The Thread About NOTHING

Old 04-19-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
You're right about that. I don't have firsthand experience, but they say it is in the top 5 most difficult drug addictions to quit. Heroin is touted as being #1, but there is much discussion about nicotine being right up there with heroin.

Having had family members with nicotine addiction, I give NOTHING but major kudos to those who have successfully quit.
New Years day past was 4 years for me. Sometimes I smell cigarette smoke and it chokes the life outta me. Other times it smells like the finest cologne. It is the toughest thing I ever quit. Nothing but Double Ammonia (on purpose) could get me to quit or keep me from starting. I just pull that memory upon the mental screen when I'm tempted. When we got to Florida and I saw $5.00 a pack I started thinking Hmmmm, maybe. Not for today anyway.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
New Years day past was 4 years for me. Sometimes I smell cigarette smoke and it chokes the life outta me. Other times it smells like the finest cologne. It is the toughest thing I ever quit. Nothing but Double Ammonia (on purpose) could get me to quit or keep me from starting. I just pull that memory upon the mental screen when I'm tempted. When we got to Florida and I saw $5.00 a pack I started thinking Hmmmm, maybe. Not for today anyway.
Nucky, you really have it down. NOTHING like one day at a time mentality and lots of prayer.

Btw, I told you that you were my inspiration to get on a better track as far as eating goes. I'm on my 8th day of my new eating plan and I'm feeling great! I keep having the same thoughts as you mention in your post when I'm tempted to eat something that I have written off. I think about how it would make me feel afterward and say NOTHING doing. For me, it truly is a sensitivity to certain food items that just don't agree with my body. Not worth the side effects so to speak.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Nucky, you really have it down. NOTHING like one day at a time mentality and lots of prayer.

Btw, I told you that you were my inspiration to get on a better track as far as eating goes. I'm on my 8th day of my new eating plan and I'm feeling great! I keep having the same thoughts as you mention in your post when I'm tempted to eat something that I have written off. I think about how it would make me feel afterward and say NOTHING doing. For me, it truly is a sensitivity to certain food items that just don't agree with my body. Not worth the side effects so to speak.
Nothing like eating the foods that don't agree with a person. Diverticulitis or losis I don't know which one is rough. Mrs. Nucky suffering through it now. Bland, Totally Clear Diet, YUCK.

I find that pain is the great motivator. Only when backed into a corner do I straighten up and fly right. In our house food is Love. But too much is a no goodski. I'm learning, never to late.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I think we're all paying for the sins of our youth. Why couldn't we have been smarter? Getting older should be NOTHING but fun, not painful..
Truer words have never been spoken. All in All in regard to the past, good or bad I would change NOTHING! What a ride its been. Yipppeeee.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,512 Times in 2,289 Posts

A whole lot of NOTHING going on today..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 04-19-2018, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
A whole lot of NOTHING going on today..
Yeah, and what's even sadder is I have NOTHING to account for my absence from NOTHING.
Old 04-19-2018, 09:35 PM
Sage

I'm tired. Out looking at new digs all day. Just when I was getting ready to give up. BINGO. Now let's see if we can put it together. Otherwise, we have Nothing. They might as well give in right away and save their supply of Excedrin.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,374 Times in 2,089 Posts
Wink

Quote:
I'm tired. Out looking at new digs all day. Just when I was getting ready to give up. BINGO. Now let's see if we can put it together. Otherwise, we have Nothing. They might as well give in right away and save their supply of Excedrin.
NOTHING comes from not trying, Nucky. Good luck.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yeah, and what's even sadder is I have NOTHING to account for my absence from NOTHING.
So you were AWON? Absent without NOTHING.. Our version of AWOL.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:43 PM
Sage

Quote:
Are you getting ready to move? I hope when we move to The Villages it's our last move. NOTHING worse in my book than moving.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Here's another quote that I think W, especially, will like -

"NOTHING in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."

by Martin Luther King, Jr

Very contemporary in today’s non-NOTHING environment. But as they say, and this too shall pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2018, 11:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Are you getting ready to move? I hope when we move to The Villages it's our last move. NOTHING worse in my book than moving.

Once you get a taste of Florida by way of TV you’ll soon realize that the Sunshine State has much more than TV can offer by way of good restaurants, much better medical care, diversity, non homogenous neighborhoods, real water views ( not retention ponds ), non homogenous people, etc. This is the 3rd largest state by population for a reason and TV is all but 2% of that. Never think never when it comes to moving. NOTHING has ever kept me from doing what I needed to do by that little voice inside my head whom I trust with my life.

Old 04-19-2018, 11:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Once you get a taste of Florida by way of TV you’ll soon realize that the Sunshine State has much more than TV can offer by way of good restaurants, much better medical care, diversity, non homogenous neighborhoods, real water views ( not retention ponds ), non homogenous people, etc. This is the 3rd largest state by population for a reason and TV is all but 2% of that. Never think never when it comes to moving. NOTHING has ever kept me from doing what I needed to do by that little voice inside my head whom I trust with my life.

I'm NOTHING but lazy by nature. It doesn't take a whole lot to keep me content. When I get somewhere I tend to put down roots.. NOTHING will make me move unless it's really bad.

As long as the crime is low and the sun is high and nobody complains when I fire up the smoker I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy. We don't need fancy restaurants or fancy clothes or cars.. Just make sure we're within an hour or so of an airport or cruise terminal.. lol

Old 04-20-2018, 02:28 AM
Sage

Couldn't sleep so I'm UP (where's jsw?) checking on you guys. Glad to see the gang is (almost) all here.

W's response after Nucky's post has me NOTHING but concerned though. Nucky, when you say new digs, I took it as still in The Villages. I hope I'm right. And W, I hope you're not considering moving because if you do surely the ship will sink. You guys can't leave before K and I even get there! Den mother's orders!
Old 04-20-2018, 04:59 AM
Sage

Oh yeah. Our plan is to finish out our days in TV'S. I'm saying buyers market now. There are some good deals now on the pre-owned stock. I don't like calling a house used as some people do, makes it sound like we are looking at a Volvo. Anyway fingers crossed. Nothing but good coming our way.

Not popular to say but we also love Fenney and building new in the Hysterical Section is still possible. Only the Nose Knows!!! Time will tell.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.