United Nations Declares Guns Control Weather

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2023, 12:42 AM

At least the Ozone Hole is closing. Now I'll go shoot a couple hundred clays at BlackJack guilt free this week

The ozone layer is slowly, but surely, healing, the UN says | PBS NewsHour.
Old 01-21-2023, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post
At least the Ozone Hole is closing. Now I'll go shoot a couple hundred clays at BlackJack guilt free this week

Anything the UN says about the climate is backwards -- junk science. They can say the "hole" is healing, because it's now "summer" at the South Pole when the sun shines constantly. Guess what, the sun creates ozone. During each winter season, the sun don't shine down there, and the hole comes back. The sun creates ozone, and lack of sun destroys ozone. That's the science.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I grew up on a farm. My grandfather and my father owned cows and I never heard one of them fart. Horses yep, pigs yep, my grandfather and my father yep, they all farted, but cows don't. Cows do poop a lot though and in copious amounts.
I just remembered something about this deep intellectual discussion concerning cow flatulence causing large amounts of polluting gas that become a BIG problem because they end up as a blanket in the upper atmosphere and therefore affect Global Warming. Now how MUCH that effect is would require me to go ask Mr. Google, which I have been trying to avoid? What I remembered is that the problem gases emitted from cattle do NOT come from the rear end, but rather from the FRONT end, in the form of BURPS.
........So the way I understand it (just from memory and not recently) is that basically, cattle BURPS are WARMING the planet. Now I know that sounds crazy and if enough people challenge my memory (very imperfect at my advancing age) I WILL be forced to ask Mr. Google.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,106 Times in 4,219 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I just remembered something about this deep intellectual discussion concerning cow flatulence causing large amounts of polluting gas that become a BIG problem because they end up as a blanket in the upper atmosphere and therefore affect Global Warming. Now how MUCH that effect is would require me to go ask Mr. Google, which I have been trying to avoid? What I remembered is that the problem gases emitted from cattle do NOT come from the rear end, but rather from the FRONT end, in the form of BURPS.
........So the way I understand it (just from memory and not recently) is that basically, cattle BURPS are WARMING the planet. Now I know that sounds crazy and if enough people challenge my memory (very imperfect at my advancing age) I WILL be forced to ask Mr. Google.
So, in other words, the global warming true believers that thought they were talking out of their mouths were actually talking out their @$$
Old 01-21-2023, 10:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodbear View Post

I just read that article (which was excellent) and in the next to last paragraph ......the article stated that HFC was banned ONLY a few years ago - it is a HEAT trapping Greenhouse gas that does what I have been talking about - that is HFC rises to the upper atmosphere and is one of the major causes of the RECENT 8-year RECORD earth heating. The hole in the ionosphere above Antarctica will take 43 years to HEAL. The thinning of the layer above the Arctic will take about 22 years to get restored. The article did NOT say how long it would take for the HEAT-trapping HFC to dissipate. But I know from other readings that scientists predict the next 30 years will be continuing with the RECORD HEAT.

Thanks.....that was a very good link.
Old 01-21-2023, 10:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I just read that article (which was excellent) and in the next to last paragraph ......the article stated that HFC was banned ONLY a few years ago - it is a HEAT trapping Greenhouse gas that does what I have been talking about - that is HFC rises to the upper atmosphere and is one of the major causes of the RECENT 8-year RECORD earth heating. The hole in the ionosphere above Antarctica will take 43 years to HEAL. The thinning of the layer above the Arctic will take about 22 years to get restored. The article did NOT say how long it would take for the HEAT-trapping HFC to dissipate. But I know from other readings that scientists predict the next 30 years will be continuing with the RECORD HEAT.

Thanks.....that was a very good link.
Greenhouse gases do not trap heat. They first absorb heat and then immediately radiate it back out. It just slows down heat's escape to outer space. Plus, the earth has been cooling for the past 7 years -- so CO2 seems to be underperforming. We need to create more CO2.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	UAH.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	96559  
Old 01-21-2023, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,535 Times in 2,135 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounding View Post
Greenhouse gases do not trap heat. They first absorb heat and then immediately radiate it back out. It just slows down heat's escape to outer space. Plus, the earth has been cooling for the past 7 years -- so CO2 seems to be underperforming. We need to create more CO2.
STILL with this ridiculous assertion???

OK then, let's take a look at it using the data YOU provided.

First your graph. Yep, there is a horizontal line that is higher on the left than it is on the right showing a decreasing trend. No argument there. But the line is an Excel feature based on the data points and when you look at them the decrease isn't quite as obvious. Sure, the 2022 point is lower than the 2016 point but the 2022 point shows an increase over last year and an overall increase over 2015 start of the period.

Then why does Excel show a decreasing trend? Because the 2016 point is significantly higher than it's neighbors. If you cherry-pick a starting point then you can often show whatever you want. What is MOST interesting about this, and quite ironic, is that the cooling trend you are so excited about only exists because of an extremely warm year!

Now on to the second graph where I "cherry-picked" a point 23 years ago. (If you don't like 22 then pick 50 or 10 or 17 or 42 or whatever number you like greater than 7) On this graph there is a horizontal(ish) line that is lower on the left and higher on the right showing a warming trend. What we can also see in this graph is that except for four extremely warm years, 2022 was the warmest in the last 23 years. If you remove the 2022 data then 2021 was the warmest in the last 22 years.

This is *your* chosen data just not your chosen starting point.

