Obama and his Selfie Stick

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:13 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Then why are his poll numbers constantly in the high 40's in the Gallup daily tracking poll?
That's easy ... about 10% African American, 30% Liberals and 5-10% credulous "moderates" who, in some cases, would never admit to having any negative thoughts about Dearest Leader because it's not PC to do so
  #17  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:18 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Then why are his poll numbers constantly in the high 40's in the Gallup daily tracking poll?
That means then those that are not happy with this POTUS is in the low 60% range.
That has to be a number of significance for those who espouse winning 51% of the vote is a "landslide".
  #18  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:20 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Oh you mean like when Katrina flooded New Orleans, or when the World Trade Center got attacked, or when the US went to war in the wrong country (Iraq), or when the financial meltdown in this country occurred causing 750,000 people a month to lose their jobs? Oh wait, that wasn't Obama, was it?
First of all, I started this thread and the topic is Obama's selfie stick and his unbelievable narcissism -- so don't take a tangent please. It's incredible and the point is ... you can easily see why most of the active duty military have no respect for this joker, especially when he pulls a selfie stunt like this when ISIS is cleaning his clock in the Middle East, along with Iran, etc

Second ... Clinton planted the seeds for WTC by ignoring Bin Laden and refusing a chance to have his head on a platter (I can tell you for a fact) and the meltdown was tied to subprime mortgages ... check the record on Barney Frank and the boys using the fascist strong-arm to require banks to make bum loans. But, as I say, that's a separate thread.
  #19  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:28 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
First of all, I started this thread and the topic is Obama's selfie stick and his unbelievable narcissism -- so don't take a tangent please. It's incredible and the point is ... you can easily see why most of the active duty military have no respect for this joker, especially when he pulls a selfie stunt like this when ISIS is cleaning his clock in the Middle East, along with Iran, etc

Second ... Clinton planted the seeds for WTC by ignoring Bin Laden and refusing a chance to have his head on a platter (I can tell you for a fact) and the meltdown was tied to subprime mortgages ... check the record on Barney Frank and the boys using the fascist strong-arm to require banks to make bum loans. But, as I say, that's a separate thread.
Do not expect this poster or others like him to read or even want to delve into facts to support the spin they throw out...the little micro phrases that they feel is "dialogue".

These, in my opinion, are the same folks who brought down the last political forum. There, on that forum, the next step was to report everybody as you might do in elementary school. Thus causing all the grief for the moderators.

I recall the beginnings of the political forum. When you disagreed with someone, they would go to work..investigate...research and come back strong at you with facts to dispute what you were saying and present solid cases for how they felt.

This group is different, and I see no move to change. To those who continually say....."you will not change anyones mind on here"....I say that you are correct, you MIGHT not, but IF those you are discussing issues with would at least make an effort to understand what they are saying in little phrases, BOTH PARTIES MAY LEARN SOMETHING which is how we used to get to the middle in this country.
  #20  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:37 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Do not expect this poster or others like him to read or even want to delve into facts to support the spin they throw out...the little micro phrases that they feel is "dialogue".

These, in my opinion, are the same folks who brought down the last political forum. There, on that forum, the next step was to report everybody as you might do in elementary school. Thus causing all the grief for the moderators.

I recall the beginnings of the political forum. When you disagreed with someone, they would go to work..investigate...research and come back strong at you with facts to dispute what you were saying and present solid cases for how they felt.

This group is different, and I see no move to change. To those who continually say....."you will not change anyones mind on here"....I say that you are correct, you MIGHT not, but IF those you are discussing issues with would at least make an effort to understand what they are saying in little phrases, BOTH PARTIES MAY LEARN SOMETHING which is how we used to get to the middle in this country.

Now that's a personal attack but so what, I'll just thank you for your comments and ignore it. I certainly won't go crying to the Moderator like a previous poster did.

Regarding facts ... I can provide whatever you need on the topics cited. Be my guest and make a specific point ... that is indeed what dialogue is about.
  #21  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:41 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Now that's a personal attack but so what, I'll just thank you for your comments and ignore it. I certainly won't go crying to the Moderator like a previous poster did.

