Happy with Brighthouse TV????

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 04-27-2015, 08:59 AM
yabbadu yabbadu is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You made my point....thanks.
What is your point???? Can you respond to my question without re-phrasing it like you did with my original post. How do you know what I pay is cheap if you do not know what I pay????

What is your point???
  #32  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:07 AM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
What is your point???? Can you respond to my question without re-phrasing it like you did with my original post. How do you know what I pay is cheap if you do not know what I pay????

What is your point???
You said you will pay a reasonable price.....what is a reasonable price. You determine what that is. The provider sells his stuff at what he considers a reasonable price. You think they are greedy. Your reasonable price is the same thing in reverse but you don't see it that way. When we take your approach (and there is nothing wrong with your approach since it works for you) we feel we got a deal even though you may not get the apples for apples (Comcast, Brighthouse, Direct TV etc all have different values). Since you want to purchase with the least amount of cash outflow I see no difference from the vendor that wants to sell with the most amount of cash inflow. I get annoyed when someone throws the "greed" card around and thinks it doesn't apply to them and only those that have invested in a business are greedy. We are all greedy, we just define it differently when it applies to us. I hope that answers your question.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #33  
Old 04-27-2015, 10:46 AM
yabbadu yabbadu is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
You said you will pay a reasonable price.....what is a reasonable price. You determine what that is. The provider sells his stuff at what he considers a reasonable price. You think they are greedy. Your reasonable price is the same thing in reverse but you don't see it that way. When we take your approach (and there is nothing wrong with your approach since it works for you) we feel we got a deal even though you may not get the apples for apples (Comcast, Brighthouse, Direct TV etc all have different values). Since you want to purchase with the least amount of cash outflow I see no difference from the vendor that wants to sell with the most amount of cash inflow. I get annoyed when someone throws the "greed" card around and thinks it doesn't apply to them and only those that have invested in a business are greedy. We are all greedy, we just define it differently when it applies to us. I hope that answers your question.
Thanks for the reply but still want to know if you would accept a 20% increase in any one of your home services without being displeased with that providers services at the new price???Do you not want to purchase with the least amount of cash flow? I did not say the greed factor did not apply to me. You are the one that made the personal attack about my opinion!
  #34  
Old 04-27-2015, 01:22 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 4,350
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,794 Times in 672 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
Thanks for the reply but still want to know if you would accept a 20% increase in any one of your home services without being displeased with that providers services at the new price???Do you not want to purchase with the least amount of cash flow? I did not say the greed factor did not apply to me. You are the one that made the personal attack about my opinion!
I did not get an increase of 20% from Brighthouse, I do not have a contract with Brighthouse. My experience with these types of increase are usually related to originally obtaining service under a promotion and when the promotion runs out the price goes up. I have never heard or experienced an increase that is targeted at an individual. I made the attack on your opinion that it was greed that motivated their actions. I strongly disagree that every time some company needs to increase prices or change plans it is tied to greed and somehow that is the answer to all of it. I'm now done with this thread.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
  #35  
Old 04-27-2015, 08:13 PM
yabbadu yabbadu is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 58 Times in 30 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
I did not get an increase of 20% from Brighthouse, I do not have a contract with Brighthouse. My experience with these types of increase are usually related to originally obtaining service under a promotion and when the promotion runs out the price goes up. I have never heard or experienced an increase that is targeted at an individual. I made the attack on your opinion that it was greed that motivated their actions. I strongly disagree that every time some company needs to increase prices or change plans it is tied to greed and somehow that is the answer to all of it. I'm now done with this thread.
Thanks for the second partial reply . I will take it all at face value but I will continue to wonder what you would do IF you received a unannounced 20% increase in any type of service at your home? I did NOT ask you if you had Brighthouse or what services you had. Just wanted to know what you would do and honestly how you would feel if it were you since you were critical of my feelings.

