The Thread About NOTHING

Old 12-11-2018, 09:27 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post

No swinging from the Chandelier or a Lamp Shade on your head like last year Mrs. FW. Three parties in one week, not sure I could do it. Unless they ended by 9 PM. LOL.
Who told you? I think that all of them NOTHING but will be over by 9 PM
Old 12-11-2018, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
201, 426 views for a very slow Sunday on Talk of the Villages. This for 8:00 Am EST 12/10/2018.

Kind of a cold and dreary morning.
201, 933 views as of 9:25 AM EST 12/11/2018 for the NOTHING thread.

Slow day. I picked up some Christmas wrapping paper and Dee Dee said I had a lot of Christmas presents to give. Not really just stocking up for next year and maybe even the one after that. Dee Dee is a cashier I am familiar with a little bit. I often put the cashier's names in my Where's George entries if I know these names. Only works when I pay in cash though which is only some of the time.

Do have to get Xmas packages out soon though.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,350 Times in 2,071 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
Were they being driven by a bunch of Santas? I passed about 20 of them on Hillsborough Trail around 5pm or so.
Some had Xmas trappings on their golf carts but it was dark and I was trying to make sure I did not side-swipe one of the golf carts so my eyes were pretty much on where their tires were going. And not for NOTHING.

We did this Christmas light golf cart train a few years ago. There were about 18 of us and we had dinner in a country club before heading out. Quite fun but we were really moving in the golf carts heading towards Dunkirk Trail. And then it started raining. My "date" handled all my golf cart driving well. I went with one of the widows in my neighborhood.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:50 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Some had Xmas trappings on their golf carts but it was dark and I was trying to make sure I did not side-swipe one of the golf carts so my eyes were pretty much on where their tires were going. And not for NOTHING.

We did this Christmas light golf cart train a few years ago. There were about 18 of us and we had dinner in a country club before heading out. Quite fun but we were really moving in the golf carts heading towards Dunkirk Trail. And then it started raining. My "date" handled all my golf cart driving well. I went with one of the widows in my neighborhood.
That sounds like so much fun you should do it again. We went to Dunkirk in 2016 and it was amazing. We went again last year and could not believe how much more traffic there was. Hopefully when it warms up a bit we might try it this year and hope for NOTHING but the best.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Have a safe trip home.
The best way to get over one trip is to NOTHING but start planning the next..
So that's why you plan another trip before you've even taken the first one you planned - lol. Definitely a good idea though. And the next trip to TV may come with NOTHING but the added bonus of meeting you and Mrs K. That's if we're not already moved there by then.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
That sounds like so much fun you should do it again. We went to Dunkirk in 2016 and it was amazing. We went again last year and could not believe how much more traffic there was. Hopefully when it warms up a bit we might try it this year and hope for NOTHING but the best.
Can you believe we all may be seeing this wonderful light show for the last time? We were NOTHING but told by two different residents that this will be the last year.

I'm not sure if its the extreme amount of work and expense or if they want to give the neighbors who are not into it a break which sounds very fair to me. The people who put this together year after year are amazing people and we Thank You for the beautiful show.

There is a spot near the end of the show where they are accepting canned good and the like to donate and they are also accepting cash which goes to others, not for the operation of the massive light show.

We will miss them a lot but Thank You Again for everything.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
So that's why you plan another trip before you've even taken the first one you planned - lol. Definitely a good idea though. And the next trip to TV may come with NOTHING but the added bonus of meeting you and Mrs K. That's if we're not already moved there by then.
NOTHING but Bada Bing! I hope the bet ends in a tie! Everybody wins!
Old 12-11-2018, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Glad to hear you made it home safely but sad you had to leave. Today is supposed to be the last cold day here and then it is supposed to warm up again. I don't really mind the cold too much since it reminds me why I am here. We have NOTHING but 3 parties this week so I may need some naps.
Quote:
Glad yous guys made it home safely Mrs. Abby. Thank God no delays or snow, Yuck.

Let's keep the positive thoughts going for our Buddy In Tampa!

No swinging from the Chandelier or a Lamp Shade on your head like last year Mrs. FW. Three parties in one week, not sure I could do it. Unless they ended by 9 PM. LOL.
Thanks guys! You all have the best life down there. We literally had to turn down invites because we already had plans for the day/evening.

