Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Old 08-04-2007, 04:46 PM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next pre

Hey Buc,

Are Radial Muslims the special kind of tires needed for the golf cars at the Villages?
Old 08-05-2007, 10:14 AM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

I don't think we should be voting for our next President based on the actions of the current administration nor past administrations. We should be looking at the character, experience and platforms of the various candidates running in 2008. I think the original point of this discussion thread was to debate Hillary's candidacy versus the others that are running for the office. Every President makes on the job errors in judgement only to be revealed often only after the fact. Further, deep rooted character flaws are also revealed during office right along with any stellar character traits they may possess that were unknown prior to the office being held. Our duty is to identify these flaws and good qualities and evaluate the candidates agendas the best we can with the limited information that we have prior to election day. If we keep the debate there, instead of ridiculing, blaming and blindly taking party sides, we all may benefit. My take on this process is simple. A good President must possess both liberal and conservative qualities and these are not limited to one side of the aisle or the other. In the liberal camp, our President must keep an eye toward the future, be open to progressive social reform when necessary and invest in social programs that have true measurable benefit, interact and negotiate with international leaders with refined diplomacy toward the global good etc. In the conservative camp, our President must have the restraint to make social changes slowly and cautiously, and look back often to learn about what worked best and what didn't and why. President's in both camps must moderate our resources, economy, foriegn trade etc and enlist (as is done now) the brightest, most knowlegeable experts in the fields for consult and decision making. On matters of defense, we must fight and eliminate all threats to our freedom and way of life and assist those whom we call our allies toward the same end. If our best military generals advise our civilian leaders to take the fight to our enemies, so be it, and the President takes full brunt of the decision......but a decision must be made. And in todays world, inaction may be worse than taking action be it right or wrong. So, who do we choose to steer the course? Let's evaluate Hillary's qualities, good and bad, to see how she would measure-up. One criteria I would not use as a measure of potential performance.....I would not cast my vote on the basis of who a potential President was/is married to or on the basis of other kinds relationships. They should be evaluted on their own merit, skills, character, platform and most importantly experience and demonstrated judicious use of power.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:23 PM
n/a

Default Re: Lets have an honest, unemotional discussion about Hillary being our next prez.

Good points stated twice. So there's a brief answer: "They call her Cleopatra Cause She's Queen Of DeNile. I don't think that's a good trait in a candidate for rhe president of the US. That is the complaint about the one we already have!!
Old 08-13-2007, 11:27 AM
n/a

A little sucker punch.

The Villages Florida
Old 08-15-2007, 08:01 PM
n/a

From www.unity08.com website the following tells it all.

The latest GWU Battleground Poll (from Lake Research and the Tarrance Group) tells us lots that we've heard before: 70% of the people think the country is on the wrong track; 57% disapprove of the job the Republican president is doing; 52% disapprove of the job the Democrats are doing in Congress.

But they went further. Asked which of these qualities is the most important in a Member of Congress, 32% said "strength of values and convictions" and twice as many, 64%, said "willingness to find practical workable solutions." 93% said Washington lawmakers put partisan politics ahead of the people, and an astonishing 71% say that of their very own Member of Congress.

No wonder that a plurality of Americans felt that in the future their children will be "worse off" than they are right now. That is an amazing finding in a country where our optimism is supposed to be the hallmark!

What it says is that the people don't expect the politicians in either party to lead. That leaves it up to the people. Only the people can lead us out of this mess, starting now, starting here – literally, starting here, at Unity08.com. This is your site. This is your country.

I really believe things can be different if we get involved and take our Government back from the Washington career politicians, lobbyists and special interest groups.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:07 PM
n/a

She's going to have a hard time getting any stains on blue dresses is something she has going for her. I do not know about Bill though keeping it decent while his wife is in office as President of the United States. That's going to be real temptation for him given his prior history of various sexual dalliances.

She also has a lot of experience at the presidential level given the appearance that they have often acted as a team in the political affairs of the Clintons. Not so much the personal affairs, one hopes.

She would make a good President when compared and contrasted to George W. Bush and his father as well as even to Bill Clinton. She certainly does not have the charism though of someone like one of the Kennedys like Robert and John F. She sort of even pales in comparison to Obama even if Mr. Obama seems like he needs a lot more seasoning before he would be ready for the Oval Office.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:14 PM
n/a

If only Bill Clinton had taken out BinLaden when our intelligence had him in their sights, But instead Bill decided not to do it. Had he made the decision to have him eliminated then JUST PERHAPS we might not have needed to take the action Bush has taken to keep us secure.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM
n/a

Chelsea and the Soldier-
Chelsea Clinton was departing her plane at the airport and came upon a soldier and proceeded to talk to him. She asked him where he had been, to which he replied "Baghdad". She praised him for what he had done for the
country and asked "Were you scared?"

He replied, "No, but I am scared about what I am facing as I return to the
United States." Chelsea asked, "What are you afraid of as you return to the
United States?"

