Someone is using my name Gracie Girl on another forum.

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Someone just sent me a message and said that I was being impersonated on another board (Topix). When I followed the link he sent I read a lot from people who obviously do not like me at all and some who hate me and I am so very hurt.

I am so sorry that well. I just don't know what to say.

I have so enjoyed this board, but to read what some say about my Helene is too much.

To those of you who know I love you. I'll be signing off here. You know where to find me and how to contact me.

And as for my impersonator. I know only one person from this board from Birmingham. You know who you are too.

I am so sorry that so many feel so
Don't leave Gracie Girl I have always enjoyed your comments and your humor. You have a lot of good information to share with us that are coming but have not arrived yet at TV.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Default someone is using my name Gracie Girl on another forum

I never heard of that forum and looked at it. I was really surprised at some of those posts, not just about Gracie but others. I do not understand what makes people do that why would you say such mean things about people. I have never met anyone in person on totv but look forward at some point in the evening to catch up . For instance there has been a person that said shes from Utah and moving here in Feb. We help each other if someone has a question. I feel so bad for Gracie when she mentioned they said something about her daughter well you do NOT mess with anyones children. I will not go back to read that other site as I only want nice things in my life, not negative. My best to Gracie and all the others that were talked about, you are the better people.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:33 PM
Location: Manhattan, the Bronx, Eastern LI, Village of Woodbury

Gracie, I am late in posting on this very important thread because I am steaming. Please do not let these mentally ill anger driven little no bodies cause you to leave. Indeed, as has been said, they are cockroaches and cowards and definitely mentally ill. Too bad for them.

Not us. We are blessed with you. I read, enjoyed and learned from your posts long before I became a resident of TV.

I really like Indy's ideas of approaching the advertisers of the roach motel forum and let them know we do not shop at places that support and/or give free rein to hateful posts.

Gracie, you are a class act and a down to earth person. I am sorry for your justified upset, but you are so much more of a human being than those "Mean Girls" rejects and
sad little twerps with mommy issues.
Old 02-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Stay

Hi Gracie..As my notes have demonstrated I don't agree with you on some things such as your total support for the Developer but I honestly respect your right to voice and hold your opinioins. Bringing up any mentions of childrens shows how low some people can get and to allow them any control over your life is wrong. The world is made up of some very hurtful, angry and potentially sick people and that will always be the case. We cannot allow them to gain any control over our lives. As you certaintly know you have the right to be really angry with them but to do anything as a result of what they say is to allow them to have some control over your life. Don't do it.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:22 PM

Just learned about this....
Gracie, I love you and have always enjoyed reading your comments on this site. I support whatever you decide to do in response to this dreadfully ugly situation.
Peace and all good to you.

Richard
Old 02-07-2014, 12:05 AM

Don't go we enjoy your comments
Don't let them win
Old 02-07-2014, 12:15 AM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

Looked at the site - what a bunch of trash. If TOTV ever got to be like that....I'd be gone-in-a-flash. I live by the code "if you don't have something nice to say about a person, don't say anything at all. In my long life, I probably have not met 5 persons that I could not find something nice to say about them. We talk on TOTV about how the world is changing and the country is "going to hell in a handbasket". This TOPIX is a perfect example of it in our own community. GG has a right to be offended - I was and I wasn't even mentioned. Sad to see what some people are turning in to.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 02-07-2014, 05:19 AM
Veteran member

Got up this morning and YUP, I'm still angry. Can't we get together with some pitchforks and go after somebody? The anonymity of the internet is frightening, whispers out of the dark by people we don't know. Those of you who are causing this distress surely will rethink your actions after seeing the result. Right?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Got up this morning and YUP, I'm still angry. Can't we get together with some pitchforks and go after somebody? The anonymity of the internet is frightening, whispers out of the dark by people we don't know. Those of you who are causing this distress surely will rethink your actions after seeing the result. Right?
We can all take notice and Be thankful that TOTV is no longer like that. Sites without proper monitoring of personal attacks are doomed to that fate. Like The Villages as a community, TOTV as a communication web site can be held up as an example of the right way to operate. This thread drives home the message of how wonderful we have it in Florida's friendliest home town.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Gold member

Gracie did not have a trademark on "Gracie Girl" - it could be someone else how called themselves Gracie or Gracie Girl.... Gracie was one of the posters who always said that some people hind behind anonymity - well i for one am glad i do not give out my read name or phone # - there could be some mean and vicious people out there - So for all of the posters who wanted more transparency and you know who you are --- good luck --- this could happen to anyone of us --- Gracie is gone -- lets move on -- she will find another way to keep in touch with here friends. - IM - facebook -twitter - etc She was truly a kind hearted person. Maybe too kind
Old 02-07-2014, 09:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

What I find amazing is how this thread in particular has united so many TOTVer's - even many who often disagree. I think that is a testament to Gracie herself and what her presence provides to this forum. We may disagree on some things, but we all agree that Gracie has been of great value to this forum. Hope you are back soon, Gracie! We need you here!
Old 02-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
What I find amazing is how this thread in particular has united so many TOTVer's - even many who often disagree. I think that is a testament to Gracie herself and what her presence provides to this forum. We may disagree on some things, but we all agree that Gracie has been of great value to this forum. Hope you are back soon, Gracie! We need you here!
Very good eye..... Very few negative try's to turn the praise of Gracie sour, but overwhelmingly positive in support of a great lady. Ya just cannot post as many times as GG without catching the attention of a trouble maker.

P.S. Don't make all of us drive over to your house and shake you out in the open. We miss you and want you back.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to babbs455

I think it is sad that there are so many people out here who still think they are in grade school.. this is nothing more than bullying at it's finest...If you don't like her...then don't read her posts plain and simple. Love thy neighbor as yourself..it's a Christian thing...seems to me that there are some ugly people out here who have so much time on their hands and mouths perhaps they should put it to better use......It's pitiful what I have read!!! get a life...oh wait perhaps this is your life??? #STOPBEINGABULLYNOW
Old 02-07-2014, 09:24 AM
Platinum member

Say good night, Gracie.

That which does not destroy you, makes you stronger- Nietzsche
Old 02-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,176 Times in 442 Posts
Default Oh Gracie girl...

As Self-appointed President of the Gracie "fan club", I'm putting on my boxing gloves, , there I feel better, how about you!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.