Of course, none of this speaks to whether man has anything to do with the warming. This only shows that the cooling trend that you continue to assert does not exist or rather, it exists only because of a set of unusually warm years.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	TemperatureTrend_sounding.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	96560   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	TemperatureTrend_2000-2022.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	96561  

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-21-2023, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

First your graph. Yep, there is a horizontal line that is higher on the left than it is on the right showing a decreasing trend. No argument there. But the line is an Excel feature based on the data points and when you look at them the decrease isn't quite as obvious. Sure, the 2022 point is lower than the 2016 point but the 2022 point shows an increase over last year and an overall increase over 2015 start of the period.

Then why does Excel show a decreasing trend? Because the 2016 point is significantly higher than it's neighbors. If you cherry-pick a starting point then you can often show whatever you want. What is MOST interesting about this, and quite ironic, is that the cooling trend you are so excited about only exists because of an extremely warm year!

Now on to the second graph where I "cherry-picked" a point 23 years ago. (If you don't like 22 then pick 50 or 10 or 17 or 42 or whatever number you like greater than 7) On this graph there is a horizontal(ish) line that is lower on the left and higher on the right showing a warming trend. What we can also see in this graph is that except for four extremely warm years, 2022 was the warmest in the last 23 years. If you remove the 2022 data then 2021 was the warmest in the last 22 years.

Of course, none of this speaks to whether man has anything to do with the warming. This only shows that the cooling trend that you continue to assert does not exist or rather, it exists only because of a set of unusually warm years.
The long-term cooling trend has been in the works for many years due to cooling sun cycles ... Monthly and smoothed sunspot number | SILSO . More importantly, CO2 is failing as a control knob. This is why the media (like the Weather Channel) will never talk about this current trend -- because it's embarrassing to the global warming establishment.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Anything the UN says about the climate is backwards -- junk science. They can say the "hole" is healing, because it's now "summer" at the South Pole when the sun shines constantly. Guess what, the sun creates ozone. During each winter season, the sun don't shine down there, and the hole comes back. The sun creates ozone, and lack of sun destroys ozone. That's the science.
This is a serious question. Do you really believe what you are saying? You are asking us to NOT believe the UNITED NATION's large staff of scientists and INSTEAD believe YOU (as opposed to THEM). They publish peer-reviewed SCIENTIFIC PAPERS that appear in Science Journals. Have you published any PAPERS in science journals EVER? When you DO, then I will be willing to debate what you are saying. You are DOING the SAYING so just PROVE that you are an expert. I do NOT CLAIM to be an expert Climatologist, as do you. Therefore I will believe the UN and it is you, not I, that must back up their random CLAIMS about being an expert. Time to PUT UP or............
Old 01-21-2023, 12:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So, in other words, the global warming true believers that thought they were talking out of their mouths were actually talking out their @$$
That IS funny ! I will grant that. I said that I was going by memory only (from a long time ago). I guess I was hoping that with the COLLECTIVE brainpower here at The Villages, that some other forum member might have read about how cattle DO contribute to Global Warming. Which is an idea that I will take to my grave unless someone here KNOWS what IS ACTUALLY factual on this situation. Or I might stop being lazy and care enough to go hat in hand and ask Mr. Wizzard, I mean Mr. Google.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Look children, there is that strange graph again. It keeps popping up. Must be those Y2K space invaders doing it again.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:28 PM
Sage

Quote:

Agreed.....using data to reverse a normal conclusion that the Y2K space laser people don't like so they present misleading data as proof of their INVERTED conclusion. The BIG question in my mind IS WHY are they doing it? Where is the motivation to draw a BACKWARDS conclusion about the direction of HEATING in the earth's weather / climate. Is the oil and gas industry so unable to change and innovate that they PAY people on forums to make outrageous, erroneous claims? I seriously DOUBT that, but I can't come up with any solid reason for WHY spout out this deception? It is baffling, but I have yet to lose any sleep over it.
Old 01-21-2023, 12:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
This is a serious question. Do you really believe what you are saying? You are asking us to NOT believe the UNITED NATION's large staff of scientists and INSTEAD believe YOU (as opposed to THEM). They publish peer-reviewed SCIENTIFIC PAPERS that appear in Science Journals. Have you published any PAPERS in science journals EVER? When you DO, then I will be willing to debate what you are saying. You are DOING the SAYING so just PROVE that you are an expert. I do NOT CLAIM to be an expert Climatologist, as do you. Therefore I will believe the UN and it is you, not I, that must back up their random CLAIMS about being an expert. Time to PUT UP or............
Climate change "peer review" is corrupt. Peer review (like consensus) has become a political tool to control group think. Also, if you doubt the UN stance on small arms and gun control, just read the UN's Disarmament Handbook -- all of it.
Old 01-21-2023, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,535 Times in 2,135 Posts

Quote:
The long-term cooling trend has been in the works for many years due to cooling sun cycles ... Monthly and smoothed sunspot number | SILSO . More importantly, CO2 is failing as a control knob. This is why the media (like the Weather Channel) will never talk about this current trend -- because it's embarrassing to the global warming establishment.
Too many words for you, eh? I'll put it more succinctly: There is no cooling trend.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 01-21-2023, 01:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Too many words for you, eh? I'll put it more succinctly: There is no cooling trend.
Why did earth stop warming last 7 years, while CO2 continues to shoot upwards?
Closed Thread

Tags
climate, claim, guns, weather, disarmament

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.