Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I don't mind the dogs using the PO areas for their potties so long as the owners pick up after them. I know that is the case at my post office. Barring one or two, everything is nicely picked up. Given a choice between the PO greens and my yard, I much prefer they use the post office and, around here, there's really nothing else that is close enough for short walks, which is all some dogs and owners can manage.

No argument about the north end golf cart paths -- they are narrow and that's scary at times. To make it worse, some the bushes are right up to the paths to make it even a bit more harrowing when you're driving along and someone is coming the opposite direction.

I haven't the urination issues at the squares. I'm sure some dogs do that -- it's the nature of their beast. Most however, seem to just walk the squares with their masters and get petted. They rarely stop to hoist a leg. Guess the dogs I've seen are too busy getting those pets and giving those kisses to bother with something so mundane is marking their territory.

BTW -- covered pools or at least some area of the pool being covered would be nice. As it is, I can't go near a pool during the daytime and most close at sunset or earlier.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-04-2008, 08:08 PM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

After 4 years in the Villages I still haven't learnt to HATE anything but some people do make you wonder what planet they came from originally and why they have to bring their baggage from lives past to this community. I would have thought this was the perfect place to make a new start and be mellow!! Didn't we all fight City Hall in our previous lives? Such will it always be I guess. My major peeve is how abused Lake Sumter is becoming and how most nights it seems like any State Fairgrounds instead of a Downtown Square. I know that it has had to suck up the tremendous growth in the Villages but seems it has also become the defacto scource of entertainment for all who live outside the gates. It is just plain overcrowded with people and traffic both circling endlessly looking for a seat/parking spot. It also seems that every available piece of concrete or grass within 100 yards of the square proper is now used to park golf carts and/or cars. Is it possible that we are beginning to get on the backside of the ammenities keeping up with the population? Roll on build out when we be large enough to govern ourselves, support the infastructure and then make it a real gated community --- of course my kids might be the beneficiary, not me!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Veteran member

With all the complaining I have read this week,
I thought it was time for a new bump
Wanabee future TVer

Last edited by diskman; 10-15-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I love it here!

I don't find the squares too crowded although finding parking can sometimes be an adventure in itself.

I enjoy watching people and I can't tell who is from TV and who is not.

I have no complaints about the lifestyle.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Taltarzac

The Villages, Florida the Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida
The Villages, Florida the Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida The Villages, Florida
Old 09-05-2008, 02:04 AM
Veteran member

Talzarac,
?????????????????????????????????????? :dontknow:
what your posting means!
Wanabee future TVer
Old 09-17-2008, 10:58 PM
Gold member
Default Thank you

Thank all of you for the information. My wife and I will be coming down to our second visit to TV next month. Essentially we are fact-finding and trying to gather information. This thread has been very helpful.

Thank you
Old 09-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Smile Living the good life !

Most houses are still at a discount, come on down before housing recovers and you have to get in line to overpay. You will love The Villages if you just realize that you are also buying into a fantastic lifestyle. Part time or full time, it's great !
Old 09-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Kahuna is so correct yet again!

I love the administrators of TOTV but I am NOT crazy about the new format and It has to be my virtual Villages until we get down there next month.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Veteran member

Diskman,

I recently asked the same question of a golfer I was paired with. His answer was short and sweet:
"The best thing is that it is owned by one family and they can do whatever they want. The worst thing is that it is owned by one family and they can do what they want."
I have to agree with him, but will add that I wouldn't live anywhere else!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:06 AM

Wherever you live there are negatives. You learn to accept them or you relocate. Here in the Villages you can accept to live in a controlled enviorment when it comes to News, ( The Daily Sun Newsletter) The radio Station, The TV Station .Politics etc, or you can choose to live outside of the controlled enviorment and still take advantage of all of the great recreational activities availble . It is diffucult to do sometimes but worth it.
Old 10-04-2008, 04:15 PM
Default Not a farmer.

This is not a negative and I have lived with it since I was a kid. This city dies at 9PM. If your internal time clock dictates you to be a night owl such as I am, you have to make do.
This might be a shock to some, but not everyone is a farmer and gets up when the rooster crows or goes to bed when the sun goes down (as I have read so many do). I have electricity in my house so I can function after dark. I go to sleep around 4am and get up between 11A and 12P. I usually read, work on my puter or watch movies on my DVR.
I do my music practice in the early evening so as not to bother anyone who is a real early bed person. Just wish there was one club someplace with music, dancing, stage shows or whatever that stayed open till 3-4 in the AM for us night owls.

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs View Post
This is not a negative and I have lived with it since I was a kid. This city dies at 9PM. If your internal time clock dictates you to be a night owl such as I am, you have to make do. This might be a shock to some, but not everyone is a farmer and gets up when the rooster crows or goes to bed when the sun goes down (as I have read so many do).
I get your point. When I first lived in TV, I couldn't believe that all the exercise classes were between 6:30 AM and 9 AM in the morning. To me that is coffee and newspaper time (if I happen to be awake).

We went to a Christmas party for our Village. It started at 6 PM and was over at 9:30 PM. When they turned on the bright lights and started stacking chairs, I thought it was a joke.

However I have learned to adapt to TV. The majority of peeps do go to bed early and get up early. The sidewalks are rolled up at 9 PM, except for a few places like Katie Belles. The majority rules.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Sage
Arrow I Agree!

From a fellow night owl, I too was shocked when we first moved here. I'm hoping that changes as more and more younger people and boomers move in. Sure would like a few spots to go after dinner with friends for a drink or a nice piano bar.
Old 10-04-2008, 07:43 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna
Smile I Hate...

EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE ...

I HATE the fact we have to leave and go back to the Pocono's..

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.