Swinging from a chandelier - heck, that's what I was doing while we were in TV........or was it a trapeze?

But in all seriousness, the most important thing now is to stay focused on positive thoughts as you say for BK. I think she said the appts and testing will continue into today so she may not know anything for awhile. It is often the most difficult place to be when dealing with health issues - the not knowing stage when your mind goes wild with the possibilities. I'm praying for answers and most importantly peace.

Uh oh.......I gotta get my NOTHING going again. I keep forgetting it!

Last edited by Abby10; 12-11-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: forgot my NOTHING
Old 12-11-2018, 10:14 AM
fw102807

Quote:

Swinging from a chandelier - heck, that's what I was doing while we were in TV........or was it a trapeze?
What happens in The Villages NOTHING but stays in The Villages
Old 12-11-2018, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
We went last week. It wasn't crowded at all which surprised me. Maybe because we went NOTHING but early around 6 or 6:30 or maybe we just hit a good night to go. The 2 things I really wanted to do was see a lot of the decorations and do a lot of trail/nature walks. Unfortunately things didn't turn out that way. We did see some nice lights around the areas that we traveled, but didn't get in nearly the walking I was hoping for. Several reasons for that - weather (I was freezing some days - I think I have NOTHING but Florida blood now), too many people to catch up with especially since my husband hadn't been down in over a year, and also because he has been having some major issues with his hip being out. It's weird because he can do everything but walk - yard work, 2 hour gym workouts, etc - but walking kills him. He did start treatment before we left but needs to get back to it ASAP.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
What happens in The Villages NOTHING but stays in The Villages
LOL - yeah, well we found out what happens when you have NOTHING but "company" in your home for over a year and then you get a little time alone. That could be another reason we didn't do as much as we had planned but I'll never tell - lol.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Can you believe we all may be seeing this wonderful light show for the last time? We were NOTHING but told by two different residents that this will be the last year.

I'm not sure if its the extreme amount of work and expense or if they want to give the neighbors who are not into it a break which sounds very fair to me. The people who put this together year after year are amazing people and we Thank You for the beautiful show.

There is a spot near the end of the show where they are accepting canned good and the like to donate and they are also accepting cash which goes to others, not for the operation of the massive light show.

We will miss them a lot but Thank You Again for everything.
Nice post, Nucky. I thought I had read right here on TOTV, but I could be mistaken, that the reason it may not continue is because the gentleman who is the mastermind behind it is "retiring" and they weren't sure if there would be anyone who would be willing or able to take it over. It sure would be NOTHING but a shame but totally understandable as it is a big undertaking. When I read that I told my husband we had to get there just in case. It is really amazing. Wish we would have had time to ride through a second time.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
NOTHING but Bada Bing! I hope the bet ends in a tie! Everybody wins!
We'll all win - I'll make sure of it. We just have to get Mr and Mrs K down there for a first visit that will wet their appetite enough to want to make the move sooner rather than later. It really is an unforgettable place once you've laid eyes on it and experienced it even if for a short visit. NOTHING like it!
Old 12-11-2018, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,450 Times in 2,281 Posts

Quote:
We'll all win - I'll make sure of it. We just have to get Mr and Mrs K down there for a first visit that will wet their appetite enough to want to make the move sooner rather than later. It really is an unforgettable place once you've laid eyes on it and experienced it even if for a short visit. NOTHING like it!
If it wasn't for the gap between now and when we could get Medicare we could problably do it now. But we wouldn't be able to travel like we want to.

NOTHING but sacrificing today for a better tomorrow.. lol

Glad you made it home safely.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
If it wasn't for the gap between now and when we could get Medicare we could problably do it now. But we wouldn't be able to travel like we want to.

NOTHING but sacrificing today for a better tomorrow.. lol

Glad you made it home safely.
I used to love to travel but now that I am here in The Villages I find I am not as much interested. We have been to 3 continents and the Caribbean many times. It just seems like so much work now to go someplace that isn't even as nice as here. I think traveling was always just about getting away and now we don't need to.

Medicare is NOTHING but a deal breaker but you could find a job here where you could get insurance for a while. You might have a different perspective next year when you come.

Tags
thread, matters, post, requirement

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.