The 7 Stages of Covid

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2021, 08:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Actually no, you're not. I was exposed to COVID-19 for the better part of a year, on a regular basis. I got the vaccine only after people my age were authorized to get one, in April.

I was already immune. I got the vaccine anyway "just to make sure." I've been better protected than you all along. But I might have passed it to you at any time. I wouldn't know, because I haven't experienced any symptoms and didn't care enough to get tested. I masked, but masks aren't foolproof. I social distanced, but I might have sneezed once or twice in front of other people.

I did everything I felt was the right thing to do, and I stayed healthy throughout. If I got you sick because you chose not to do the right thing, well - woops.
You were “already immune to Covid”?!? Just because you were “exposed” to Covid previously and didn’t get it, doesn’t make you immune!
🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
Old 09-22-2021, 08:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
There's a little word you missed, that turns it into something that makes sense. The word is "as."

The vaccine is not AS effective against the delta variant, AS it is against the original strains.

It's a comparative, I won't insult your intelligence by explaining to you the parts of English grammar. You can look that stuff up yourself.
Why so nasty and rude????
Old 09-22-2021, 08:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I’m all for the Regeneron treatment for anyone who qualifies for it. It is a wonderful thing that there is a treatment that works for Covid.

Does this Regeneron treatment have FULL FDA APPROVAL like the Pfizer vaccine does? Just wondering.

It surprises me that non vaxers would use the regeneron treatment... isn't that going against all they believe and preach...how convenient.

Last edited by Spalumbos62; 09-22-2021 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 09-22-2021, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
If it makes her/him a bit less frustrated, they should read the study that shows "Covid Hospitalizations are overstated by 50%. If someone goes to ICU with burst appendix, they get tested for covid. If positive they are counted as a covid patient.
If this is the way “the system” is counting the amount of occupied ICU beds, then this data is as skewed at the number of Covid deaths.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:32 AM

How did you get meds and which ones ahead of time?
Old 09-22-2021, 09:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notsocrates View Post
THIS IS ACCURATE.
i am a retired PA and my daughter is a hospitalist who could have written it.
There is no doubt in my mind that the OP described a very accurate scenario. Respiratory therapists are right there on the front lines along with doctors and nurses that are dealing with this every day. I thank every one of them for their dedication and skills.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Didn't they report that the vaccine was not effective against the delta variant?
Just the opposite. The Moderna vaccine actually is faring better than the Pfizer vaccine with a real life efficiency that remains in the high 80s to 90s percent and those percentages do include the Delta variant.

I figure my immunity is in the high 80s at this point because of my age but that is just a gut feeling I have. I had a “kick ass” side effect after my second Moderna shot so I know my immune system works very well. Now I’m beginning to reconsider getting the booster so soon. I have to discuss the booster with my PCP, hopefully today.
Old 09-22-2021, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just the opposite. The Moderna vaccine actually is faring better than the Pfizer vaccine with a real life efficiency that remains in the high 80s to 90s percent and those percentages do include the Delta variant.

I figure my immunity is in the high 80s at this point because of my age but that is just a gut feeling I have. I had a “kick ass” side effect after my second Moderna shot so I know my immune system works very well. Now I’m beginning to reconsider getting the booster so soon. I have to discuss the booster with my PCP, hopefully today.
Well, considering neither the FDA, nor the CDC nor Moderna has approved/recommended an booster yet...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-22-2021, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Well, considering neither the FDA, nor the CDC nor Moderna has approved/recommended an booster yet...
F.D.A. Panel Recommends Pfizer Boosters for Those Over 65 or at Risk - The New York Times

Three people we know have received them already.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I'm sorry, but 6 pages ago on this thread you posted the same ridiculous claim regarding "viral loads" and chances of getting COVID from a vaccinated person. So now, 6 pages later, you will get the same response:

Point of clarification before that post misinforms even more people:

Vaccinated people who have breakthrough and carry the virus can have viral loads equal to the unvaccinated. HOWEVER, the percentage of those vaccinated people carrying the virus is very, very low. A number of posts that refer to "viral load" are making it sound like just as many vaccinated people are running around with the same viral load as the unvaccinated. That is far, far from true. It's sort of like stating that fully clothed people who contract poison ivy in the woods have exactly the same lesions as naked people who ran through the woods without stating that 95% of the naked people got poison ivy while only 0.1% of the clothed did. Which group do you think will need the most calamine lotion?
HOWEVER, the percentage of those vaccinated people carrying the virus is very, very low.

