New england cheaters

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #181  
Old 01-28-2015, 10:51 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

I was a debater. Another saying was: if you don't know the facts, make them up.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #182  
Old 01-29-2015, 05:43 AM
Bosoxfan's Avatar
Bosoxfan Bosoxfan is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Village of McClure
Posts: 2,119
Thanks: 5
Thanked 58 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Bosoxfan Send a message via Skype™ to Bosoxfan
Default

stupidity-jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennbf View Post
belechick is not a vince lombardi who would not stoop so low as to cheat. He did tell his players that they should never help another player up but rather let them use their own strength to use up energy. That was what real coaches do, they don't try to cheat to win and he surly won games. In most places if you get caught cheating you are never allowed back and he was absolutely caught cheating in "spy gate". At that point he should have been banned for life from the game but it has become so crooked that people like him can continue to be what they are and coach or play. There are fans that never see evil but rationalize the violations to be something they are not. Anybody that doesn't believe a deflated ball could impact the game has never played football, anybody who doesn't know that an nfl qb could tell if a football is underinflated does not know football, anybody who thinks the coach does not know everything about the players and quipment does not know football, anybody who thinks that some players and coaches don't put money ahead of morals does not know pro football. The same goes on in the french bike race, major leage baseball, yes and golf, and basketball,
what makes some think football is different and that a belechick or brady is above being like the other sports that had/have cheaters?
__________________
We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
  #183  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:40 AM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,333
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,635 Times in 536 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
There is an old debating statement. When you don't have the facts call names. I have intentionally avoided labeling anyone as a hater,etc. I have noted that there are indicators as to the quality of knowledge regarding football. I kind of feel I have a pretty good knowledge on the subject. That knowlege has led me to believe that prior behavior, (e.g. cheating), and current behavior, (e.g. deflated footballs directly associated with the Patriots) is not an accident of fate but rather a pretty strong indicator of a team that lost its moral compass. It takes a strong rationale to believe these are just accidents even though no other team has 2+ cheating like accidents in their relative current history. Lest we forget the Raven's noted the problem after their game and before the game balls in question. I will leave this alone but did not want to leave the impression that I would allow any of my own behavior waste energy in hating a group of professional millionare players. Now that would really be stupid!
Interesting that in the same breath accuse people of calling names and then call people who root for or against their football team stupid.

I get it though. You are better and smarter than the rest of us. You are above rooting for sports teams and have no interest in "millionaire players." I really get that.

What I don't get is why someone that has no interest in this continues to respond to this thread.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #184  
Old 01-29-2015, 09:02 AM
MarkinMd MarkinMd is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Millersville,Md
Posts: 118
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Doc, Who are you rooting for? Just kidding.
  #185  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:11 AM
PennBF PennBF is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 570 Times in 163 Posts
Cool Behavior

Actually the behavior of some regarding a Professional team and behavior is what is interesting. Lets start by being objective. We know that most if not all of the players are not from Boston or Mass. and probanly some have never even visited Boston. We know they are very skilled in their chosen profession of football. We know that most have graduated from different Colleges. Based on this the only rationale conclusion is that it makes sense to cheer for a team because a person believes they are better skilled in their positions/play. What then becomes behavior of interest is why some feel the need to identify the team with a particular city or state and go to extremes to defend the team's association with these locations. My interest in the subject is not to defend a team based on location but rather skill. The behavior observation is to be able to see how far some will go to apply their anger and ggressiveness in defending a city or state based on a team which really has nothing to do with locations. In some of these notes there are really interesting behaviors relative to rationaling the Patriots cheating in order to protect the city or state reputation. I find this to be the most interesting. I certaintly don't hold Boston or Mass at all responsible for the Patriots cheating. Now that would be silly.
  #186  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:35 AM
Bruiser1 Bruiser1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 403
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Welcome to the "information Age"

