Why I Luv Southwest Airlines

Why I Luv Southwest Airlines

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1941 View Post
They raised the early bird check in to $25 but it is worth it.....I got A56 last trip.....)
We learned that B1 is better than A1 through A60. Once the A's board they let all the families with kids board before the B's (and there are always lots of kids going to Orlando/Disney). We have boarded with an A# thinking we got a great seat, only to find we were about to be surrounded by screaming kids with the one kid sitting right behind you kicking the back of your seat the whole flight. With a low B#, there are still plenty of aisle and window seats available to choose from and you can usually find a seat in a kid free zone and enjoy a much more peaceful flight.

Boarding
Old 01-06-2019, 09:53 AM
Sage

Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Default Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
We like southwest also, many great things about the airline. The only thing we don't like is the boarding process. We like to be able to book our seats when making a reservation and be done with it. I hate having to log on 24 hours before the flight and get our boarding number. How many times have I had to tell my golf partners I have to step aside and have them wait while I get on my I-Phone to be sure we get a decent boarding number? That is a pain in the A$$.
You are spot on about boarding on SW. It is a pain...
Old 01-06-2019, 10:06 AM

We have flown SW for years, but things are changing. The latest scam is passengers who book one early bird and then save seats for the rest of their group. We also call it the miracle airline, because most of the wheel chair passengers boarding first, without having to show any doctors notes, are usually the first to run off the plane to get their luggage. A miracle!( I apologize to people who really need a wheel chair) We also don't like their pet policy. Too many dogs, cats etc on board and not in carriers. I love animals, but not in planes or restaurants. Nothing like watching a dog take a .... while eating. Time to stop the madness. Sorry, Just my opinion!
Old 01-06-2019, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
We have flown SW for years, but things are changing. The latest scam is passengers who book one early bird and then save seats for the rest of their group. We also call it the miracle airline, because most of the wheel chair passengers boarding first, without having to show any doctors notes, are usually the first to run off the plane to get their luggage. A miracle!( I apologize to people who really need a wheel chair) We also don't like their pet policy. Too many dogs, cats etc on board and not in carriers. I love animals, but not in planes or restaurants. Nothing like watching a dog take a .... while eating. Time to stop the madness. Sorry, Just my opinion!
Yes, have to agree with you on this one. We have watched people leave their wheel chairs and come back loaded down with food and wait to be boarded first. The REAL PROBLEM with this is that the public lose respect and regard for the people who really do need to be in chairs to navigate through this world. But, there will always be nasty people who take advantage of the disadvantaged.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-06-2019, 10:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1941 View Post
They raised the early bird check in to $25 but it is worth it.....I got A56 last trip.....)
I did it 2 days ago for $15.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
You're right. They lowered the price.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:17 AM
Veteran member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
What boarding # did you get? I am flying SW tomorrow to Orlando.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:22 PM
Gold member

We also LUV Southwest! All of the negative things people said I have observed, but for us flying to Providence the positives out weigh negatives. We watch all passengers in boarding area, decide who is coughing their head off, has hyper fidgety kids, who have dog and cat carriers, etc.....then we avoid sitting near them. Yes, I would love to always get an A boarding pass, but low Bs are perfect too. On our last flight the plane had brand new seats that were much roomier.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:44 PM
Sage

We fly to smaller airports so our first choice is Allegiant....SW is our second. Aren't most airlines going to online check-in? Standing in line at ticket counters for seat assignments is a pain.....Allegiant also has Kiosk service for baggage check in which is quicker but assume other airlines do the same thing.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-06-2019, 02:31 PM
Platinum member

I hate Southwest, and all other airlines. Why not just price each seat and sell them the way concert tickets are sold? I think the whole process is hogwash.

Last edited by retiredguy123; 01-06-2019 at 02:49 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
seat, southwest, bin, completely, choose