Troublesome neighbor

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2021, 12:01 PM
Default Do what make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryShields View Post
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.

It is sad that this lady with dementia is getting dosed with that property owners sprinkler for sure. Maybe it IS motion censored. But what would make the most common sense is for that lady to just stay away for that yard in the first place. A homeowner has a right to keep a clean lawn without any dog messes! This is the reason I don't have a dog: no fenced yard to run around in and I'm not comfortable having to pick up dog mess off someone else's lawn. When I have a visiting canine over, I walk the dog FIRST in my own yard so I can clean up quicker, then walk the dog through the neighborhood. If a person has dementia, then they might be able to actually get lost somewhere and the problem becomes bigger than the dog walking issue. Maybe some of the folks in the neighborhood can volunteer to accompany this lady when she walks the dog or volunteer to do some of it for her. <3 With all due respect: step up neighbors, don't just complain about the situation.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:19 PM
Default Have a convo

Quote:
Our neighbors need advice. We live in Monarch Grove and have a wonderful group of people living on our block of Gonzalez Lane. One of our neighbors is an issue. They watch people walking their dogs and remotely turn on their sprinkler system whenever people walk by. We have an elderly lady with dementia who regularly gets doused as she walks her small dog. Everyone is very respectful and picks up any dog poop. Our scared neighbors automatically move to the other side of the street. We feel stalked and sad.
Anyone tried to have a reasonable conversation with them? Ask if they have motion sensors?
Old 10-11-2021, 12:20 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
So it’s gone from turning on sprinklers to hiding all day in garage waiting for people to come by, to assault by water cannon, what’s next an air strike . Doesn’t anyone think the words stalk and sad make this whole post a little suspect ??

This post made me laugh.

If this happened to me once, I’d take the hint and walk on the other side of the street.
Old 10-11-2021, 12:37 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,228 Times in 757 Posts
Default There is more to this one. . .

Deah lawd! I have got to stop reading this thread.

I keep picturing Villagers with torches and pitchforks and cellphone cameras.

Somebody is stirring up a mob mentality on that street. A lot of people seem to thrive on drama and chaos. And some people just love to wallow around in victim mentality about the least things — Stalked? Sad? Geez.

If this guy really is in-wait to set off his irrigation system, well. . . I think I would be giving him a wide berth — a work-around — instead of getting all fired up. Actually, a part of me has to laugh a little, wondering if he just has an odd sense of humor or is maybe trying an experiment in training humans and dogs alike to see who catches on fastest. Oh who knows.

BUT, the part that really has my attention is that if there is true concern about the lady who might be in a stage of dementia, why aren’t people trying to help her (if this is such a wonderful neighborhood) — instead of trying to use her situation as some kind of “noble” excuse for creating drama?

On a street like this — where drama thrives, I would have to ask myself, “Who will be the next target?”

Now, I am sure the thread will just roll on and on, back to the all important secondary topic here, that took over, of course — “The Origin of the Feces.”

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 10-12-2021 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10-11-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Sorry to see this has gone on so long as a thread.

This is way south in the Villages in the very new sections on the other side of Florida's Turnpike. Probably under the jurisdiction of the Wildwood PD.

Hopefully the problems can be solved. Some very bad neighbors and a woman with dementia who owns a dog that needs to get out to do its business and get some exercise. The lady and the dog would need exercise.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 10-11-2021 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It's sad for sure Tal. The lady with dementia shouldn't be walking a dog without a guardian with her.

I don't blame the property owner for their actions. I hope they never miss any person who disrespects their property. Carry On!
So a person that is just walking by with their dog deserves to get soaked? Only because they might let their dog pee in the yard?
Old 10-11-2021, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,415 Times in 2,415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipd411 View Post
So a person that is just walking by with their dog deserves to get soaked? Only because they might let their dog pee in the yard?
Answers to your questions can be found in posts 2-155.
Old 10-11-2021, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

You can bring a dog to water/sprinkler but you can't make him drink...........
Old 10-11-2021, 04:08 PM

i just went out side and the pooped and and the guy just walked away. i picked it up the put it in road and the guy next door told me to pick it up and i told him to pick it up and to lump it
Old 10-11-2021, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,031 Times in 4,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
i just went out side and the pooped and and the guy just walked away. i picked it up the put it in road and the guy next door told me to pick it up and i told him to pick it up and to lump it
Dale Carnegie graduate?????
Old 10-11-2021, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
All it takes is someone to have a frank talk with some of the people in this neigborhood. Targeting someone with what is in essence a water cannon is a crime. And this seems aimed at someone with limited cognitive abilities which makes it worse. Some cell phone captures of this happening would work but why should this be even continuing? The police should have a talk with this couple who are making someone with Alzheimer's and/or dementia life more difficult for no legitimate reason.
WATER CANNON = SPRINKLER.

Tell me you process this next point. The person has dementia and should not be alone! DO U GET IT?

If you grasp this my old friend, then that ends the conversation.

I put Pepper on my lawn once and it worked great. Turns out I don't feel comfortable doing that to a Dog. I would turn a WATER CANNON on the little beauty that's violating my property. Taking your dog for a walk is exactly that. It has NOTHING to do with relieving itself. Not the dog's fault, just stupid owners. WATER CANNON - LOL
Old 10-11-2021, 05:14 PM
Veteran member

Why don’t one of those good neighbors help out and walk the dog for the nice lady with dementia. That would be a win for everyone
Old 10-11-2021, 05:21 PM

Water cannon connected to the irrigation system???? Where do I buy me some. I could install one on each side of the house and get my siding pressure washed every time I sprinkle the grass.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,353 Times in 2,074 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
Water cannon connected to the irrigation system???? Where do I buy me some. I could install one on each side of the house and get my siding pressure washed every time I sprinkle the grass.
https://www.amazon.com/water-cannon/s?k=water+cannon

I was thinking more along a squirt gun and not what is used to hose down protestors in Rome.

Getting sprayed by one of these Villages' area irrigation systems can get you very wet very quickly.
Old 10-11-2021, 07:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,004 Times in 2,500 Posts

Nothing like good dog poop thread. What this number 1, 999?
Closed Thread

Tags
people, dog, neighbors, walks, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.