Racism, Trump & Evangelicals

Old 08-25-2017, 10:48 PM
n/a

Default Racism, Trump & Evangelicals

Under Trump, evangelicals show their true racist colors - LA Times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2017, 04:05 AM
n/a

Trump has given validity to evangelical prejudice, but it has been there long before trump slithered into the room.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Religion does more good in promoting the well being of a society, so much so that the Chinese recognized that allowing their citizen the right to practice their religion created calm and stability.

In this nation the left is making every effort to destroy religion because religion views homosexuality as being against God's laws of nature.

Religion, a belief in God a belief in something greater than ourselves propels people to perform selfless acts for the benefit of our society. conversely secularism connotes a preoccupation with one's self, a belief in nothing. secularism is soulless

With religious people homosexuality simply means hate the sin love the sinner

HE is he alpha and omega.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-26-2017, 08:34 AM
n/a

Quote:
Religion does more good in promoting the well being of a society, so much so that the Chinese recognized that allowing their citizen the right to practice their religion created calm and stability.

In this nation the left is making every effort to destroy religion because religion views homosexuality as being against God's laws of nature.

Religion, a belief in God a belief in something greater than ourselves propels people to perform selfless acts for the benefit of our society. conversely secularism connotes a preoccupation with one's self, a belief in nothing. secularism is soulless

Personal Best Regards:
As he smiles at your grandson in the high school gym shower?

I'm waiting for a HS football team to ALL declare themselves "girls" so they can join the cheerleaders in the locker room. Doesn't the law state...the gender they "identify" with?
Old 08-26-2017, 08:42 AM
n/a

Quote:
Does this writer believe that there are no black evangelicals?

I guess now that the Russia story has no legs it's time to trot out the old standby, racism.

After this nonsense fizzle out it will be the old tried and true, "tax breaks for the rich" while the poor suffer.

What else does the left have? They have become totally predictable.
Old 08-26-2017, 10:05 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Does this writer believe that there are no black evangelicals?

I guess now that the Russia story has no legs it's time to trot out the old standby, racism.

After this nonsense fizzle out it will be the old tried and true, "tax breaks for the rich" while the poor suffer.

What else does the left have? They have become totally predictable.

Evangelicals and PARANOIA

White Evangelicals Are Why America Can't Have Nice Things

Old 08-26-2017, 02:05 PM
n/a

Quote:
Evangelicals and PARANOIA

White Evangelicals Are Why America Can't Have Nice Things

You have got to be kidding me. Huffington is accusing Trump supporters of fake news, being in denial et al.

Radical progressives are funny and I mean both as
(ha ha) and ( funny as strange

Personal Best Regards:
Old 08-26-2017, 02:16 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
You have got to be kidding me. Huffington is accusing Trump supporters of fake news, being in denial et al.

Radical progressives are funny and I mean both as

(ha ha) and ( funny as strange

Personal Best Regards:

Consider this

Home | Red May Seattle

Old 08-26-2017, 04:44 PM
n/a

Cool Hardly Worth The Effort

Quote:
Rubicon

Personal Best Regards:

Well, I had decided not to respond to the original post by Wiotte because an article in the Los Angeles Times is so obviously prejudiced. But after I saw Rubicon's response I decided to chime in in support.

The allegation that "White Evangelicals" are racist is so ludicrous that it hardly seems worthy of bothering to refute it. One only needs to point to the self-sacrifice of millions of White missionaries to Africa, China, and South America for over a century, and nothing more really needs to be said.

Missionaries whose sole motivation was to introduce others to the love of Christ, at the cost of personal comfort, disease, and even death, are truly maligned by accusations of racism.

Several years ago my home church "adopted" a village in western Africa and periodically sends teams of lay people to assist in improving the living conditions in that village. Our congregation has funded digging several fresh water wells to provide people with safe, sanitary, drinking water.

