Happy with Brighthouse TV????

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2015, 08:59 AM
Veteran member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You made my point....thanks.
What is your point???? Can you respond to my question without re-phrasing it like you did with my original post. How do you know what I pay is cheap if you do not know what I pay????

What is your point???
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
What is your point???? Can you respond to my question without re-phrasing it like you did with my original post. How do you know what I pay is cheap if you do not know what I pay????

What is your point???
You said you will pay a reasonable price.....what is a reasonable price. You determine what that is. The provider sells his stuff at what he considers a reasonable price. You think they are greedy. Your reasonable price is the same thing in reverse but you don't see it that way. When we take your approach (and there is nothing wrong with your approach since it works for you) we feel we got a deal even though you may not get the apples for apples (Comcast, Brighthouse, Direct TV etc all have different values). Since you want to purchase with the least amount of cash outflow I see no difference from the vendor that wants to sell with the most amount of cash inflow. I get annoyed when someone throws the "greed" card around and thinks it doesn't apply to them and only those that have invested in a business are greedy. We are all greedy, we just define it differently when it applies to us. I hope that answers your question.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Veteran member
Question

Quote:
You said you will pay a reasonable price.....what is a reasonable price. You determine what that is. The provider sells his stuff at what he considers a reasonable price. You think they are greedy. Your reasonable price is the same thing in reverse but you don't see it that way. When we take your approach (and there is nothing wrong with your approach since it works for you) we feel we got a deal even though you may not get the apples for apples (Comcast, Brighthouse, Direct TV etc all have different values). Since you want to purchase with the least amount of cash outflow I see no difference from the vendor that wants to sell with the most amount of cash inflow. I get annoyed when someone throws the "greed" card around and thinks it doesn't apply to them and only those that have invested in a business are greedy. We are all greedy, we just define it differently when it applies to us. I hope that answers your question.
Thanks for the reply but still want to know if you would accept a 20% increase in any one of your home services without being displeased with that providers services at the new price???Do you not want to purchase with the least amount of cash flow? I did not say the greed factor did not apply to me. You are the one that made the personal attack about my opinion!
Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Thanks for the reply but still want to know if you would accept a 20% increase in any one of your home services without being displeased with that providers services at the new price???Do you not want to purchase with the least amount of cash flow? I did not say the greed factor did not apply to me. You are the one that made the personal attack about my opinion!
I did not get an increase of 20% from Brighthouse, I do not have a contract with Brighthouse. My experience with these types of increase are usually related to originally obtaining service under a promotion and when the promotion runs out the price goes up. I have never heard or experienced an increase that is targeted at an individual. I made the attack on your opinion that it was greed that motivated their actions. I strongly disagree that every time some company needs to increase prices or change plans it is tied to greed and somehow that is the answer to all of it. I'm now done with this thread.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 04-27-2015, 08:13 PM
Veteran member
Question

Quote:
I did not get an increase of 20% from Brighthouse, I do not have a contract with Brighthouse. My experience with these types of increase are usually related to originally obtaining service under a promotion and when the promotion runs out the price goes up. I have never heard or experienced an increase that is targeted at an individual. I made the attack on your opinion that it was greed that motivated their actions. I strongly disagree that every time some company needs to increase prices or change plans it is tied to greed and somehow that is the answer to all of it. I'm now done with this thread.
Thanks for the second partial reply . I will take it all at face value but I will continue to wonder what you would do IF you received a unannounced 20% increase in any type of service at your home? I did NOT ask you if you had Brighthouse or what services you had. Just wanted to know what you would do and honestly how you would feel if it were you since you were critical of my feelings.

Glad your done!
Old 05-06-2015, 02:59 PM

I agree with your assessment. The folks at BH are very nice and helpful but the equipment sucks. My bill: phone, internet, tv (no premium channels) is $170 month. Technicians have been to my location 10 times in the past 2 years; sometimes it's the modem, sometimes it's their equipment 'down the street' that needs upgraded, sometimes it's nothing... the problem goes away. The biggest problem I've had is dreadfully inconsistent internet. It will slow down to next to nothing. Rebooting sometimes helps but the other times BH will 'change something' or reset from their location to fix it.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM
Sage

I don't disagree with your comments necessarily. However, I would prefer the 10 visits in 2 years compared to the terrible service and scams of Comcast.
Old 05-06-2015, 07:28 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

I'm quite the opposite. I would rather have horrible customer service, the latest greatest state of the art equipment and rock solid reliability as opposed to outstanding world class customer service, terribly out dated equipment and reliability issues.

(full disclosure, I'm a Comcast dealer)

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
Old 05-07-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesAV.com View Post
I'm quite the opposite. I would rather have horrible customer service, the latest greatest state of the art equipment and rock solid reliability as opposed to outstanding world class customer service, terribly out dated equipment and reliability issues.

(full disclosure, I'm a Comcast dealer)
If Comcast equipment were as Dependable as you state, maybe it would make a difference. I had Comcast for two years and BrightHouse for the last year. I've had BH out once, to upgrade to echo wifi. In two years with Comcast, we had 3 service calls for equipment failures - the last one of which left me without phone service for 4 days.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:25 AM

I've had Brighthouse for the past 10 years in Melbourne, FL. For 7 yrs I was very happy, however the last 3 years my bill keeps rising. First it was my promotion ended, then they tacked on sports channels I don't watch. To keep my bill lower I reduced my internet speed, gave up Encore channels and Movie Pass. In spite of all that this months bill is up a few dollars again. When I call to check on any new promotions I'm told that I have the best deal. So.... I'm looking in to DirecTV. Visited Sam's Club and their rep told me that some time this summer DTV will offer internet as well as TV. Also if you sign up at Sam's they are offering a $200 gift card.
Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
I have had Direct TV for about 10 years.
While I think their service is fine, their costs have become prohibitive.

Not a huge TV watcher but do like my local programming in addition to The Golf Channel, History, Discovery and several others.

I have a "Genie" with 3 mini's and have total choice package and my bill has been $145 per month NOT INCLUDING INTERNET OR HOUSE PHONE!!!!

May I ask what you folks are paying and are you happy?

Thank you.
I just got a quote yesterday and I think their package for internet & TV runs $115. I got several extras as I am a sports fan and a higher speed internet and my bill will be $160 total. I was paying Directv $168 and internet with a low speed internet was $65. The pricing seems fair to me and was recommended by many on this website. I too had Directv for many years and thought highly of their signal but just did not want to pay what they required. Brighthouse also has no contract to sign so you can cancel or change your package at any time.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have had Dish for about 2 years, and I have been happy with it. Much, much better than my old cable service. The monthly charge is about $98 total, but it has been creeping up a few dollars at a time for supposedly for new contracts with Fox, etc (used to be about $86). I have DVR service also, and it is great; 2 terabytes of storage. I get about 200+ channels, lots of them music. The service is good; they moved my service for free when I moved. The picture is better than cable (I think). The only downside is loss of signal during storms.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Veteran member

We have Century link on TV, Phone and Internet. We have had many times when the service suddenly drops and then comes back on in 5 minutes or so. They have come many times and it works for a while and then stops again. We have had another outage and now our DVR doesn't work. They reset it, but have lost all taped shows on our DVR.
Is this normal or does everyone have these issues?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.