What did your agent tell you?
Old 11-16-2020, 08:38 AM
Default New Build

What did your agent tell you?
Old 11-16-2020, 08:43 AM

Check on the website
V2PW
Old 11-16-2020, 09:22 AM

Yes about pool, consider luxury vinyl tile...Waterproof no grout easier on knees to stand on.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:37 AM

BE WARNED the quality of building by the Villages is very poor these days..................
Old 11-16-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ1325 View Post
We are looking to build in about 10 months or so. Can someone give me a process. Would the 1st thing be to pick a model we like so we can determine size of lot? Then what? Time frames? Schedule? Etc. Thanks
Most important thing is to make sure your house doesn’t face East /West !
Old 11-16-2020, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud1949 View Post
BE WARNED the quality of building by the Villages is very poor these days..................
We're about to build. Would love to hear some specifics.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-16-2020, 11:46 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We're about to build. Would love to hear some specifics.
I can't agree with the homes being of poor quality. I believe the quality is better than in the past. We purchased our home new in May 0f 2017 and have never had to call the warranty department, everything is great. The only problem we had in 3-1/2 years was the dish washer pump malfunctioned and it was replaced under warranty with one call to Whirlpool. Even during our walkthrough there were only a few cosmetic issues, nothing that we couldn't have lived with but as minimal as they were all were taken care of, same with the one year inspection, only minimal cosmetic items that again were taken care of immediately. The windows are better than they used to be with no broken seals to date, the attic has radiant barriers in addition to the insulation, on demand hot water instead of bulky water heater tanks, they are now smart home ready, much more to chose from in regards to flooring than in the past, there is really nothing I can say negative about the home and many of the newer villages south of 44 have gas available which was a plus for us. Don't be afraid of the quality, it's just fine.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:51 AM

Stephanie Anderson is the best!
Old 11-16-2020, 01:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I can't agree with the homes being of poor quality. I believe the quality is better than in the past. We purchased our home new in May 0f 2017 and have never had to call the warranty department, everything is great. The only problem we had in 3-1/2 years was the dish washer pump malfunctioned and it was replaced under warranty with one call to Whirlpool. Even during our walkthrough there were only a few cosmetic issues, nothing that we couldn't have lived with but as minimal as they were all were taken care of, same with the one year inspection, only minimal cosmetic items that again were taken care of immediately. The windows are better than they used to be with no broken seals to date, the attic has radiant barriers in addition to the insulation, on demand hot water instead of bulky water heater tanks, they are now smart home ready, much more to chose from in regards to flooring than in the past, there is really nothing I can say negative about the home and many of the newer villages south of 44 have gas available which was a plus for us. Don't be afraid of the quality, it's just fine.
I'm not worried at all. I just like to see people back up what they say with specifics. Saying the houses are built to a low quality standard is pretty worthless unless they can back it up.

Over the past week we probably looked at close to 30 houses. I was pleased with what I saw.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-16-2020, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick demis View Post
We are moving into a furnished house for a month starting Wednesday so we can decide if we take a spec house or have one built. If we have one built, we will rent a unfurnished for 6-8 months while the house is being built and slowly purchase furniture.
Our Gardenia home was built in 53 days. Over July and august with heavy rains.

Just saying.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:12 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by askcarl View Post
Our Gardenia home was built in 53 days. Over July and august with heavy rains.

Just saying.
It now takes that long just to pick out what you want in the house.
Old 11-16-2020, 06:53 PM

We picked out our lot last month and are scheduled to come down in Jan to do the design. They recommend a week to pick out everything.
Old 11-17-2020, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ1325 View Post
We are looking to build in about 10 months or so. Can someone give me a process. Would the 1st thing be to pick a model we like so we can determine size of lot? Then what? Time frames? Schedule? Etc. Thanks
I chose my pot first with my sales agent's help. It was quite deep (I wanted to extend my garage 15 feet forward). I have an outstanding view of a retention pond with green space beyond the pond.

Then I chose the model of house I wanted (Iris) and drew a rough plan to position it on the lot. Everything worked beautifully.
Born and raised in Toronto; also lived in Sudbury and Winnipeg while growing up; migrated to Atlanta where I lived for almost 30 years and also spent a year in Milan and two years in Rochester, MN (brrrr).
Old 11-17-2020, 05:57 AM

Some people don't know what they want. We came down a year before we decided and search. Came back the next year (2017) and finalized our model (Iris), picked the lot we wanted and built. Stretched the garage wider by 4 feet (should have increased the depth as well) and the bedroom side of the house by 2 feet. Put in quartz for the kitchen counters & 3D laminate (looks just as good) for the bathrooms. Used builder grade carpet because TV really did not have top quality carpet in any colors we liked & so will replace it in a few years with high quality. Also, before we moved anything in, we had the entire interior repainted with colors we selected from Sherman Williams and wallpapered one room and one accent wall.
We since have had vinyl flooring installed over the tile in the kitchen for a softer look and feel and only regret that we didn't have the garage deepened. Good luck with your build!
Closed Thread

Tags
build, process, determine, size, lot

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.