n/a

Default Jeb

after watching JEB BUSCH
he seems to be a potential for president
he seemed to address issues
and really makes good sense
Old 06-15-2015, 09:10 PM
n/a

He is a strong candidate and definitely knows politics.

It was kind of name recognition in reverse, though. His campaign signs do not have the last name of Bush on them - just Jeb. Also, George HW Bush and George W Bush were not in attendance at their son and brother's campaign kickoff. It is like they are definitely downplaying the fact that Jeb is also a Bush - and we should forget the family name of Bush.

Maybe the George HW Bush slogan of "no new taxes, read my lips" or the infamous and non-existent weapons of mass destruction in Iraq of George W. Bush are things the Jeb Bush campaign managers want people to forget comes from the same lineage as their candidate.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:12 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
He is a strong candidate and definitely knows politics.

It was kind of name recognition in reverse, though. His campaign signs do not have the last name of Bush on them - just Jeb. Also, George HW Bush and George W Bush were not in attendance at their son and brother's campaign kickoff. It is like they are definitely downplaying the fact that Jeb is also a Bush - and we should forget the family name of Bush.

Maybe the George HW Bush slogan of "no new taxes, read my lips" or the infamous and non-existent weapons of mass destruction in Iraq of George W. Bush are things the Jeb Bush campaign managers want people to forget comes from the same lineage as their candidate.
Jen Bush, I believe, used the same logo when running in the past.

He is a good candidate, was a good governor and a successful one. The democrats will search everything to find faults, but his record as governor is stellar.

If his last name is to be used as a weapon, then Ms. Clinton has some issues to address, if associations are an issue, then the former secy of state to President Obama will have the same questions. And recall the last poll I saw, both Bush presidents were more favorable than President Obama, and we all know how Ms Clinton fares in favorability.

If, as everyone says, we should elect based on issues, then he is very strong.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:02 AM
n/a

I, for one, would think it to be a very proud family time when a family member announces formally for President of the USA.

Yet, his father and brother, both former Presidents, were not there. Definitely running away from the reminder of the family name.

Can anyone say I am wrong?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:30 AM
n/a

Quote:
I, for one, would think it to be a very proud family time when a family member announces formally for President of the USA.

Yet, his father and brother, both former Presidents, were not there. Definitely running away from the reminder of the family name.

Can anyone say I am wrong?
Of course no one can say that with any more confidence than you make your statement.

I think his fathers health and his parents age might play into it

If looking for significance, and I see NONE, but Ms Clinton's husband, an ex President said nothing and her daughter was silent despite the trappings that she tried to present...family.

Neither case means anything,and if everyone diverts to ex President Bush, then that thing we always talk about...vote on issues...just disappears.

Both candidates had reasons to present as they did, and in neither case is there some deep meaning.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:48 AM
n/a

Barbara Bush was at the campaign opener for her son, Jeb. She did look like a very proud mother. I can understand Bush 41's health might have kept him home. But what about Bush 43 not being there for his brother's campaign opener? It did look suspiciously like Jeb Bush did not want to be linked to his brother's terms of office.

I did not bother watching Hillary Clinton's roll-out so I do not know who was there or not.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:02 AM
n/a

I think it has been addressed by the media to be a downplaying of the last name and to sever ties associated with the name in hopes of a "new" start.

However....Jeb seems to be doing a bang up job screwing up his own campaign without help from his family so me thinks it is a moot point.

I had such high hopes for him...so very disappointed.

I don't like politics....I don't like the arguing and bickering and name calling...it just is not my cup of tea. It pains me to think how long we have to endure all of this.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:23 AM
n/a

My guess would be that 41 and 43 did not want to take the focus away from Jeb.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:43 AM
n/a

Quote:
I think it has been addressed by the media to be a downplaying of the last name and to sever ties associated with the name in hopes of a "new" start.

However....Jeb seems to be doing a bang up job screwing up his own campaign without help from his family so me thinks it is a moot point.

I had such high hopes for him...so very disappointed.

I don't like politics....I don't like the arguing and bickering and name calling...it just is not my cup of tea. It pains me to think how long we have to endure all of this.
It appears from your post that you have made up your mind ALREADY.

I HEAR NO MEDIA SAYING WHAT YOU SAY, but do not disbelieve some will say that.

I also do not know to what you are alluding when you say he has screwed up his campaign

What really sets your post apart is your TOTAL AND COMPLETE lack of any issues.

I am waiting until the candidates are out there and we cam compare issue stands. I WILL NOT JUDGE a man by his last name, as it appears you have done.

This guy, Bush, is the one candidate that is out there, and has been, and takes any question or comment from anyone.

Hard to discuss with anyone who votes either strictly by party or in this case by name.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:45 AM
n/a

Jeb has been my choice for over a year. Ben Carson, I don't see the appeal at all. Cruz, Perry, D. Duke, come on, you might as well just skip the exspence of an election and give the democrats the White House keys again.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:58 AM
n/a

Exactly.

