What has the clergy said?

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2020, 03:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I can tell you what my minister said about 20 years ago. Racist, bigot, prejudice are not interchangeable words. Being racist as it was once defined was to prefer one race over another and that is a normal human reaction. When it becomes “sinful” is what we choose to do with that preference. Racism has been in existence ever since the world began. It’s what we choose to do with it that matters. Don’t flame me, you asked what the clergy has to say.
Old 09-03-2020, 11:11 PM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy! It matters not what color or anything else. No matter how it’s dressed up n smooth over, we all will give account!
Old 09-04-2020, 07:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Little Experience

A large part of our citizens have not seen the real racism that exists in a number of communities. When I was young I was witness to the large KKK groups in Western Pa. I have also seen the KKK in N.C. My father was a Preacher for over 50 years and preached in small coal mining towns in Western Pa and Churches in NC where there was exposures to these groups. In some cases the role of the African American is believed to be based on some scripture in the Bible. This is true racism and is indicative of the difficulty that is faced in eradicating the scourge. We were never allowed to show even the slightest of racism and where possible to support the Afro-American. Having said this I prefer the small churches in our communities as you can rest assured the Preacher is preaching out of dedication and is not deep in the politics of the Church. What can he do? In one of my father's churches, once a year he exchanged pulpits with
the Preacher in the Black congreation along with the Choir's. That's a start. It's not what your Minister is saying it is what he is DOING.
Closed Thread

Tags
clergy, hear, interested, person, topic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.