Eminent domain is here in the villages! Eminent domain is here in the villages! - Page 4 - Talk of The Villages Florida

Eminent domain is here in the villages!

Reply
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Yesterday, 08:00 PM
margaretmattson margaretmattson is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 623
Thanked 1,335 Times in 605 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Acknowledgment that multiple searches return different results yet still no links to the pages or documents supporting that belief.
type the words: is sabal gasoline planning an expansion in the villages No capitalization or ? I do not know what more I can give you. As I stated, each time I ask using those words, I get a different response. Sometimes with more detailed information, sometimes not. Sometimes a Yes, sometimes a No. I had to make several attempts with the same words. Then capitalizing the word Sabal, then changing expansion to extension, then adding Florida after the word villages. I am telling the truth. EACH TIME I GET A DIFFERENT RESPONSE. If you eliminate the word gasoline, you will get a different answer. I tried several different ways with changes in grammar, I can not remember which gave me the most detailed answer.

Last edited by margaretmattson; Yesterday at 08:12 PM.
  #47  
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM
ohioshooter ohioshooter is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2022
Posts: 546
Thanks: 37
Thanked 435 Times in 189 Posts
Default

If I’m not mistaken, this pipeline is natural gas, not gasoline. Secondly, why are some people trying to disprove this. Why don’t you just sit back and see what happens. The people I see that don’t believe this don’t live in this area, so how does it affect you.
  #48  
Old Yesterday, 08:20 PM
margaretmattson margaretmattson is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 623
Thanked 1,335 Times in 605 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
If I’m not mistaken, this pipeline is natural gas, not gasoline. Secondly, why are some people trying to disprove this. Why don’t you just sit back and see what happens. The people I see that don’t believe this don’t live in this area, so how does it affect you.
They do not believe it because AI says no. Understandable. But, if they continue to research they will find what the OP is stating is true. It takes effort. Not just believing the first words you read and not looking at a broad summary.

Yes, it is natural gas. But, I found my answer by typing the word gasoline. Odd, but it worked for me. I believed the OP and knew if I tried several ways, I could find the information.

Last edited by margaretmattson; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.
  #49  
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM
Bill14564 Bill14564 is online now
Platinum member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Village of Hillsborough
Posts: 9,734
Thanks: 3,312
Thanked 9,578 Times in 3,929 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
type the words: is sabal gasoline planning an expansion in the villages No capitalization or ? I do not know what more I can give you. As I stated, each time I ask using those words, I get a different response. Sometimes with more detailed information, sometimes not. Sometimes a Yes, sometimes a No. I had to make several attempts with the same words. Then capitalizing the word Sabal, then changing expansion to extension, then adding Florida after the word villages. I am telling the truth. EACH TIME I GET A DIFFERENT RESPONSE. If you eliminate the word gasoline, you will get a different answer. I tried several different ways with changes in grammar, I can not remember which gave me the most detailed answer.
You do know because I keep asking for the same thing, even in the post you responded to:

One or three links to pages that support the OP’s claim that Sabal will be using eminent domain to take property from over 1500 Villagers and bring down property values for even more.

Things that appear to be known:
- the pipeline runs along the interstate
- there are plans for an expansion
- homeowners along the path may be approached to allow access to survey teams
- the expansion pipeline is expected to use the existing right of way for the most part

It none of that says 1500+ homeowners will lose land or property value.
__________________
Why do people insist on making claims without looking them up first, do they really think no one will check? Proof by emphatic assertion rarely works.
Confirmation bias is real; I can find any number of articles that say so.


Victor, NY - Randallstown, MD - Yakima, WA - Stevensville, MD - Village of Hillsborough

Last edited by Bill14564; Yesterday at 08:39 PM.
  #50  
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
margaretmattson margaretmattson is online now
Gold Member
Join Date: May 2023
Posts: 1,406
Thanks: 623
Thanked 1,335 Times in 605 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
You do know because I kept asking for the same thing, even in the post you responded to:

One or three links to pages that support the OP’s claim that Sabal will be using eminent domain to take property from over 1500 Villagers and bring down property values for even more.
As I stated, I made several attempts by changing my question slightly. Each time, I got a different response. I cannot remember which of my questions gave me the most detailed information. I did read the notification spoke of property assessment and right of way. There was not much detail. Sabal uses Federal eminent domain to acquire property. Sabal had to get approval to change the current status of rural in the Villages. SABAL IS IN THE PLANNING PHASE. The plan can change. Again, I cannot remember which of my questions gave me that information. Play with the wording: is sabal gasoline planning an expansion in the villages. This is how I found what I was looking for. When I research online, I never stop at one question. I ask differently several times.

