Fox News, The NRA Totally blind

Old 06-20-2015, 04:50 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The killer is clearly racist, a twisted minded wacko. He does not represent all racists!
Racism does exist in America. The killer in no way represents that racism. He is an isolated example.

The incident or the individual does define racism in America........only an isolated twisted, druggie.

The generalization based on an isolated individual is not applicable....however that is too often how these incidents are portrayed only to suit an agenda.
Sarcasm, I hope?
Old 06-20-2015, 06:17 PM
n/a

Quote:
Racism, this is about racism and the inability of those on the right, its news outlet and its leaders to be able to say clearly and without ambiguity that this particular killing of 9 black people was motivated by racism. Why are you on the right so afraid to acknowledge the existence of racism? Why do you deflect and ignore the only real motivation that existed in this event. Why didn't Governor Haley or Senator Graham or the other right wing leaders have the wisdom to simply say "This was a racist act by a racist?" No, instead they suggested it was anti-Christian, or we can never understand such things. Funny, but when a Muslim kills we don't hear about mental illness or gun control or poor parenting like so many posters here have said. No, we correctly hear about an evil ideology which is supported by evil institutions. Racism is the ideology in this particular slaughter, the killer announced his reasons loud and clear and that was very early in the news cycle. And as the original poster I can tell you I did not see this on the Huffington website which I rarely read. So you are wrong, wrong about another thing you seem to be so certain of knowing.
You are correct this terrible loss of real good people was clearly racism. But to have an honest, meaningful dialog about racism we have to bring black, violent crime into the discussion. I'm from a very white state and don't believe I'm racist but I am blown away by the amount of black crime in my new state and think it impacts my thinking. The flood of easy to obtain firearms in this country just adds to the problem. But again those were real decent people who died at the hands of that ignorant, terribly misguided young man.
Old 06-21-2015, 12:52 PM
n/a

Quote:
I must leave anyway...Fathers day guests have arrived but wanted to say this...

You always feel personally attacked and dismiss what you say, or have said as if it never occurred. When you attack, expect people to come back at you.

But most of all.....everything in this world is NOT a political divide. You seem to want to pigeon hole all of us, tag us with a label. I guess that makes it easy for you, but it will cause folks to get into your face, but you never seem to recall what you said to prompt it.

I, and others take great offense to you generalizations about people. Life is not that simple, and as I look at my lovely daughter, I am reminded how she once said one of the biggest lessons I taught her was, that things are not as simple as you think, so listen.

And I pass that to you. Listen and learn before you condemn people or groups of people, because over time I have been subject to a few of those, and not one was correct.
I really like this. Sounds like you were a great father........Happy Father's Day to you and all the other fathers on here!
Old 06-22-2015, 10:51 AM
n/a

Yes, you are spot on. This was a failure of whatever family and friends he might have had to act. Anyone who chooses to politicize this should be ashamed.

Quote:
The killer represents mental illness and what happens when left unchecked.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:53 PM
n/a

The kids today listen to rap music with the n-word repeatedly in it, why.

How do you explain to your 12 year old white son that at the school bus stop it's OK for all of the black kids to call each other the n-word and call him a honkey, but if he even says the n-word he will be labeled a racist for the rest of his life, have his life threatened and be afraid to leave the house.

That's the part about racism that gets left out of the news.

Then we get a 21 year old boy that hates blacks and we just don't know why!

Tags
church, christians, black, killed, race, racism, act, understand, motivated, kill, man, guns, government, people, candidate, gop, white, murder, time, president, members, news, victims, fixed, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.