A while back my church promoted the purchase of efficient wood burning stoves for people in outlying areas of South America who were still cooking over open fires. I am not blowing my own horn when I say that I personally funded the full cost of one of those stoves.

This whole "White Christians are racists" theme is just another Liberal attack on Conservatives of every type. The writers make fools of themselves in attributing motives to Christians that are transparently false.

Carl in Tampa

Old 08-26-2017, 05:12 PM
n/a

The term and application of "racist" has become a distorted political and special interest motivated term.

Meaning BS in today's partisan say anything negative whether true or not society.

As I was once upon a time told by a newspaper editor, the key is to be first. Worry about the accuracy later!!
Old 08-26-2017, 06:14 PM
n/a

Quote:

Well, I had decided not to respond to the original post by Wiotte because an article in the Los Angeles Times is so obviously prejudiced. But after I saw Rubicon's response I decided to chime in in support.

The allegation that "White Evangelicals" are racist is so ludicrous that it hardly seems worthy of bothering to refute it. One only needs to point to the self-sacrifice of millions of White missionaries to Africa, China, and South America for over a century, and nothing more really needs to be said.

Missionaries whose sole motivation was to introduce others to the love of Christ, at the cost of personal comfort, disease, and even death, are truly maligned by accusations of racism.

Several years ago my home church "adopted" a village in western Africa and periodically sends teams of lay people to assist in improving the living conditions in that village. Our congregation has funded digging several fresh water wells to provide people with safe, sanitary, drinking water.

A while back my church promoted the purchase of efficient wood burning stoves for people in outlying areas of South America who were still cooking over open fires. I am not blowing my own horn when I say that I personally funded the full cost of one of those stoves.

This whole "White Christians are racists" theme is just another Liberal attack on Conservatives of every type. The writers make fools of themselves in attributing motives to Christians that are transparently false.

Carl in Tampa

Why couldn't they do things for themselves? They can't figure out how to dig a well?

Did ANYTHING ever improve or did what you built become run down and broken only to have you have to do it for them again a year later?

They are NOT "us" you should have figured that out by now.
Old 08-26-2017, 07:53 PM
n/a

Post Get It Right

Quote:
billethkid

As I was once upon a time told by a newspaper editor, the key is to be first. Worry about the accuracy later!!
If you were really told that, the editor was an idiot.

"Get It First, But First Get It Right” was the slogan of the International New Service (INS), founded by newspaper publisher William Randolph Hearst in 1909. The slogan is cited in print from 1923. The INS combined with the United Press in 1958 to form United Press International (UPI).

The slogan has been unofficially adopted by other news professionals as an industry motto. Television news anchor Walter Cronkite (1916-2009) often used the phrase (shortened to “Get it first, but get it right").

For a short while I wrote for a newspaper. Accuracy was paramount. These days that doesn't seem to be the case.

Carl in Tampa

Old 08-26-2017, 07:59 PM
n/a

Post Monomania

Quote:
Don Baldwin

Why couldn't they do things for themselves? They can't figure out how to dig a well?

Did ANYTHING ever improve or did what you built become run down and broken only to have you have to do it for them again a year later?

They are NOT "us" you should have figured that out by now.
The subject was the allegation that Evangelicals were racist, and my post was demonstrating that the claim was not true.

Your monomania about Blacks is getting tiresome.

Carl in Tampa

Old 08-26-2017, 09:42 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl in Tampa View Post
The subject was the allegation that Evangelicals were racist, and my post was demonstrating that the claim was not true.

Your monomania about Blacks is getting tiresome.

Carl in Tampa

And one dimensional. The Neanderthals really don't deserve the accolades Donny gives them. I do believe in respecting my elders, but damn those guys were just fu ckin cavemen !

Old 08-27-2017, 01:09 AM
n/a

Don't worry now that politics and religion can legally mix, the God hating liberals have no chance.

Of course the black churches never paid attention to the laws.

Tags
iphone, tapatalk, trump, evangelicals, racism

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.