Also note that my responses are for those who stated the expansion does not include the Villages. It does! My response does not defend the claim that home values will drop. There is no proof that this will occur. It MAY happen.

Last edited by margaretmattson; Yesterday at 09:45 PM.
  #51  
Old Today, 06:17 AM
tralemaster tralemaster is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Feb 2020
Posts: 11
Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Research confirms

From ChatGPT: Yes — if you mean Sabal Trail Transmission, not “Sable,” then an expansion is genuinely being planned, and it could affect parts of The Villages area. The important part is that the exact route is not final yet.

Sabal Trail’s own project page says it is in the early assessment stage of expanding its existing interstate natural-gas system. The company proposes a new pipeline segment along or near the existing route from Alexander City, Alabama to Reunion, Florida, plus additional compressor capacity. It says landowner outreach and survey requests began in summer 2026, with construction targeted for Q2 2029 if approvals are obtained.

The reason this matters locally is that the existing Sabal Trail line already runs through southern Sumter County in areas that have since been built out by The Villages. A federal pipeline-safety document specifically notes that residential development from The Villages now directly abuts the existing 50-foot pipeline right-of-way, with homes, trails, roads, pools, clubhouses and other amenities nearby.

There are also current local reports from residents in DeLuna saying some property owners have received communications related to the proposed expansion. Those reports are consistent with Sabal Trail’s stated 2026 schedule of contacting landowners and requesting survey permission, but the local forum claims about 1,500 homes, eminent domain, reduced property values, or a definite final alignment through specific lots are not yet established by the official project materials.

So the clearest answer is:

* Yes, Sabal Trail is planning an expansion.
* Yes, the existing corridor is close enough to or within developed parts of The Villages that some Villages property owners may be affected.
* No, the final route through DeLuna or other specific Villages neighborhoods has not yet been finalized publicly.
* No, I would not yet treat claims about exactly how many homes will be affected or which parcels will require new easements as confirmed.

The official timeline has landowner meetings in Q4 2026, a public open-house process in 2027, a FERC application in early 2028, and construction beginning in 2029 if approved.
  #52  
Old Today, 06:59 AM
LenoxHillLil LenoxHillLil is offline
Newbie
Join Date: Jul 2026
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Default

This touched me quietly: "Toward the back, Beverly Soulshine holds her 7-month-old baby, Atom, as tears stream down her cheeks. They traveled four hours to get here from an area near Pensacola. Soulshine says she cries because she knows despite the protests, the arrests and the settlement camps, there’s no stopping the Sabal Trail pipeline."

With electric cars becoming more popular the last thing we need is another gas pipeline through the villages. What if there is a leak, who is responsible for cleanup?

Last edited by LenoxHillLil; Today at 07:10 AM.
  #53  
Old Today, 07:10 AM
defrey12 defrey12 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 771
Thanks: 163
Thanked 531 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I did that in 83 or 84 at the Rocky Flats Plant. We didn't get enough people to surround it but it was fun. Radioactive contamination from the Rocky Flats Plant - Wikipedia
So, let me get this straight...getting together to disrupt peoples' lives and damage property is considered "fun"? Got it 👍
__________________
DEF
  #54  
Old Today, 07:18 AM
defrey12 defrey12 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 771
Thanks: 163
Thanked 531 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I guess I got a different answer.
And this is why I don't trust AI.
__________________
DEF
  #55  
Old Today, 07:23 AM
gobuck827 gobuck827 is offline
Silver Member
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 152
Thanks: 9
Thanked 156 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenoxHillLil View Post