"Very very low?" Not according to the CDC

Among the 469 cases in Massachusetts residents, 346 (74%) occurred in persons who were fully vaccinated; of these, 301 (87%) were male, with a median age of 42 years. Vaccine products received by persons experiencing breakthrough infections were Pfizer-BioNTech (159; 46%), Moderna (131; 38%), and Janssen (56; 16%); among fully vaccinated persons in the Massachusetts general population, 56% had received Pfizer-BioNTech, 38% had received Moderna, and 7% had received Janssen vaccine products. Among persons with breakthrough infection, 274 (79%) reported signs or symptoms, with the most common being cough, headache, sore throat, myalgia, and fever.

79% percent does not sound very very low to me.

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021 | MMWR
Old 09-22-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Actually no, you're not. I was exposed to COVID-19 for the better part of a year, on a regular basis. I got the vaccine only after people my age were authorized to get one, in April.

I was already immune. I got the vaccine anyway "just to make sure." I've been better protected than you all along. But I might have passed it to you at any time. I wouldn't know, because I haven't experienced any symptoms and didn't care enough to get tested. I masked, but masks aren't foolproof. I social distanced, but I might have sneezed once or twice in front of other people.

I did everything I felt was the right thing to do, and I stayed healthy throughout. If I got you sick because you chose not to do the right thing, well - woops.
Sorry but unless you have proof that you actually contracted covid, the above is totally wrong. Saying you "were exposed" to covid is not the same thing as saying "I have natural immunity as a covid survivor"

This data from Israel shows the relative percentages of protection for various categories ( unvaxed, vaxed 6 months ago, vaxed recently, vaxed plus booster, covid survivor, covid survivor plus booster)

israel-data-jpg
Old 09-22-2021, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Where did you get the "FAR more deaths and illness" information? The numbers I can find indicate about 300,000 deaths per year from obesity which is about 1/2 the number of deaths attributed to COVID.

When the "fat slobs" fill the hospital beds and cause a problem for me and my family I will worry about it.

When the "fat slobs" infect me and my family and cause us to be fat slobs too then I will worry about it.

And in answer to your other question, when the "fat slobs" impact the health care system and society in general in the same way the unvaccinated are today, THEN it might make sense for the Govt. to issue mandates. For obesity, that is not the case today and it hasn't been the case in the past. For the unvaccinated it most certainly is.
Wrong. Anyone can do a little research and find that obesity is far more costly in terms of $ and death than covid. Especially when you consider that obesity (along with age) is a major factor in covid deaths.

Not fat = longer, happier life.

If you want to get vaccinates, go for it. If it's effective, why should you care if people are unvaccinated. In other words, mind your own business and keep out of mine.

People should do their own research re: deats from obesity vs covid. But covid has become a religion so facts are becoming irrelevant. True believers are going to believe. It's now faith-based with fat nurses as priests.

Less than 400 Americans under age 18 have died from covid. And those are probably inflated numbers too.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
How do the unvaccinated hurt you? Following the science, the vaccinated carry as much of a viral load as the unvaccinated. People need to stop the bullying.
It's a now a crusade for many of the vaccinated. The unvaccinated must be converted, by word or sword.

Did you see the Australian cops pepper-spraying the 70-year old lady while she lay helpless on the ground?

Soon...
Old 09-22-2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The total population of Denmark does NOT MATTER in any way when you express the PERCENTAGE of the population that is vaccinated. That is why I bothered to put in %. The point is that Denmark is full of ROCKET SCIENTISTS compared to the US, which has a high % of illiterates that won't bother to study Medical Science, when foxy Loxcy and Qanon and other dark sites have STOLEN their minds!
.......And I agree that the southern border could cause a surge from UNvaccinated alien "tourists".
Most Americans are confused by percentages. And geography.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,919 Times in 4,144 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
HOWEVER, the percentage of those vaccinated people carrying the virus is very, very low.

"Very very low?" Not according to the CDC

Among the 469 cases in Massachusetts residents, 346 (74%) occurred in persons who were fully vaccinated; of these, 301 (87%) were male, with a median age of 42 years. Vaccine products received by persons experiencing breakthrough infections were Pfizer-BioNTech (159; 46%), Moderna (131; 38%), and Janssen (56; 16%); among fully vaccinated persons in the Massachusetts general population, 56% had received Pfizer-BioNTech, 38% had received Moderna, and 7% had received Janssen vaccine products. Among persons with breakthrough infection, 274 (79%) reported signs or symptoms, with the most common being cough, headache, sore throat, myalgia, and fever.

79% percent does not sound very very low to me.

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021 | MMWR
You are quoting data from a single large gathering in a single county in one state that involved less than 500 people. IN NO WAY can that be extrapolated into the hundreds of millions that have been vaccinated. Try again.
Closed Thread

Tags
stage, oxygen, hospital, vaccinated, blood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.