Third Covid Booster

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2022, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,734 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
There is proof COVID kills, causes: long term hospitalization, illness, blood clots, brain fog, micro strokes, long COVID, etc.

The vaccines reduce the risks, likelihood of infection and transmission to others ad well as the severity when infected.

Your choice to drive without seatbelts or not take a vaccine.

[
My wife ran across a video online this morning; some insurance guy talking about the startling rise in mortality among millennials following the mass COVID vaccinations. He had run the numbers about life insurance payouts to that particular age group's beneficiaries and had found that it was something like 84% more than it should have been. I can't recall the exact time-period but it was for a period of some months from about mid-2021 into 2022.

The problem is (and unfortunately always will be) that the messenger will be (figuratively) killed so that the message will not be heard. (Note to the Thought Police: this point cuts both ways so hopefully this post will be seen as neutral politically). This particular story is being spread by The Epoch Times American Thought Leaders. That fact alone means that about half the population will immediately dismiss the story as contrived propaganda--about the same reaction, I suppose, that the other half would have if a story pushing glowing rather than scary reports were being spread by CNN or MSNBC.

This, I think, defines the problem with actual data relating to COVID, COVID vaccines or I suppose any other polarizing issue (aren't they all?). The source is considered before the data is thought through. We choose our side by choosing the data that best fits what we've already decided SHOULD be the case. We may lie to ourselves, at least to a point, by thinking that WE have thought things through whereas the other guys haven't, but unfortunately the other guys feel the same way about us.

COVID, bad as it is, is only a symptom of the REAL sickness that has paralyzed America.

We're light-years removed from the days of Uncle Walter as The Most Trusted Man in America.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,274 Times in 5,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
My wife ran across a video online this morning; some insurance guy talking about the startling rise in mortality among millennials following the mass COVID vaccinations. He had run the numbers about life insurance payouts to that particular age group's beneficiaries and had found that it was something like 84% more than it should have been. I can't recall the exact time-period but it was for a period of some months from about mid-2021 into 2022.

The problem is (and unfortunately always will be) that the messenger will be (figuratively) killed so that the message will not be heard. (Note to the Thought Police: this point cuts both ways so hopefully this post will be seen as neutral politically). This particular story is being spread by The Epoch Times American Thought Leaders. That fact alone means that about half the population will immediately dismiss the story as contrived propaganda--about the same reaction, I suppose, that the other half would have if a story pushing glowing rather than scary reports were being spread by CNN or MSNBC.

This, I think, defines the problem with actual data relating to COVID, COVID vaccines or I suppose any other polarizing issue (aren't they all?). The source is considered before the data is thought through. We choose our side by choosing the data that best fits what we've already decided SHOULD be the case. We may lie to ourselves, at least to a point, by thinking that WE have thought things through whereas the other guys haven't, but unfortunately the other guys feel the same way about us.

COVID, bad as it is, is only a symptom of the REAL sickness that has paralyzed America.

We're light-years removed from the days of Uncle Walter as The Most Trusted Man in America.
Sorry do not buy it.

First of all how many of these "extra" deaths died from getting covid?

Second if this is true insurance companies would be raising rates substantially and this info would be all over the place.
Old 09-24-2022, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,481 Times in 2,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Sorry do not buy it.

First of all how many of these "extra" deaths died from getting covid?

Second if this is true insurance companies would be raising rates substantially and this info would be all over the place.
Third: There are numerous articles about an unexpected increase in life insurance policies being sold to millennials. Apparently, the pandemic encouraged more of them to buy policies. If there actually *is* an increase in life insurance payouts is it due to an increase in deaths or is it due to an increase in the number of millennials with policies?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-24-2022, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,041 Times in 1,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
I think he did. Had the physician thought favorably of the booster he or she would most likely have recommended it.
i agree. my doc & i talked about it sometime back. i told him how uneasy i was, & he said, don't sweat it; you're in good health, no diseases i know of, & said i do not have to have it if it causes me such distress. i've had no shots of any kind, NVR had a flu shot in my life, & am still alive. it is what it is- you need to make the decision for yourself. (btw: Dr. Rizzi from Creekside is my doc)
Old 09-24-2022, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,663 Times in 3,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
Regret getting the first 3… done.
Why's that? Did you die from the first three? Are you permanently disabled as a result of the first three?