With electric cars becoming more popular the last thing we need is another gas pipeline through the villages. What if there is a leak, who is responsible for cleanup?
You do realize that the proposed pipeline is for natural gas and not gasoline, right? All of those electric cars will need the additional natural gas to generate the electricity to recharge them.
  #56  
Old Today, 07:32 AM
[email protected] star20166@yahoo.com is offline
Bronze Member
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 53
Thanks: 25
Thanked 59 Times in 24 Posts
Default

What did the developer know about this and when did he know? Could bring very deep pockets into this case.
  #57  
Old Today, 07:33 AM
shut the front door shut the front door is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Apr 2020
Posts: 1,363
Thanks: 315
Thanked 2,455 Times in 772 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenoxHillLil View Post
This touched me quietly: "Toward the back, Beverly Soulshine holds her 7-month-old baby, Atom, as tears stream down her cheeks. They traveled four hours to get here from an area near Pensacola. Soulshine says she cries because she knows despite the protests, the arrests and the settlement camps, there’s no stopping the Sabal Trail pipeline."

With electric cars becoming more popular the last thing we need is another gas pipeline through the villages. What if there is a leak, who is responsible for cleanup?
What if the sky falls?
__________________
Reading is more important than posting.
  #58  
Old Today, 07:33 AM
G.R.I.T.S. G.R.I.T.S. is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jul 2020
Posts: 720
Thanks: 214
Thanked 532 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuck827 View Post
The map you are looking for is on the National Pipeline Mapping System (NPMS) general public portal page.

It shows the Sabal pipeline crossing under 301 just North of the little group of CYV's at the Southern end of Silvana Wyoming. It continues East through the preserve area till it reaches the walking path North of Marsh Bend Trl. It follows the walking path corridor until it crosses under Haley Av. From there it parallels the Turnpike SE until just East of the Everglades softball fields where it turns South. It goes South down the West side of Marsh Bend Trail and under Warm Springs Av. On the South side of Warm Springs, it again turns East and crosses under Marsh Bend until it again reaches the Turnpike where it once again parallels the Turnpike until it turns South to the East of Bexley Trl.
We saw a major gas line construction project along the turnpike before the villages jumped over. At that time, we speculated that the Villages would soon follow; it did. These large utilities typically have rights of way, so I don’t see private homeowners being affected on a large scale.
__________________
American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
  #59  
Old Today, 07:35 AM
defrey12 defrey12 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 771
Thanks: 163
Thanked 531 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
No. I did not use that AI summary. I typed the words: is sabal gasoline planning an expansion in the villages I then researched more. My research found that every word the OP stated is true. However, Sabal is in the planning phase. I also found that when the pipeline was laid the land was considered rural. New construction including Middleton required Sabal to change the status since the area is no longer rural. The expansion is needed for the increase in population. I also found that golf paths, pools, and recreation centers abut the pipeline. The Village of Linden was also mentioned. Perhaps homeowners in that area received notifications as well

I am not being a jerk by witholding the information I found . Strange, each time I type the words, I receive a different answer. Currently, it is giving me the information the OP placed on Talk of the Villages. 30 minutes ago, the information was different.
And I rest my case AGAINST AI 🤖
__________________
DEF
  #60  
Old Today, 07:40 AM
defrey12 defrey12 is offline
Gold Member
Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 771
Thanks: 163
Thanked 531 Times in 309 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
type the words: is sabal gasoline planning an expansion in the villages No capitalization or ? I do not know what more I can give you. As I stated, each time I ask using those words, I get a different response. Sometimes with more detailed information, sometimes not. Sometimes a Yes, sometimes a No. I had to make several attempts with the same words. Then capitalizing the word Sabal, then changing expansion to extension, then adding Florida after the word villages. I am telling the truth. EACH TIME I GET A DIFFERENT RESPONSE. If you eliminate the word gasoline, you will get a different answer. I tried several different ways with changes in grammar, I can not remember which gave me the most detailed answer.
If you're searching for "gasoline" it will NEVER come up. And that's because natural gas and gasoline are two different things. Y'all are aware of that, correct?
__________________
DEF
Reply

Tags
domain, eminent, pipeline, sabal, gas


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.