Thinking and caring about the people from Manchester.

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Thinking and caring about the people from Manchester.

So frightening and sad to hear of another terrorist attack.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
So frightening and sad to hear of another terrorist attack.
They have been going on since 1867. Terrorism in Europe - Wikipedia

Clerkenwell explosion - Wikipedia

2017 Manchester Arena incident - Wikipedia
Old 05-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,921 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
The recent ones caused by Islamic Terrorists are the ones that worry most of us at this time.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
This doesn't make it any less horrific and tragic! Praying for their families and friends (and country as well)!!!
Old 05-23-2017, 12:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
This doesn't make it any less horrific and tragic! Praying for their families and friends (and country as well)!!!
Of course it does not mean it anything like that. Very scary indeed but man's inhumanity to man is nothing new. It is as old as the Old Testament or Homer's tales of the fall of Troy and its aftermath. The weapons have just become more and more destructive. I have a grand niece that is about the same age as many of the girls as at that Ariana Grande concert.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Sage
Default Very sad

Most of Ariana Grande's fan base are teens and pre-teens, so imagine what the events of yesterday have done to their world view.

When I think about how much life has changed in the 40+ years since I was a teenager...I never worried about a classmate bringing a weapon to school and using it on the students. I never thought twice about going to a concert or sporting event and worrying about a suicide bomber wrecking havoc on attendees. A passenger could walk onto an airplane without going through security, etc., etc.

Thirty years from now when my 3 nieces are in their 40's and 50's, what will their world be like?
Old 05-23-2017, 04:19 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Life Happens. Really!

Schamburger my thoughts also every time something like this happens.

I wonder why if our politicians, educators, law enforcement, clergy, parents, etc are doing so well then how is it then that schools have to have metal detectors, or that authorities admitted that the vast majority of working people would fail a drug test .

We have been living this awful way for so long, as reflect in our art entertainment and we have become accustom to it as being normal. And the saddest part about it all is that we are doing it to ourselves
Old 05-23-2017, 04:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Schamburger my thoughts also every time something like this happens.

I wonder why if our politicians, educators, law enforcement, clergy, parents, etc are doing so well then how is it then that schools have to have metal detectors, or that authorities admitted that the vast majority of working people would fail a drug test .

We have been living this awful way for so long, as reflect in our art entertainment and we have become accustom to it as being normal. And the saddest part about it all is that we are doing it to ourselves
So true. You and Schamburger are absolutely right.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:13 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I hate the world my grandson is growing up in. It is violent and mean-spirited. Kindness and basic decency just seem to be words spoken, but rarely deeds witnessed. Finding a wallet with money in it and returning it to the owner is something that has to be reported in the news rather than something taken for granted. Children killing children is an everyday occurrence. Racial hatred and bigotry is escalating. The best we can do is lead by example. Show our children and grandchildren that violence does no good, that kindness can make a difference, that honesty does matter. I don't know how we can change the world, but I do know that hating and fearing only make things worse. I hope and pray that we can find a way to come together.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-23-2017, 05:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I hate the world my grandson is growing up in. It is violent and mean-spirited. Kindness and basic decency just seem to be words spoken, but rarely deeds witnessed. Finding a wallet with money in it and returning it to the owner is something that has to be reported in the news rather than something taken for granted. Children killing children is an everyday occurrence. Racial hatred and bigotry is escalating. The best we can do is lead by example. Show our children and grandchildren that violence does no good, that kindness can make a difference, that honesty does matter. I don't know how we can change the world, but I do know that hating and fearing only make things worse. I hope and pray that we can find a way to come together.
Manchester Arena: Theresa May says police know identity of bomber who killed 22– latest | UK news | The Guardian

As usual very well put Redwitch. The Bible and the life of Jesus Christ should be an inspiration of how to treat other people. There was incredible evil in his time as well. But, he stood above it.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:52 AM
Sage
Default Knowing

Saddest part about this attack is that the FBI had a "heads up" that there could be an attack at this concert and did nothing to prevent it. Seems they have a lot of blood on their hands.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Saddest part about this attack is that the FBI had a "heads up" that there could be an attack at this concert and did nothing to prevent it. Seems they have a lot of blood on their hands.
Would that not be Interpol on some other European police problem though? I am sure that the FBI would have shared such information?

I do hate it when the terrorists take over another normal place of business or fun and turn it into a place of post traumatic stress for many people. ISIS has taken credit for this attack.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Sage

Some people will always try to use history to justify bad behavior.

Others see it for what it is.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post

It's hard to comprehend the hate that it takes to kill young kids and my heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.
Old 05-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

It's hard to comprehend the hate that it takes to kill young kids and my heart goes out to all of the victims and their families.
And these victims/survivors are never going to experience life in the same way every again because of the evil of this one man and whoever helped him or drove him to do such a despicable act.
Closed Thread

Tags
hear, sad, attack, terrorist, frightening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.