his family threatened by the same "animal lovers" heading up the lynch mob. He will be destroyed by proxy. It's out of control.

Tags
business, years, hunting, lion, kills, back, dove, hunt, draw, wrong, gator, mississippi, quail, duck, dentist, twenties, cousins, softie, deer, rabbit, turkey, squirrel, sorta, ago, webserver

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.