Quote:
My guess would be that 41 and 43 did not want to take the focus away from Jeb.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:58 AM
n/a

Quote:
It appears from your post that you have made up your mind ALREADY.

I HEAR NO MEDIA SAYING WHAT YOU SAY, but do not disbelieve some will say that.

I also do not know to what you are alluding when you say he has screwed up his campaign

What really sets your post apart is your TOTAL AND COMPLETE lack of any issues.

I am waiting until the candidates are out there and we cam compare issue stands. I WILL NOT JUDGE a man by his last name, as it appears you have done.

This guy, Bush, is the one candidate that is out there, and has been, and takes any question or comment from anyone.

Hard to discuss with anyone who votes either strictly by party or in this case by name.
You totally misread and misunderstood my post. You obviously skipped over the part that I had high hopes for him...and I want him to be successful.

I think he is falling short of the task. That is my opinion. I am allowed to have one and so are you...thank you for sharing yours.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:06 PM
n/a

Quote:
You totally misread and misunderstood my post. You obviously skipped over the part that I had high hopes for him...and I want him to be successful.

I think he is falling short of the task. That is my opinion. I am allowed to have one and so are you...thank you for sharing yours.
Of course you should exercise your right to comment, but as I said....I do not know what you meant by him screwing up hi campaign, and you never said why you were disappointed in him as you say, and never quoted the media source you mention evening ties and downplaying his last name. In that regard, be advised his logo, sans his last name is the same as he has used in the past.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion. I just was curious why you would post it, which takes an effort, without saying why, so actually, I do not know how you came to your conclusions
Old 06-16-2015, 02:52 PM
n/a

The op of the thread was making an observation about Jeb not using his last name. I gave my opinion about that.

But i will share with you why i am disappointed in Jeb right now. I am not against him...do not misinterpret me.....I still am hoping against odds that he can pull this off....but each day that passes by...each controversy...each mishap...hurts him a little more.

He stepped on his tongue while trying to answer a question a few weeks ago about the way his brother handled the war....he backtracked and claims he misunderstood the question....i dont buy it...and i am a fan...so if i dont buy it...those who are against him or those who are on the fence certainly are not going to buy it.

Right after this incident...it was covered by every news source...and also on programs like face the nation etc. I listened...hopeful that he could redeem himself...and instead i think he lied. Now...that is my opinion...and your opinion may be different and you are entitled. You have a vote and so do I.

I truly believe that jeb wants to run his campaign without the influence of his dad and his brother....by the way i voted for his brother twice....and he too disappointed me...but that is a whole different topic.

I have stayed away from this forum...because i dont really like to discuss politics...mostly because my opinion means nothing. But i was intrigued and i made my comment.

I hope this answers the question you asked me or the statement you made about me.

Why do any of us share on a forum with complete strangers? I guess because we can. I certainly do not have an agenda. I gave my opinion....and i meant no disrespect to anyone else.
Old 06-16-2015, 03:12 PM
n/a

Quote:
The op of the thread was making an observation about Jeb not using his last name. I gave my opinion about that.

But i will share with you why i am disappointed in Jeb right now. I am not against him...do not misinterpret me.....I still am hoping against odds that he can pull this off....but each day that passes by...each controversy...each mishap...hurts him a little more.

He stepped on his tongue while trying to answer a question a few weeks ago about the way his brother handled the war....he backtracked and claims he misunderstood the question....i dont buy it...and i am a fan...so if i dont buy it...those who are against him or those who are on the fence certainly are not going to buy it.

Right after this incident...it was covered by every news source...and also on programs like face the nation etc. I listened...hopeful that he could redeem himself...and instead i think he lied. Now...that is my opinion...and your opinion may be different and you are entitled. You have a vote and so do I.

I truly believe that jeb wants to run his campaign without the influence of his dad and his brother....by the way i voted for his brother twice....and he too disappointed me...but that is a whole different topic.

I have stayed away from this forum...because i dont really like to discuss politics...mostly because my opinion means nothing. But i was intrigued and i made my comment.

I hope this answers the question you asked me or the statement you made about me.

Why do any of us share on a forum with complete strangers? I guess because we can. I certainly do not have an agenda. I gave my opinion....and i meant no disrespect to anyone else.
I was the one who "confronted" you; not to be confrontational, but the one thing I enjoy about this forum, when populated by adults, is to learn. Part of that is to learn from other posters, so WHY to me is important.

Your response is even better, because it is not grounded in sheer politics, but from your heart.

My response to you on what you raised is this. I watched Mr. Bush, and I sincerely feel he misheard Kelly's question (even tho she repeated it) and then trying to tamper the hurt, stumbled fixing it. I do not believe he lied. He has been the single most front and center candidate of all. He never ducks and looks you in the eye and answers directly.

It is so early in this thing. I can assure you that most, if not all candidates will stumble at one point. When and where will count a lot. A long way to go, many questions to be asked and answered.

Tags
jeb, address, issues, sense, good, makes, potential, busch, watching, president

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.