Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSLINY
GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT THERE WAS A GOOD REASON WHY CLINTON COULD'T
TAKE OUT BIN LADEN WHEN HE HAD THE CHANCE AND WHAT ACTION DID BUSH TAKE TO KEEP US SECURE THE WAR IN IRAQ AS PER ALAN GREENSPAN(EVER HEARD OF HIM)
THE WAR IN IRAQ IS ABOUT OIL AND NOTHING ELSE
Item 1. Was there a GOOD reason why Bin Laden COULDN'T be taken out? I'd like to know that GOOD reason.

Item 2. The war in Iraq is not just about oil. It's about oil AND regional instability AND maybe....juuust maybe....som other stuff as well. Just take a look at the Manhatten skyline.....remember now? Terrorists are born somewhere....they are raised somewhere.....they are trained somewhere....they speak a common language....and practice a common religion. What region of the world could be a potential home? Afghanastan was first.....the U.S. had a GOOD reason to INVADE the country (see item one). Iraq was number two....the U.S. really didn't have a good reason to invade....so.....a reason was contrived....the country had a nut case for a leader who was thinking or developing BIG weapons and sitting on one of the largest world oil supplies (hmmm....lemme think about this in the context of our national AND world security). Who's number three? I don't know, but I suspect there's going to be a number three? Iran, Syria.....Saudi Arabia (don't delude yourself into believing that they're our allies). This is going to be a long long war.....and it's not limited to Iraq. All we at home can do is to hunker down and support the effort WHEREVER it is. This support is not to be confused with BLIND jingoism....which, I think, is not a good thing.

It may serve us well to remember Edmund Burke's quote, "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing". Think about this quote vis-a-vis this coming presidential election. Who, among the candidates, has the will and fortitude to continue to do something and continue the fight.....and who will float upon and make decisions based upon the drift of the political winds. When in the process of choosing our next President, thinking this way may help winnow the field of candidates a bit. It works for me.

  #62  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Item 1. Was there a GOOD reason why Bin Laden COULDN'T be taken out? I'd like to know that GOOD reason.

Item 2. The war in Iraq is not just about oil. It's about oil AND regional instability AND maybe....juuust maybe....som other stuff as well. Just take a look at the Manhatten skyline.....remember now? Terrorists are born somewhere....they are raised somewhere.....they are trained somewhere....they speak a common language....and practice a common religion. What region of the world could be a potential home? Afghanastan was first.....the U.S. had a GOOD reason to INVADE the country (see item one). Iraq was number two....the U.S. really didn't have a good reason to invade....so.....a reason was contrived....the country had a nut case for a leader who was thinking or developing BIG weapons and sitting on one of the largest world oil supplies (hmmm....lemme think about this in the context of our national AND world security). Who's number three? I don't know, but I suspect there's going to be a number three? Iran, Syria.....Saudi Arabia (don't delude yourself into believing that they're our allies). This is going to be a long long war.....and it's not limited to Iraq. All we at home can do is to hunker down and support the effort WHEREVER it is. This support is not to be confused with BLIND jingoism....which, I think, is not a good thing.

It may serve us well to remember Edmund Burke's quote, "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing". Think about this quote vis-a-vis this coming presidential election. Who, among the candidates, has the will and fortitude to continue to do something and continue the fight.....and who will float upon and make decisions based upon the drift of the political winds. When in the process of choosing our next President, thinking this way may help winnow the field of candidates a bit. It works for me.
GO TO THE HISTORY CHANNEL THEY DID A REPORT ON WHY WE MISSED THB CHANCE TO GET BINLADEN
  #63  
Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

I watch the History Channel frequently.....it happens to be my favorite. I must have missed something. But, there must be other sources as well. I'm curious as to why a sitting President didn't eliminate or suppress an identified serious national threat when the opportunity was at hand. A political decision perhaps?
  #64  
Old 11-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

bsliny, why keep it a secret?? Please tell us.
  #65  
Old 11-23-2007, 04:14 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjdees
bsliny, why keep it a secret?? Please tell us.
AS PER THE HISTORY CHANNEL PGM WE WERE ABOUT TO SEND A MISSLE INTO BIN LADENS LOCATION WHEN IT WAS NOTICED THAT A PLANE FROM SAUDIA ARABIA WAS TO CLOSE TO THE LOCATION AND IT WAS FEARED THAT MEMBERS OF THE ROYAL FAMILY MIGHT BE ON BOARD AND IF THEY WERE TAKEN OUT ALONG WITH BIN LADEN IT WOULD BE A REAL POLITICAL MESS LIKE I SAID IT WAS ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL AND FROM WHAT IV'E HEARD OR WHAT THEY TELL US WE NEVER GOT A SECOND CHANCE AT HIM
WHY I DON'T KNOW

PS I'M NOT VOTING FOR HILLARY
  #66  
Old 11-23-2007, 05:03 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Cruise missles are programmed for a very specific target on every launch. No way would it have hit the royal family's plane. No way. The missle is low flying to avoid radars and hugs the terrain enroute. The Saudi's plane had an altitude of what.....20K or 30K feet? Either you misunderstood or the History Channel is spouting BS. It shouldn' take a WAG to figure this one out. And by the way, why was the Saudi's plane in the area anyway? Weird. This doesn't pass my reality check.
  #67  
Old 11-23-2007, 05:44 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