He looked seriously at her and said "I am afraid of three things:
"Osama, Obama and Yomama."
Old 09-03-2007, 08:31 PM
n/a

Watched Hannity last night who was interviewing Romney. The clear understanding I got was that if the republican party act like true republicans, with health-care, a strong defense, abortion, economic strategies most agree on and other issues that the party always stands for will not have a problem gaining the white house. That in order for Hillary to get in she must act like a republican making promises she will never keep just to make it. Even a former candidate for VP Joe Lieberman is determined to vote for the right person not Hillary and not a Democrat.

He fears what will happen with his Israel after we pull out of IRAQ. Since it's our best interests down the line to
make sure that Israel remains our allie, and that we have a presence in the middle east. We need a strong one to keep these idiots from our homeland and keep us safe.

Personally I do not want another BUSH, or Clinton in the White-house. What I do want is a changing of the guard. Someone who's bright and a step above the rest.

These persons are Romney, Giuliani, and any Democrat that can show a history of voting with these issues. (That will never happen).

I can only remember my father who passed several years ago who was a true Democrat that when it came time to vote for the US Congress/Senate or White-house voted republican saying it's nice to have DEM'S in local government for the free programs but if you want to keep your jobs and take home a paycheck each week vote for the other guy.

Finally remember Ronnie Reagan who stopped the cold war and brought down the wall. Who's ideas helped make us stronger and sparked the economy giving Clinton the opportunity to get the credit.

I would love to see a woman in the white-house eventually, but please lets not make it Slick Willies wife.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:52 PM
n/a

Bubbalarry: Good post... :bigthumbsup:
Old 09-04-2007, 11:50 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbalarry
Watched Hannity last night who was interviewing Romney. The clear understanding I got was that if the republican party act like true republicans, with health-care, a strong defense, abortion, economic strategies most agree on and other issues that the party always stands for will not have a problem gaining the white house. That in order for Hillary to get in she must act like a republican making promises she will never keep just to make it. Even a former candidate for VP Joe Lieberman is determined to vote for the right person not Hillary and not a Democrat.

He fears what will happen with his Israel after we pull out of IRAQ. Since it's our best interests down the line to
make sure that Israel remains our allie, and that we have a presence in the middle east. We need a strong one to keep these idiots from our homeland and keep us safe.

Personally I do not want another BUSH, or Clinton in the White-house. What I do want is a changing of the guard. Someone who's bright and a step above the rest.

These persons are Romney, Giuliani, and any Democrat that can show a history of voting with these issues. (That will never happen).

I can only remember my father who passed several years ago who was a true Democrat that when it came time to vote for the US Congress/Senate or White-house voted republican saying it's nice to have DEM'S in local government for the free programs but if you want to keep your jobs and take home a paycheck each week vote for the other guy.

Finally remember Ronnie Reagan who stopped the cold war and brought down the wall. Who's ideas helped make us stronger and sparked the economy giving Clinton the opportunity to get the credit.

I would love to see a woman in the white-house eventually, but please lets not make it Slick Willies wife.
on the Clinton Bush flip flop... WE NEED A CHANGING NOT ONLY OF THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH BUT ALSO THE GOOD OLD BOYS. I THINK WE WOULD BE MUCH BETTER SERVED IF THE PRESIDENT AND CONGRESS COULS ONLY RUN FOR ONE 6 YEAR TERM.. NOT MORE GOOD OLE BOY PORK BARREL, SPEN HALF YOUR TIME CAMPAIGNING FOR THE NEXT TERM!!!!!!!!!!!

BY THE WAY GOOD ARTICLE IN USA TODAY.... http://www.usatoday.com/news/militar...ressmrap_N.htm Democrats do care about defense
Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 PM
n/a

I cannot remain calm over this discussion. We have a criminal mind for a president now who has raped the American public and those of you who dare to mock Hillary.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:45 PM
n/a

I would like to know the 8 best things that the Clintons have done for this country.

Now I would like to know the best 7 things that the current Bush administration has done for this country.

The Clintons ran this country for 8 years and the current Bush administration has ran it for 7 years. I'm only asking for 1 thing for each year they were in office.

If you can't give me one good thing for each year that your people ran this country then don't knock the other person. I don't think either one has done a good job! Tell me how I'm wrong.

Old 09-27-2007, 09:14 PM
n/a

ladykathleen, your comment is senseless and ridiculous.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:12 PM
n/a

What disappoints me so much these days is the lack of statesmen in congress. In the past, policitics was also down and dirty but there was respect for opponents. Today's political climate is filled with hate and that is because there are so few people who are willing to stick to their principles.

Over the last several years. I have concluded that the only statesman, at least in the public eye, is Joe Lieberman. He would get my vote because I know he is honest, forthright and wouldn't violate my trust.

Oh, and I am a lifelong Republican.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.