Obama and his Selfie Stick

Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
How much can one say about a selfie stick? The president was just having fun, where is the harm. Also he was identifying with the younger generation.

It's tough to relive those painful election results, but for those questioning the landslide, here are the results. President Obama 332, Mitt Romney 206. Needed to win 270.

thhttp://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/special/politics/election-map-2012/president/e landslide
I NEVER EVER want to live in this posters world. It might be wonderful for that poster, but I found it diluted and not based on reality.

Where is the harm ? He is the President of the United States, not a rock star and frankly the first President who didnt want that younger generation to identify the office holder of the President as someone they admire, and not especially on of the guys.
Old 02-13-2015, 08:39 PM
n/a

Regarding the selfie stick, I think it is rather undignified for the President of the United States to do that. Out of respect for the office, I just think it looks downright foolish. And considering the state of foreign affairs at the moment, I think it comes across as arrogant. A little humility sometimes can go a long way - not seeing anything like that in this President.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:19 AM
n/a

This should entertain the selfie stick posters

uploadfromtaptalk1423923539125.jpg
Old 02-14-2015, 09:40 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post

Attachment 47652
Looks like treason. IMPEACH!
Old 02-14-2015, 10:52 AM
n/a

I guess I'm not old enough to be offended by the President taking selfies. He has teenage girls. He may be the POTUS but it is just as important to be a father. To me, the selfies are part of parenting today. Ask your children if they have taken selfies and, if so, why. I think many will say yes and just for fun and something their children can relate to. Even a President needs down time, even if just for a few minutes of silliness. He can't always go out and play golf.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:13 AM
n/a

The new phones have a built in cameras for selfies. And they are getting better. We now need a good photobomb picture.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
I guess I'm not old enough to be offended by the President taking selfies. He has teenage girls. He may be the POTUS but it is just as important to be a father. To me, the selfies are part of parenting today. Ask your children if they have taken selfies and, if so, why. I think many will say yes and just for fun and something their children can relate to. Even a President needs down time, even if just for a few minutes of silliness. He can't always go out and play golf.
It’s not about being “offended” by his narcissm but rather disgusted and embarrassed by it. He seem to be increasingly over the top with this kind of adolescent behavior and/or dopey comments (eg crusades)… I’m beginning to think he may actually have a loose screw or two.

There is also a difference between taking selfies with your kids in private, vs plastering them all over the Internet don’t you think?
Old 02-14-2015, 12:32 PM
n/a

Quote:

Attachment 47652
You're photo of Obama on display says it all. As I said before, compare this photo with that of the King of Jordan in a flight suit. Nuff said.
Old 02-14-2015, 12:58 PM
n/a

if anybody thinks Obama made the selfie/doofie video to show he is a modern father or participating in down time is being overly kind, naieve or not up to date on this guys motivation.

Somebody that continually uses I, me in his speeches has NOBODY but himself in mind when doing anything.

The selfie/doofie video is a pi$$ poor attempt to appeal to a specific voter base......the totally uninformed, out of touch, who cares block.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:48 PM
n/a

Quote:
if anybody thinks Obama made the selfie/doofie video to show he is a modern father or participating in down time is being overly kind, naieve or not up to date on this guys motivation.

Somebody that continually uses I, me in his speeches has NOBODY but himself in mind when doing anything.

The selfie/doofie video is a pi$$ poor attempt to appeal to a specific voter base......the totally uninformed, out of touch, who cares block.
I think you're correct in at least part of his motivation is appealing to the doofus vote. He excels at that, and that voter base is steadily growing especially with de facto open borders. In that sense, if one hates the country they were born in (as Obama does) then the doofus appeal is actually a very smart strategy by which to slowly destroy it.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:56 PM
n/a

Quote:
Today's numbers are 47% approve, 49% disapprove, not quite the 60% range you predicted. Since the president won the election with 50.6% of the popular vote, he is not that far off that number now. Congress would like to have those kind of numbers.

Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval
Dear Guest: The 47% favorable rating correspond well with the 45% Romney spoke of during his 2012 campaign and supports the notion that providing entitlements is a quid pro quo arrangement more free stuff more votes even the dead can't resist that offer.

As to the main focus of this thread doesn't the word "selfie" speak volumes.

When I was a kid I fell in the playground and cut my arm open. It probably needed stitches but mother superior applied a butterfly bandage and told me to return to class. I did and there was mother superior starring at my arm. Why? because I had my sleeve rolled up to show the girls in the room what a real warrior looked like. Mother Superior remarks quickly put to rest that attempt. In my view one of the greatest lessons of life is that humility is a wonderful virtue. Selfie's are its antithesis
Old 02-14-2015, 07:34 PM
n/a

Quote:
Photos of Obama indulging his narcissism with his selfie stick, and photos of the King of Jordan in his fighter pilot suit ... can there be any greater contrast between an non-serious and serious leader?
The community organizer with his selfie stick to me is pretty much on par with Putin riding his horse half naked. Two men that are just plain nuts!
Old 02-14-2015, 09:29 PM
n/a

On the lighter side........ a CPAC selfie.

uploadfromtaptalk1423967185258.jpg
Old 02-14-2015, 10:31 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
On the lighter side........ a CPAC selfie.

Attachment 47658
Actually, any one of those people in the photoshop would make for a much President than the joker we have in office now
Old 02-15-2015, 08:51 AM
n/a

Default Oh for the good old days of Presidents in Flight Suits

Remembering when we had a real leader
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bush-FlightSuit.jpg (126.9 KB, 1 views)

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.