Rather than facts ,figure and research the Media spins their opinion on what direction their opinions are. Rather than report significant events (World leaders passing, tragedies happening, Economies collapsing) the major media screams about the inflated properties of a ball! This was top three news story for entire week!
  #187  
Old 01-29-2015, 10:47 AM
DonH57's Avatar
DonH57 DonH57 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Village Santo Domingo.
Posts: 3,372
Thanks: 0
Thanked 226 Times in 106 Posts
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser1 View Post
Welcome to the "information Age"

Rather than facts ,figure and research the Media spins their opinion on what direction their opinions are. Rather than report significant events (World leaders passing, tragedies happening, Economies collapsing) the major media screams about the inflated properties of a ball! This was top three news story for entire week!
It was ashamed that was the top story of the week and the gullible take it hook, line, and sinker. It's what the media's come too.:
  #188  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:10 AM
janmcn janmcn is offline
Sage
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Actually the behavior of some regarding a Professional team and behavior is what is interesting. Lets start by being objective. We know that most if not all of the players are not from Boston or Mass. and probanly some have never even visited Boston. We know they are very skilled in their chosen profession of football. We know that most have graduated from different Colleges. Based on this the only rationale conclusion is that it makes sense to cheer for a team because a person believes they are better skilled in their positions/play. What then becomes behavior of interest is why some feel the need to identify the team with a particular city or state and go to extremes to defend the team's association with these locations. My interest in the subject is not to defend a team based on location but rather skill. The behavior observation is to be able to see how far some will go to apply their anger and ggressiveness in defending a city or state based on a team which really has nothing to do with locations. In some of these notes there are really interesting behaviors relative to rationaling the Patriots cheating in order to protect the city or state reputation. I find this to be the most interesting. I certaintly don't hold Boston or Mass at all responsible for the Patriots cheating. Now that would be silly.

The Patriots are the only NFL team that represent an entire region of the country, not only a city or a state. They are the New England Patriots, not the Boston Patriots or the Massachusetts Patriots. They represent the entire New England area. Don't know what your point is exactly.
  #189  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:19 AM
PennBF PennBF is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,005
Thanks: 0
Thanked 570 Times in 163 Posts
Exclamation OOp's

Oop's. Sorry just replace where I mentioned Boston or Mass with north eastern United States. The change has no impact on what I wrote as the same applies. Again, we go from identifying the team with a city or state to a general location in the US. The behavior is the same just the size of the area or acre's. I will not go further in clarifying as it would be kind of obvious and difficult as to why it needs further clarification?? There are a number of books on the subject which are no only informative but rewarding to read.
  #190  
Old 01-29-2015, 11:37 AM
Tobys Dad Tobys Dad is offline
Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 86
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Can't wait for the game. So much BS on this site. Hopefully after the game everyone can go back to their fun life!
  #191  
Old 01-29-2015, 05:40 PM
mtdjed mtdjed is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 815
Thanks: 1
Thanked 443 Times in 110 Posts
Default

190 Blogs should be enough to call for a vote, or else go on with life.
  #192  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:01 PM
Dr Winston O Boogie jr's Avatar
Dr Winston O Boogie jr Dr Winston O Boogie jr is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,333
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1,635 Times in 536 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Actually the behavior of some regarding a Professional team and behavior is what is interesting. Lets start by being objective. We know that most if not all of the players are not from Boston or Mass. and probanly some have never even visited Boston. We know they are very skilled in their chosen profession of football. We know that most have graduated from different Colleges. Based on this the only rationale conclusion is that it makes sense to cheer for a team because a person believes they are better skilled in their positions/play. What then becomes behavior of interest is why some feel the need to identify the team with a particular city or state and go to extremes to defend the team's association with these locations. My interest in the subject is not to defend a team based on location but rather skill. The behavior observation is to be able to see how far some will go to apply their anger and ggressiveness in defending a city or state based on a team which really has nothing to do with locations. In some of these notes there are really interesting behaviors relative to rationaling the Patriots cheating in order to protect the city or state reputation. I find this to be the most interesting. I certaintly don't hold Boston or Mass at all responsible for the Patriots cheating. Now that would be silly.
I think we all get it. You are calm, rational and more intelligent than most people. I think that we all get that. You don't have to try to prove it any longer.
__________________
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
  #193  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:17 PM
billethkid's Avatar
billethkid billethkid is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 17,558
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3,225 Times in 910 Posts
Default

all about air in a football that not many know anything about the subject....not that anybody cared.....or cares.....it is another media circus.....while everybody else that foes the same thing merrily goes about the business of footballing (?).

