Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Default Who is the governing authority on Lake Sumter/Cherry Lake%

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
No, I was NOT trying to "stir the pot".
I see Dragon boats on the lake.
I see sail boats on the lake.
I see a boat launching ramp next to the hotel.
I DON'T see any "No Trespassing" signs at the lake.

If I wanted to launch my canoe or kayak on the lake, who would I contact for permission. What about jet skis, row boats with outboard motors, etc.?

I imagine law enforcement on the lake would come under the jurisdiction on the FWC, or the Sumter County Sheriff.

Thanks for all the comments, and thanks Gracie, for the kind words.
I was under the impression that any body of water adjacent to or connecting to a public right of way could be accessed and used legally. Apparently I'm wrong or was just intimidated. A bud and I put my canoe on the lake using the hotel boat ramp, we made it down to Cody's when the "Crusise boat" personnel asked to see our permit and if we did not have one we were trespassing and must leave. We left and then I went to the Rec center and asked for a permit. Was told to forget it as no permits were being given out. It would be a beautifully canoe or kayak facility that many of us could enjoy. Too bad many of the post on this subject missed the objective of the original post.
Old 03-22-2015, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
The " Charlestown Chiefs " from the Federal League . They are playing out their final season in PA.
In fact they just made the final round of the playoffs and are facing the Syracuse Bulldogs !

Unfortunately the Bulldogs have called up several questionable players from " The Iron League " . This includes Tim " The Hook " Mc Craken , Clarence " Screaming Buffalo" Swamptown , and the previously banned for life " Ogie " Ogilthorpe ". So it`s going to be a tough series for The Chiefs who have several injured players .

Today`s Charlestown News features an article by long time sportswriter Dickie Dunn that the Chiefs will be moving to Florida after this season . According to Dunn the team will be relocating very close to a very large retirement community in Central Florida . This news from such a credible source has of course led to speculation that the Chiefs will be moving close to the Villages .

If they move here they will have to change their names. To the "ole timers". ::
Old 03-23-2015, 02:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplars View Post
I was under the impression that any body of water adjacent to or connecting to a public right of way could be accessed and used legally. Apparently I'm wrong or was just intimidated. A bud and I put my canoe on the lake using the hotel boat ramp, we made it down to Cody's when the "Crusise boat" personnel asked to see our permit and if we did not have one we were trespassing and must leave. We left and then I went to the Rec center and asked for a permit. Was told to forget it as no permits were being given out. It would be a beautifully canoe or kayak facility that many of us could enjoy. Too bad many of the post on this subject missed the objective of the original post.
I think I would have taken a wide berth around the cruise boat, or just said thank you and continued on my way. If it's not posted then you're not guilty of trespassing. And you're right, many missed the objective or just figured it was OK to hijack the post.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 03-23-2015, 02:48 PM

Who owns the lake?

who owns the land that is supposedly shifting under the Lake Sumter bridge and needs to be repaired.

Sumter Landing Community Development is the governmental authority according to the tax records.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.