BMW Owners

Closed Thread
Old 04-13-2023, 09:17 AM
Default Same Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko View Post
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala …
i had a similar experience at my first, and only, service visit to BMW Ocala. The department seems disorganized and my visit did not go smoothly. The service manager’s follow-up to a problem I had during the visit was also ineffective. I have given up on that service department.

I take my car to Fields BMW of Winter Park for warranty work and to Continental Imports of Gainesville for everything else, Both of these businesses know how to treat the customer well.
Old 04-13-2023, 10:31 AM

I have an XC90 Volvo 2006 and wondered the same about service there
Old 04-13-2023, 12:16 PM
Thumbs up Ocala BMW is great customer service

Quote:
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala for a 30,000 mile service. It took 3 phone calls to make an appointment then their call back had the wrong date and time. I went in for a 7:30 appt. and was told they were all in a meeting. At 8:15 I sat with the service agent, he said it would be 3 to 3/12 hours. I said okay if thats what it is. 4 1/2 hours later the car came out, done, oil change, brake fluid, computer check, and the wash was partial. It may be me, but is this normal. BMW owners please chime in. thanks
Sorry to hear that! We have been going to them for service for over 9 years and have never experienced anything but great service.

One thing I love is if you are there around lunch time they will go to Panera Bread and order lunch for you free!

Hope your next visit goes better!
Old 04-13-2023, 01:58 PM

People in the know go to Autobahn Imports in south Ocala. Off SW 27th Ave.
Old 04-13-2023, 04:22 PM
Default BMW of Ocala

Quote:
hi,
so I decided to take my used BMW into BMW of Ocala for a 30,000 mile service. It took 3 phone calls to make an appointment then their call back had the wrong date and time. I went in for a 7:30 appt. and was told they were all in a meeting. At 8:15 I sat with the service agent, he said it would be 3 to 3/12 hours. I said okay if thats what it is. 4 1/2 hours later the car came out, done, oil change, brake fluid, computer check, and the wash was partial. It may be me, but is this normal. BMW owners please chime in. thanks
I had one of the worst experiences of my life at this dealership! I took my 2017 540i xdrive to them for four new tires. After three days, I called them. They told me they had discovered my right front CV joint needed to be replaced. It was covered by warranty. A few days later, I called them to check on progress. They said they didn’t have “the tool” to work on xdrive, and they didn’t know my car was xdrive. Let’s see: It says so on the trunk! It also lets them know when they put my key in the reader. Seriously! I had a loaner, so I offered to drive to one of the five dealers within 100 miles of them to borrow “the tool.” BTW, they could have made one call to BMW USA and had it overnighted to them. Then my service advisor told me they were not to happy with me for having my car on their lift all this time. Folks, you can’t make this stuff up! Finally, we went to get my car. We drove it home, and we noticed a knocking sound when we made a hard left turn. Called the next day and asked them to send a flat bed to pick up the car. Several more days passsd. Finally was able to pick up my car. NEVER AGAIN! We had the best dealer when we lived in Knoxville, TN. (Grayson BMW). I had no idea there was such disparity in BMW dealers. We have driven BMWs since 1996, and I’ve never had such a deplorable experience.
Old 04-13-2023, 07:25 PM
Default Owner

So the owner sends me an email to thank me for the business and says he hopes I had a good experience............they are so out of touch with customer Service
I did not want a Panera lunch, I did not want a ride to the mall, I just needed to know upfront what I would be subjected too.......this is obviously a normal experience....the car service may be great..... but the customer service is awful
I saw at least 15 employees walking around and wondered what they were doing? Maybe only 1 guy works on the car and if you didn't buy the car from them you go to the back of the line.......disappointing...waiting for the owner to respond to my email...probaby won't...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthherod@gmail.com View Post
I had one of the worst experiences of my life at this dealership! I took my 2017 540i xdrive to them for four new tires. After three days, I called them. They told me they had discovered my right front CV joint needed to be replaced. It was covered by warranty. A few days later, I called them to check on progress. They said they didn’t have “the tool” to work on xdrive, and they didn’t know my car was xdrive. Let’s see: It says so on the trunk! It also lets them know when they put my key in the reader. Seriously! I had a loaner, so I offered to drive to one of the five dealers within 100 miles of them to borrow “the tool.” BTW, they could have made one call to BMW USA and had it overnighted to them. Then my service advisor told me they were not to happy with me for having my car on their lift all this time. Folks, you can’t make this stuff up! Finally, we went to get my car. We drove it home, and we noticed a knocking sound when we made a hard left turn. Called the next day and asked them to send a flat bed to pick up the car. Several more days passsd. Finally was able to pick up my car. NEVER AGAIN! We had the best dealer when we lived in Knoxville, TN. (Grayson BMW). I had no idea there was such disparity in BMW dealers. We have driven BMWs since 1996, and I’ve never had such a deplorable experience.
Old 04-14-2023, 08:26 AM
Default BMW Ocala

I read the post on BMW Ocala and unlike me I have to add to his comments. I do not trust the dealership. I brought my car to them several months ago. They told me I needed a new oil pan and gasket at a cost of $4,800.00. I told the service guy Celistino that they were wrong and they did not know where the leak was coming from. He said , it’s coming from all over the oil pan. I brought the car to a local shop here next to the Villages. I told them I needed the work done, they did not look at the car and gave me a price of $2,800.00. They ordered the parts and I brought my car in. About 2 hours later I go a call from the shop. They asked who told me I needed an oil pan and I told them BMW of Ocala. They told me that was not the problem , it was a power steering leek and an oil level monitor on the pan. My bill went from $4,800.00 at BMW Ocala to $1,200.00 at a local mechanic. Either BMW Ocala was trying to take advantage of me or they are incompetent. My suggestion, DO NOT USE BMW OCALA. !!!!!!
Old 04-14-2023, 08:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks for your response, I’ve never owned a foreign car, so I did want to say to much.
Old 04-14-2023, 01:26 PM
Gold member

Purchased my 2016 X5 from them. No service issues.
Went to replace it with a 2022 X5 last year and they wanted 5k market adjustment and over 3k of crap added to the MSRP price.
Low balled on my trade.
Emailed my specifics to Bmw of Wesley Chapel
Within 3 weeks I got an email that the 99% exact car I wanted had just come in.
Still paid MSRP plus 500. For mats. Still better than Ocala.
So much for loyalty from Ocala.
I have a long memory.
Closed Thread

Tags
bmw, service, hours, owners, 3/12

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.