Israeli Prime Minister's Speech to Congress

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 03-09-2015, 11:48 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
The Pentagoner: No illusions about Iran | Foreign Policy

"The armed forces of Iran number about half a million" according to this article, so yes American Jews and everyone else would be fighting after they were drafted. There would also have to be a "war tax" on everyone to finance this war.
Very good article. Suggest that all read it and compare/contrast it with the prime minister's speech.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
100 percent agree. How many American Jews would send their sons and daughters to Israel to fight?
This is the most likely scenario (in my opinion):

No one will do anything until Iran obtains multiple nuclear weapons. Iran will give these to "terrorists" NOT aligned with a particular nation. These terrorists will successfully detonate several warheads simultaneously and the former country of Israel is destroyed. The land will be uninhabitable for thousands of years.

That's it.

A couple of minutes later the US will have a decision. Who did this and how do we retaliate and against whom?

The issue with nukes and the tiny country of Israel is that, unlike the US, their entire country can be destroyed by a handful of nukes in a matter of minutes. Once I wrap my head around that sobering concept, I find I'm a bit more sympathetic to their "concern". That does not mean I necessarily support participating in a pre-emptive war. It simply means I'm sympathetic to Israel's fear.

The path forward for Israel is murky and dangerous. I'm glad I don't live there.
Old 03-09-2015, 03:05 PM
n/a

I will certainly not condone any nuclear attack on any country that would nuke Isreal. We have given too much money and foreign aide to this fair weather friend country. Doe'snt anyone remember the Isreal attack on the USS Liberty in 1967 where 34 Americans were killed by "our friend"?

Any pre-emptive strike on Iran would set off a larger war.

Let Isreal take care of themselfs. We supply them with money and military stuff. That is enough. If any American wants to help them further, issue them a one way passport and bon voyage.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.