The 7 Stages of Covid

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2021, 09:40 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with that post. Boomerperson for king of the world! All hail the king!
He has my vote for King. Love his posts.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:51 PM

You ought to be ashamed!!!
Old 09-21-2021, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
YAAAY!

Another vaccination thread that will change exactly no one's mind.
Agreed. The mind changer will be when it hits home.
Old 09-21-2021, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Population of Denmark = LESS THAN 6 million

Good for Denmark. NYC has a larger population.
It is rumored that The Villages has a vaccination rate of around 85%.
CV is NOT gaining in strength. It has gained in the infection rate.

Since we have millions flowing into our country via the Southern border, we must make room for them, so Covid is working slowly but fairly efficiently. After all, with Global Warming the tree huggers should be very happy. Less bodies to produce flatulence.
Second Try: You ought to be ashamed!
Old 09-21-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I have never done a cut-and-paste from a published article, but that's the only way I could do this. Unlike other cut-and-pastes I have seen that often do not cite the source, I will do so. . .

This is what is known to research as a primary source. Primary sources are defined as first-hand accounts of a topic by people who had a connection with it.

The following article was published in the Op-Ed section of the LA Times, August 26, 2021. The writer is Karen Gallardo, a respiratory therapist at Community Memorial Hospital in Ventura.

(In spite of the disagreements we Villagers can have sometimes on TOTV, I think most of us have sense enough to have been vaccinated. We duly vaccinated, older and (sometimes) wiser, people do not seem to be the age-group that welcomed Covid back to another rampant run.

I have boomer friends who cannot get their adult children to be vaccinated -- not to protect their own children, not to protect themselves, and not to protect their "old" parents. Family dynamics for some are getting downright weird. . .but. . .I digress.)

Here's the article. Read it and weep.

Boomer

ll.

Karen Gallardo is a respiratory therapist at Commun
Old 09-21-2021, 11:25 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Awesome, good for you!

Meanwhile, my sister ended up sick as a dog for three months, because of someone JUST LIKE YOU.

The downside is, she -can't- vaccinate because of a bloodclotting disorder. So people JUST LIKE YOU will continue roaming freely, coughing their way through life.
According to the vast majority of studies I’ve read, now I most likely have superior antibodies compared to those who have been vaccinated. My cough is gone and now I’m better protected from variants than you…
Old 09-22-2021, 02:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,188 Times in 1,938 Posts

Quote:
Great post! Alabama has more deaths than births for the 1st time ever - a record brought about by the people like the one in that picture UNDER the graveyard marker. And a sendoff with so much PAIN. But, he/she like so many Alabamians showed "those government stooges" how to have "free spirit" and how to die for that GREAT CAUSE of.........now what was that cause again? Oh yeah, it goes something like - reject empathy for other humans and think about only themselves.......yeah, that free will. But, write out that paper WILL 1st before you go to your anti-vaxxer meetings.

Maybe that US overpopulation situation is SELF-CORRECTING. An old-timey great philosopher once said something like - wars and pestulance will keep the world's population in check!
Speaking of Alabama. THIS could happen anywhere USA.........

Alabama man dies after being turned away from 43 Covid-filled hospitals | The Independent
Old 09-22-2021, 04:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,015 Times in 4,176 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Gardasil doesn't "prevent cancer". It prevents HPV - human papilloma virus. HPV isn't cancer. It's a virus (thus, the V in HPV). HPV is the leading cause of cervical cancer, but doesn't always cause it. In fact, most adult woman have, or have had at some point in their lives, HPV, and most of them haven't ever had cervical cancer. In addition, there are women who have (or had) cervical cancer but didn't (don't) have HPV.
Are you asking me or telling me????
Old 09-22-2021, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I am aware of all this. Fact remains, the exact formula that makes up the Pfizer vaccine, under another name, has full FDA approval.
Yes but that will not hold up in court.
Old 09-22-2021, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,516 Times in 1,914 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Are you asking me or telling me????
I think she was telling ME.

My dear friend Ruthie used the Yiddish word kvetch when people became annoyed over nothing.

Or having the last word. I miss Ruthie so much. She was our next door neighbor and she died of cancer.

My point was only to say that a vaccine against one form of cancer does exist.

My personal belief is that we will have more wins against cancer in all of it's form in the future because very smart scientists have unlocked the human genome and we understand more and more about how our bodies fight disease.

I am from Ohio where I was taught you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2021 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
I wholeheartedly agree with that post. Boomerperson for king of the world! All hail the king!
Again, I applaud Boomer's post. It has really placed this in perspective. So needed. Excellent.

But Boomer is a woman. She is a retired teacher from Cincinnati. She is a very smart woman.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think she was telling me.

My dear friend Ruthie used to call it being a Kvetch.

Or having the last word. I miss Ruthie so much. She was our next door neighbor and she died of cancer.

My point was only to say that a vaccine against one form of cancer does exist.

My personal belief is that we will have more wins against cancer in all of it's form in the future because very smart scientists have unlocked the human genome and we understand more and more about how our bodies fight disease.

I am from Ohio where I was taught you can catch more flies with honey than you can with vinegar.
She actually quoted my post. She just didn't realize that I simply jumped from "A" (HPV vaccine) to "C" (cervical cancer prevention) without the full explanation. I very much doubt she didn't think I knew what Gardasil was.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
She actually quoted my post. She just didn't realize that I simply jumped from "A" (HPV vaccine) to "C" (cervical cancer prevention) without the full explanation. I very much doubt she didn't think I knew what Gardasil was.
I know. But before you pointed it out, so did I. I too said that young teens have been routinely vaccinated against HPV since 2006. It was among other things to stop Cervical cancer. Scroll back.

I am very grateful for your expert advice.

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-22-2021 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,289 Times in 453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlsondm View Post
Good that you have a plan. We hope it works for you. I’ll bet you plan a trip to the hospital if things go wrong. This is the situation the health care workers don’t want.

You chose to go rogue. That is ok. Part of that choice should be to give up your priority in the hospitals. Too many of the unvaxed are in ICU. Did they not get Mca in time? Maybe they missed that part of the plan. That is why the vaccine is a big deal.

Personally, I have your plan and the vaccine in my plan. I will gamble with my money, but not so with my life.
It worked great…….
Old 09-22-2021, 06:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
It worked great…….
Glad to hear it, stay healthy.

Unfortunately, on a larger scale (like more than 1 person), that strategy falls somewhere between:

"I'd rather be lucky than good" and
"Momma always said stupid is as stupid does"
Closed Thread

Tags
stage, oxygen, hospital, vaccinated, blood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.