The Talk Host doesn't usually stir the pot on a posted topic....the forum does. There are other topics in the forum which may be more suited to your sensibilities. Those topics are but a mouse click away. There is no need to read that which you do not want to.
  #68  
Old 11-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZ
Cruise missles are programmed for a very specific target on every launch. No way would it have hit the royal family's plane. No way. The missle is low flying to avoid radars and hugs the terrain enroute. The Saudi's plane had an altitude of what.....20K or 30K feet? Either you misunderstood or the History Channel is spouting BS. It shouldn' take a WAG to figure this one out. And by the way, why was the Saudi's plane in the area anyway? Weird. This doesn't pass my reality check. THEN CONTACT THE HISTORY CHANNEL AND TALK TO THEM
AND BY THE WAY WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A MISSLE HITS A TARGET ARE YOU SAYING THE EXPLOSION IS LIMITTED TO JUST THE TARGET AND DOESN'T BLOW UP THINGS THAT MAYBE 5,10,20 OR 100 FEET AWAY THE PLANE WAS ON THE GROUND AND WHAT WAS BIN LADEN DOING IN THE AREA IS A BETTER QUESTION AND MOST INPORTANT WHAT PART OF BKLYN ARE YOU FROM
  #69  
Old 11-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Bay Ridge. Well, a 100 feet away you say? Bin Laden and the Saudi royal family were that close? I was thinking in terms of miles. Geez, ya think the royal family could have been radioed or something? Why was Bin Laden in the area? Beats me.......why is Bin Laden anywhere? Eventually, he'll be in a lot of places......at the same time....if you get my drift.
  #70  
Old 11-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
WELL... The current IDIOT in charge has really made a lot of BAD choices... I think Obahma might just be a change agent ... GOD KNOWS who ever is elected is a million times better than who is running our country ( CHENEY / BUSH and of course the Supreme Conservative Court).

SEE YOU ALL AT THE POLLS.. no chads or supreme court this time...
uhhhhh....there wasn't any chads or supreme court last time.....that was two times ago....

Nice first post...welcome to the board.
  #71  
Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next pre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Master
YES I would love to have a budget surplus, Health Care, and someone who can articulate well.

Bill Clinton only screwed one person... BUSH has screwed us all and continues to do so.

BIG business CEO's CONTINUE TO MAKE huge sums of money from the benefits of the Republicans and BUSH and his Cronies.. Were in a war we can't win.. Gas is $3 , the dollar is sliding fast, China owns a lot of our debt, the trade deficit SUCKS, 40 MILLION PEOPLE HAVE NO INSURANCE, the pharmaceutical companies have blocked all attempts to lower drug cost, our legislators are getting rich from lobbyist, and were are going down the tubes, were losing more and more jobs... YOU BETCHA I WANT A CHANGE....
Billy rode the coattails of the recovery that Papa Bush started 2 years before Billy got into office. Billy just had enough sense to leave things alone and copy Papa Bush's reforms and tax policies.
  #72  
Old 12-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

If Hillary turns out to be the Democratic nominee I'll vote for her. I'd much rather see Edwards or Obama but the most critical thing is to rescue our country from the ignorance, arrogance and incompetence and corruption of the Republican party.
  #73  
Old 12-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

That's what was done 8 years ago when we finally got Willie and Hilary Rotten out of the White House. Now we need to do it again. Makes you wonder how we continue to always elect idiots. And we will do it again. But the reason we end up with such poor leaders in this country is that good people refuse to run for public office because the media and the people who read and support the media focus on such insignificant nonsense. No one wants their history and the dumb things we have all done at one time or another spread out in front of the world. And you really have to question weather we are bright enough to elect good leaders.

EXAMPLES: Congress has an overall approval rating by the public of just 11%. That means that 89% of those polled (51,320) think that congress is really bad. Ask yourself how you would rate them. And yet the same idiots keep getting elected. Why????? It's because everyone thinks the elected person that represents them is doing a great job. It's those elected by the other dumb people in the other 49 states that is doing so badly. Why just look at all the great benefits and money that our congressman has brought back to "my" state. And look at all the "pork barrel" dumb $$$ that those other idiots are spending. Take social security. They will never fix it as long as they don't have to use it. They are not the dumb one's, we are. They put a different plan in place for themselves.

Until we all agree that congress represents none of us and keep thowing them out every 2 years until they get the message, we will get exactly what we deserve. Elected officials who are there for themselves, not for the people who vote for them.

Now I am sure this will get everone up in arms. :
  #74  
Old 12-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshunluva
Any man who is under 30 and is not a liberal has no heart; and any man who is over 30 and not a conservative has no brains.

- Winston Churchill


Take a look at Winston Churchill's various political stands. This man stood for himself and often had views different from the party in power at the time.
  #75  
Old 01-06-2008, 05:04 AM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

New Packers quarterback


In a news conference Deanna Favre announced she will be the starting QB
for the Packers this coming Sunday. Deanna asserts that she is qualified
to be starting QB because she has spent the past 16 years married to Brett
while he played QB for the Packers. During this period of time she became
familiar with the definition of a corner blitz, and is now completely
comfortable with other terminology of the Packers offense. A survey of
Packers fans shows that 50% of those polled supported the move.

Does this sounds idiotic and unbelievable to you? Well, Hillary Clinton makes
the same claims as to why she is qualified to be President and
50% of democrats polled agreed. She has never run a City, County, or
State.
When told Hillary Clinton has experience because she has 8 years in the
white house, Dick Morris stated "so has the pastry chef".
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:32 AM.