Regarding facts ... I can provide whatever you need on the topics cited. Be my guest and make a specific point ... that is indeed what dialogue is about.
I will not because we have a thread and it would be rude to disrupt it. Thank you for allowing it to continue and try to stay on topic.

YOU throw out all the "stuff" unrelated to any thread and want someone else to do the work. If you have a political issue you wish to discuss that is not historical, I am sure you if you started a thread, presented your case, people would be glad to participate but nobody will do the work for you.
  #22  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I will not because we have a thread and it would be rude to disrupt it. Thank you for allowing it to continue and try to stay on topic.

YOU throw out all the "stuff" unrelated to any thread and want someone else to do the work. If you have a political issue you wish to discuss that is not historical, I am sure you if you started a thread, presented your case, people would be glad to participate but nobody will do the work for you.
Now now ... that's not true and I'm usually just responding to what people said vs non-related. Btw, as a conservative, I would never expect anyone else to do my work for me. You definitely have that backwards.
  #23  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:45 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Now now ... that's not true and I'm usually just responding to what people said vs non-related. Btw, as a conservative, I would never expect anyone else to do my work for me. You definitely have that backwards.
Your interest in politics appears to be to simply allow someone else to make a thread and then you attack, using whatever fits....even if not current news. That is pretty easy. You look at this as a playground for you
  #24  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:56 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Your interest in politics appears to be to simply allow someone else to make a thread and then you attack, using whatever fits....even if not current news. That is pretty easy. You look at this as a playground for you
Now consider the irony of what you just said and your accusation ...
  #25  
Old 02-13-2015, 07:59 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Photos of Obama indulging his narcissism with his selfie stick, and photos of the King of Jordan in his fighter pilot suit ... can there be any greater contrast between an non-serious and serious leader?
  #26  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Photos of Obama indulging his narcissism with his selfie stick, and photos of the King of Jordan in his fighter pilot suit ... can there be any greater contrast between an non-serious and serious leader?
I will allow that this President does not seem to care what people think,but then again, he sort of has been saying that since the last election, most vividly in the State of the Union. Never heard a President talk like this. Sometimes he is actually manifesting and supporting political divides instead of being a leader and trying to find a way to the middle.

If his behavior is to be lauded, I cannot join in...perhaps I am not sophisticated enough to understand his actions and words.
  #27  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:20 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
That means then those that are not happy with this POTUS is in the low 60% range.
That has to be a number of significance for those who espouse winning 51% of the vote is a "landslide".
Today's numbers are 47% approve, 49% disapprove, not quite the 60% range you predicted. Since the president won the election with 50.6% of the popular vote, he is not that far off that number now. Congress would like to have those kind of numbers.


Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
  #28  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:22 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Today's numbers are 47% approve, 49% disapprove, not quite the 60% range you predicted. Since the president won the election with 50.6% of the popular vote, he is not that far off that number now. Congress would like to have those kind of numbers.


Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
I would love it someday is some of these folks who come on and type in little UNRELATED things, would just comment with some intelligence on the subject of the thread. That would be something.
  #29  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:29 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I would love it someday is some of these folks who come on and type in little UNRELATED things, would just comment with some intelligence on the subject of the thread. That would be something.
How much can one say about a selfie stick? The president was just having fun, where is the harm. Also he was identifying with the younger generation.

It's tough to relive those painful election results, but for those questioning the landslide, here are the results. President Obama 332, Mitt Romney 206. Needed to win 270.


thhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/e landslide
  #30  
Old 02-13-2015, 08:30 PM
Guest
n/a
 
Posts: n/a
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
How much can one say about a selfie stick? The president was just having fun, where is the harm. Also he was identifying with the younger generation.

It's tough to relive those painful election results, but for those questioning the landslide, here are the results. President Obama 332, Mitt Romney 206. Needed to win 270.


thhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/e landslide
///
 

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.