If there were 100 footbals and half of them were one pound less than the rest I would be willing to bet there would be very, very few...if any....who could pick them up put them down and ID which is which. And nobody would care.
Just like the story.

The soft footballs and the winter weather have been consuming more than 60% of the national news. I think it is a conspiracy to take our minds off the real problems in the world......politics and media as usual....

just kidding....
__________________
"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it"...Mark Twain
  #194  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:23 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,836
Thanks: 0
Thanked 84 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
all about air in a football that not many know anything about the subject....not that anybody cared.....or cares.....it is another media circus.....while everybody else that foes the same thing merrily goes about the business of footballing (?).

If there were 100 footbals and half of them were one pound less than the rest I would be willing to bet there would be very, very few...if any....who could pick them up put them down and ID which is which. And nobody would care.
Just like the story.

The soft footballs and the winter weather have been consuming more than 60% of the national news. I think it is a conspiracy to take our minds off the real problems in the world......politics and media as usual....

just kidding....
And now I want to know who gave Brady a cold? PennBF? ::
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #195  
Old 01-29-2015, 08:26 PM
Bosoxfan's Avatar
Bosoxfan Bosoxfan is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Village of McClure
Posts: 2,119
Thanks: 5
Thanked 58 Times in 25 Posts
Send a message via AIM to Bosoxfan Send a message via Skype™ to Bosoxfan
Default

Retired Pro Bowl quarterback Jeff Blake says that removing air from footballs was common when he played in the NFL from 1992-2005.

“I’m just going to let the cat of the bag, every team does it, every game, it has been since I played,” the ex-Jets QB said Wednesday in a radio interview on the “Midday 180″ show on Nashville’s 104.5 The Zone. “Cause when you take the balls out of the bag, they are rock hard. And you can’t feel the ball as well. It’s too hard.

“Everybody puts the pin in and takes just enough air out of the ball that you can feel it a little better. But it’s not the point to where it’s flat. So I don’t know what the big deal is. It’s not something that’s not been done for 20 years. … I would say (to a ball boy), ‘Take a little bit of air out of it. It’s a little bit hard,'” Blake said. “And then he’d take a little bit out and I’d squeeze it and I’d be like, ‘OK, it’s perfect.’ That’s it.”

Oh dear Lord. This is a scandal I don’t think we’ll ever recover from.

I mean, the air pressure inside eleven footballs during one half of a blowout football game has been the biggest story of 2015. So this ought to rock America to it’s very foundation. Apparently football pressure integrity is one of the pillars of our republic. Written into the Constitution somewhere between free speech and right to a jury trial.

So the fact that NFL quarterbacks have been letting the air out of balls since Tom Brady was wearing Garanimals just gives lie to everything we stand for. Forget Watergate or Teapot Dome or the 1919 Black Sox. This is the kind of crisis that gives lie to everything you ever believed in. Once you’ve lost faith in your ability to believe in the sanctity of “12.5-to-14.5 PSI,” how can you trust anything ever again?

We might as well just take all the Lombardi trophies won over the last twenty years and just melt them down into asterisks, disband every NFL team, raze all the stadiums, close down civilization and go move back to the forest because our whole lives have been a lie. This is exactly what the Fall of Rome must have felt like.* Oh well, America. It was fun while it lasted.
__________________
We do not quit playing because we grow old, we grow old because we quit playing." ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Worcester (Wistah) Massachusetts-52 years
The Village Of Amelia The Villages Fl -September 09-
June 10, 2013 Gilchrist
The Village of McClure November 7th ,2018
We are "Frogs" as of 08-21-2011
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.