Sarah Palin! Again!

Old 11-04-2009, 11:11 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJoe View Post
I am sure you are proud of a win with 49% of the vote, and the defeated conservative had no support from the republican party. I wonder how Sarah can do if she actually shows up. Obviously President Obama and Biden didn't have much luck with their appearances in Virginia and New Jersey.
I believe the LIBS will take any small victory they can. This is just the start of some real CHANGE. CHANGE that I believe in.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:38 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUREK View Post
I believe the LIBS will take any small victory they can. This is just the start of some real CHANGE. CHANGE that I believe in.
Small change like ... a sweep of the Presidency, the House, the Senate? It's only been 11 months. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:03 PM
n/a

I didn't say ACORN had anything to do with NY23. I have no evidence one way or the other. I was implying that that is their MO. I do know that whenever there is a recount, mysterious votes start coming out of the woodwork. The votes always favor the Democrat.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 PM
n/a

Default jurek, et al...the following article typifies the nimble

footing of one like Pelosi:

http://www.politico.com/livepulse/11..._Virginia.html

Can you imagine what she would have had to say if the Dems would have cleaned up last night.

I do believe in playing to a strong position no matter what....but there is a practical limit. To say that Virginia and NJ didn't really matter is a rather knee jerk, non thinking response (typical Pelosi).
I wonder if they will matter to her in the 2010 Congressional seats.

It some what portrays what I come up against with Dems all too often...it is the old....I may not be right all the time but I am never wrong....attitude.

btk
Old 11-04-2009, 06:58 PM
n/a

Default Gimme a Break!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally Jo View Post
I didn't say ACORN had anything to do with NY23. I have no evidence one way or the other. I was implying that that is their MO. I do know that whenever there is a recount, mysterious votes start coming out of the woodwork. The votes always favor the Democrat.
The votes always favor the Democrat? On what planet? Lets' talk about George W.'s thuggery recount in 2000, and Ken Blackwell's rigged Ohio election in 2004. Those are for the highest offices in the land- anthig else is small potatoes.

Growing up in Nassau County. L.I., the cons had such a stranglehold on the election process that they controlled all offices up to and incuding U.S. senator, and part-time mobster Alphonse D'Amato.

Of course, when you look at virtually any local party system, the concept of fair & free election recounts go right out the window.

This only a comment about "The vote ALWAYS favor the Democrat."
Old 11-04-2009, 07:26 PM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptownrob View Post
The votes always favor the Democrat? On what planet? Lets' talk about George W.'s thuggery recount in 2000, and Ken Blackwell's rigged Ohio election in 2004. Those are for the highest offices in the land- anthig else is small potatoes.

Growing up in Nassau County. L.I., the cons had such a stranglehold on the election process that they controlled all offices up to and incuding U.S. senator, and part-time mobster Alphonse D'Amato.

Of course, when you look at virtually any local party system, the concept of fair & free election recounts go right out the window.

This only a comment about "The vote ALWAYS favor the Democrat."
Can we agree that voter fraud is a problem for everyone, and that reasonably protections are needed to ensure the accuracy of the vote? The most recent problems are to some degree caused by unrestricted absentee ballots. I think if you want to cast an absentee ballot, the voter must be identified by a public election official before it can count. For the military the local commander could verify the voter. For medical ballots the voter could be verified by hospital personnel. If the voter would be gone on election day, they could vote absentee at their local voter registration office. It is absolutely necessary that election fraud be investigated and prosecuted, and eliminated.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 AM
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
To say that Virginia and NJ didn't really matter is a rather knee jerk, non thinking response (typical Pelosi).
It's typical politics. Doesn't matter if it's Democrat or Republican. It's spin.

Last night, Ari Fleischer, former Press Secretary for President Bush, was shown on Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" saying how these couple of races were repudiations of the Democrats and that it wasn't "just local politics".

Then they showed footage of him a few years ago giving a press conference after the Democrats took some races in an off year election (I want to say it was the 2001 election) and said "it's just local politics".

As Jon Stewart has said in the past "Do they NOT know that the cameras are rolling when they talk?"
Old 11-05-2009, 11:21 AM
n/a

Smile They called it!

Before these elections, the Republicans were saying that the really important one was in New York. This would be a litmus test for 2010 elections! Well.......hmmmmmmmm..... I sure do hope so!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.