I mean - considering the alternative - you had better odds of dying or being permanently disabled by NOT getting the shots, than you did of getting them.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i agree. my doc & i talked about it sometime back. i told him how uneasy i was, & he said, don't sweat it; you're in good health, no diseases i know of, & said i do not have to have it if it causes me such distress. i've had no shots of any kind, NVR had a flu shot in my life, & am still alive. it is what it is- you need to make the decision for yourself. (btw: Dr. Rizzi from Creekside is my doc)
Bingo.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,663 Times in 3,168 Posts

When the vaccine first became available, I wasn't eligible (not old enough yet, not disabled, not at risk). Eventually it was my turn to decide. I asked my doctor "are YOU vaccinated?" He said yes. That was good enough for me.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,831 Times in 1,282 Posts

Quote:
Your choice and I respect that.

Being vaccinated, I'm personally more concerned about long COVID at this point after seeing several friends suffer for months of headaches, brain fog, loss of energy and now heart inflammation.

These are healthy, active people who can no longer do what they like to do months later.

And their symptoms have gotten worse after a second infection.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:11 PM
Default Covid

Quote:
Milder is loss of taste. I know someone who had it 3 times. I regret having had the 2 shots and now not knowing long-term effects.
Haven't had the flu since age 21 & never vaccinated.

Like I said in a previous post, the immune system needs to be boosted. That's the most important thing. AND, right along with that is stable emotional health. The vast majority of Americans don't have either, and they don't work at improving their lives.

The New Age is coming (not in our lifetimes); visit seatofthesoul.com
Read "Seat of the Soul" by Gary Zukav
Life changing and filled with light bulb moments.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
When the vaccine first became available, I wasn't eligible (not old enough yet, not disabled, not at risk). Eventually it was my turn to decide. I asked my doctor "are YOU vaccinated?" He said yes. That was good enough for me.
And we all know that doctors are NEVER wrong.....
Some of my favorite people are doctors, and I have a lot of respect for them. I think that I would have asked the doctor to qualify his reasoning a bit more than just a "yes" or "no" answer. He may have had specific reasons to get vaccinated, unrelated to your situation. I am not saying that I disagree with you. Seems like there were a lot of medical professionals that refused the vaccination. Might be interesting to know WHY they refused. I only got my original shots hoping that I would be protecting my spouse. Since I now know that the shots do not prevent infection (which they suggested in the beginning) and since we have both survived infection twice with minor symptoms, we have decided not to subscribe to the booster shots. That's just us. I am in no way suggesting anyone else make that decision.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Many workplaces demanded that workers be vaccinated as a condition of continuing to work. My granddaughter was one such. She got the vaccine about six months AFTER she had COVID, but rather than lose her job she elected to get the shot. As I would have.

Just a few weeks ago she again came down with COVID...much worse than the first bout.

Just because someone gets the shot doesn't necessarily mean they agree that it is the best option (health-wise) available.
Old 09-24-2022, 12:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,903 Times in 5,323 Posts

I got my third Moderna booster yesterday at Publix, 5 shots so far. I understand that it protects against the Omicron variant, which accounts for most of the new Covid cases. As far as I know, I have never had Covid.

My arm is sore.
Old 09-24-2022, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,353 Times in 4,346 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for posting, hoping you will change some minds

-Tom Petty
Old 09-24-2022, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,274 Times in 5,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Thought I would hope
Old 09-24-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Thank you for posting, hoping you will change some minds
Why does it matter if someone changes their mind?

None of the vaccines stop infection or transmission so what business is it of yours if someone gets a shot or not?
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, booster, thinking, vaccine, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.