Glad your done!
  #36  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:59 PM
jimlocke jimlocke is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I agree with your assessment. The folks at BH are very nice and helpful but the equipment sucks. My bill: phone, internet, tv (no premium channels) is $170 month. Technicians have been to my location 10 times in the past 2 years; sometimes it's the modem, sometimes it's their equipment 'down the street' that needs upgraded, sometimes it's nothing... the problem goes away. The biggest problem I've had is dreadfully inconsistent internet. It will slow down to next to nothing. Rebooting sometimes helps but the other times BH will 'change something' or reset from their location to fix it.
  #37  
Old 05-06-2015, 03:14 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

I don't disagree with your comments necessarily. However, I would prefer the 10 visits in 2 years compared to the terrible service and scams of Comcast.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #38  
Old 05-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Villager Audio Video's Avatar
Villager Audio Video Villager Audio Video is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Village of St James
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm quite the opposite. I would rather have horrible customer service, the latest greatest state of the art equipment and rock solid reliability as opposed to outstanding world class customer service, terribly out dated equipment and reliability issues.

(full disclosure, I'm a Comcast dealer)
__________________
https://VillagerAV.com

Call or txt anytime @ (352) 388-1677

Tom@VillagerAV.com
  #39  
Old 05-07-2015, 07:13 AM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesAV.com View Post
I'm quite the opposite. I would rather have horrible customer service, the latest greatest state of the art equipment and rock solid reliability as opposed to outstanding world class customer service, terribly out dated equipment and reliability issues.

(full disclosure, I'm a Comcast dealer)
If Comcast equipment were as Dependable as you state, maybe it would make a difference. I had Comcast for two years and BrightHouse for the last year. I've had BH out once, to upgrade to echo wifi. In two years with Comcast, we had 3 service calls for equipment failures - the last one of which left me without phone service for 4 days.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #40  
Old 05-07-2015, 09:25 AM
vinricci's Avatar
vinricci vinricci is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 229
Thanks: 0
Thanked 86 Times in 39 Posts
Default

I've had Brighthouse for the past 10 years in Melbourne, FL. For 7 yrs I was very happy, however the last 3 years my bill keeps rising. First it was my promotion ended, then they tacked on sports channels I don't watch. To keep my bill lower I reduced my internet speed, gave up Encore channels and Movie Pass. In spite of all that this months bill is up a few dollars again. When I call to check on any new promotions I'm told that I have the best deal. So.... I'm looking in to DirecTV. Visited Sam's Club and their rep told me that some time this summer DTV will offer internet as well as TV. Also if you sign up at Sam's they are offering a $200 gift card.
  #41  
Old 05-07-2015, 10:35 AM
gpirate gpirate is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ks., Ne, Ia, Mo, Co, Ga, now TV
Posts: 220
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotme View Post
I have had Direct TV for about 10 years.
While I think their service is fine, their costs have become prohibitive.

Not a huge TV watcher but do like my local programming in addition to The Golf Channel, History, Discovery and several others.

I have a "Genie" with 3 mini's and have total choice package and my bill has been $145 per month NOT INCLUDING INTERNET OR HOUSE PHONE!!!!

May I ask what you folks are paying and are you happy?

Thank you.
I just got a quote yesterday and I think their package for internet & TV runs $115. I got several extras as I am a sports fan and a higher speed internet and my bill will be $160 total. I was paying Directv $168 and internet with a low speed internet was $65. The pricing seems fair to me and was recommended by many on this website. I too had Directv for many years and thought highly of their signal but just did not want to pay what they required. Brighthouse also has no contract to sign so you can cancel or change your package at any time.
__________________
I got to thinking one day about all those people on the Titanic who passed up dessert at dinner that fateful night in an effort to cut back. From then on, I've tried to be a little more flexible.
  #42  
Old 05-07-2015, 12:16 PM
outlaw outlaw is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have had Dish for about 2 years, and I have been happy with it. Much, much better than my old cable service. The monthly charge is about $98 total, but it has been creeping up a few dollars at a time for supposedly for new contracts with Fox, etc (used to be about $86). I have DVR service also, and it is great; 2 terabytes of storage. I get about 200+ channels, lots of them music. The service is good; they moved my service for free when I moved. The picture is better than cable (I think). The only downside is loss of signal during storms.
  #43  
Old 05-09-2015, 12:07 PM
skyc6 skyc6 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 517
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

We have Century link on TV, Phone and Internet. We have had many times when the service suddenly drops and then comes back on in 5 minutes or so. They have come many times and it works for a while and then stops again. We have had another outage and now our DVR doesn't work. They reset it, but have lost all taped shows on our DVR.
Is this normal or does everyone have these issues?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 AM.