Someone is using my name Gracie Girl on another forum.

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 07:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Here is a scary thing. Today I googled my user name and saw everything I have ever posted on this site and other sites where I use this user name. A little scary. Google your user name name and see how many pages of your thoughts and comments come up.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

Gracie, I can only hope you are still reading, if not posting and you can see how very much loved you are. People don't want you to leave. I have never seen this site or read the awful things people have said about you or in your name, but I am so sorry that happened to you. It's never easy to be the victim of that kind of awful bullying. Please think of those you have helped (and you know you helped me personally and I am so grateful for that) and how much we rely on your level head and sense of humor to keep a topic real. Please do what you need to but ultimately don't leave us here alone. We DO love you and don't want to see you go. You have made a huge impact on many lives and would be sadly missed by so many. Hugs and more hugs.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Gold member

I feel bad enough --- please close this thread
Old 02-06-2014, 08:07 PM
Default Topix

Is all this about TOPIX,lol!!! That forum is known for racism, defamation and hate on every level. You don't go there unless you are up for some vicious cyber bullying. People have lost jobs, had their professional and personal reputations ruined by various TOPIX forums. Best advice, don't go there, EVER! There have been plenty of efforts to have TOPIX censored. Unfortunately they have been protected up to this point by speech freedoms. Gracie, you are one of thousands who have been hurt by this forum. Do some research on the TOPIX forums of which there are thousands. You will learn a lot and find out that the attack might feel personal but it's just par for the course in the TOPIX world. Rest a bit and let your wounds heal then come back to the people who appreciate you and stay OFF topix!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Platinum member

Half the people who are reading this thread have gone on to Topex to see what its all about. What we are doing is advertising this #%^*#} site. I never heard of Topex before. Publicity whether it be good or bad is great advertising for the site. Gracie, kiddo. I know these impostors are the scum of the earth. Dont let them get the best of you .
Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
Here is a scary thing. Today I googled my user name and saw everything I have ever posted on this site and other sites where I use this user name. A little scary. Google your user name name and see how many pages of your thoughts and comments come up.
OMG I am stunned!!!! This is scary! Thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Those that put their phone numbers in their posts must know that post is out there in the internet forever and a reverse index will link that phone number to an address and/or name. Anybody who wants to put a phone number in their classified ad should first get a google voice number. That number can then forward to your home or cell without revealing to the caller your private numbers.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
Those that put their phone numbers in their posts must know that post is out there in the internet forever and a reverse index will link that phone number to an address and/or name. Anybody who wants to put a phone number in their classified ad should first get a google voice number. That number can then forward to your home or cell without revealing to the caller your private numbers.
Excellent point about Google Voice, additionally, it is free, and calls to it can be blocked easily. Many advantages to GV.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:11 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in TV View Post
Excellent point about Google Voice, additionally, it is free, and calls to it can be blocked easily. Many advantages to GV.

Thanks so much for this helpful information!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:14 PM

I commented before just like loriann suggested. Nobody goes to that site and if they do keep whatever you read to yourself and don't mention it to anyone. They are just trouble makers if no one goes too that site and just communicate with our own group we probably wouldn't have this problem now and that would really tick them off because nobody would pay attention.

Easy done stay off their site and it's all over
Old 02-06-2014, 09:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
If you want really scary, google your real name or google your telephone number.

You might be amazed to find all the places you are mentioned on the Internet.

You might also find how easy it is to identify you and where you live if someone knows your phone number.

Old 02-06-2014, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Gracie, let me add my support for all the good you do on this forum. You are a very valuable member of the TOTV community. Your friends postings on the sixteen pages before my post show the wide acceptance and affection the people of TOTV have for you. Hang in there.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 PM
Location: Lived in Chatham for 3 years. Moved to Mira Mesa in 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
Gracie, I've seen posts by you....or thought was you....on the villages news. I haven't looked lately, but never saw anything nasty printed. Anyone here on TOTV that knows you...know that you don't post anything hurtful or nasty. I am so sorry if anyone is posting negative comments about Helene. Please don't leave TOTV. This forum would never be the same without Graciegirl. We that know you, love you!
Gracie, I too have seen posts I thought were yours on the village news. Up until I last read it a few days ago I had not seen anything hurtful that was attributed to you or said about you. You always say the nicest things in the nicest way. I know I will miss your deep insight and knowledge on this sight. So many have gained so much from you. It takes time to recover from being badly hurt but please reconsider coming back to this site.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:37 PM

Gracie, you have contributed so much - just say yes to returning to the TOTV forum.

Last edited by Lark7; 02-06-2014 at 09:39 PM. Reason: sp
Old 02-06-2014, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Depends on how unique your name is. You have to search through hits like Gustavo Dudamel etc. before my stuff comes up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.