Everybody seems to love The Villages, I would like to hear what you hate beside

Closed Thread
Old 10-29-2007, 12:03 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I was down in July...it was very nice...my question is what about the clubs? If there are lines for golf and places to eat do we have to look into signing up now for Jan-April to attend various clubs? That is when I will be down and want to sign up for beginners golf, computer classes to start...are you serious about leaving for church an hour early to get there and hope for a seat? I did not realize what winter was like with snow birds landing in for the winter...I better start laying out my game plan...need some insight fellow TV'ers.
What about tickets to Savannah Shows...do we need to buy now?
Old 10-29-2007, 12:34 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BESIDE

I think clubs are OK. Pittsburgh culb quit taking members at 750 but now there is a second club. I think you should sign up for Savannah shows ASAP. Some OK to wait but many sell out. Golf--well when you make reservations be sure to leave a big window of time you want to play. Don't expect to put a one hour window at a popular time and expect to get it. We love The Villages no matter what time of the year it is.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:56 AM
Veteran member

Clubs are ok. Our pinochle group is about 40 in Summer and extends to about 50 or so in Winter. Other clubs are about the same.

Yes, I leave at 8 am for 9 am Mass at St. Timothy Catholic Community. The church is quite crowded in Winter and since I can't stand for a full service due to back and leg medical problems, I leave home at 8 am to be sure of parking and a seat. There is standing room only at 9 and 11 am Masses and they add a 12:45 Mass in November, December, January and February.

I personally am not otherwise bothered by the beefing up of numbers in Winter. I just resent hearing how unfair it is for snowbirds who have to pay for trash, etc. when they are not here. We all make choices and that's the price of a free choice.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 AM

I don't like the bugs and snakes, I don't like the feel of walking through the thick St. Augustine grass, I don't like needing a water purifier, I don't like the fact that there is no curbside recycling, I don't like trying to think of things I don't like. These things are by no means just in The Villages. I love the fact I don't own a snowshovel, ice scraper or oil furnace.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

BUMP
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 AM

I love not seeing those plastic recycle baskets along the street. I love the great tasting water we have in our part of The Villages. I just love The Villages.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Default Re: EVERYBODY SEEMS TO LOVE THE VILLAGES, i WOULD LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU HATE BES

Roundabouts
Old 11-08-2007, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

bump
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Sage

I've finally found something I hate in the Villages! Boys who use the golf cart tunnels for skate boarding! :edit: >

I am trying to get used to driving my new golf cart. I was going through the Belvedere tunnel and almost ran over some kid who came zooming up from the dark and cut in front of me on a skate board! There were several of them and they were completely oblivious to traffic.

Other than that, life in TV is perfect! I have to pinch myself every day to make sure I'm not dreaming. :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-09-2007, 12:38 AM
Veteran member

Nattering Nabobs of Negativisim............Whiners
Old 11-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

Barking dogs: By this I mean that when you get one whiner going (by inviting negative complaints) you get others to think about awful things, whether the complaint results from their own failures or not. This is the "barking dog syndrome." You get one started barking, they all start barking.

In other words, I agree with Chuckster.

Yes, we all have the right to b----, complain, moan, blame, accuse. Yes, learning about abuses or the mistakes of others can be helpful. But dwelling on such things makes a person a bit more miserable. Or to be more positive, a bit less happy.
Brockton, MA 1946-49 * Fort Lauderdale 1950-66 * Northern Virginia (Army) 1967-69 * North Lauderdale 1970-72 * Coconut Creek 1973-87 * St. Louis 1988-89 # Northern Virginia (again) 1990-2000 * Destin, FL 2001-08 * The Villages - Amelia/Hadley
Old 11-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Barefoot: I wasn't aware that boys that young either lived in TV or close enough to skateboard in the community. Where are they coming from?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 PM

You know, I'm sitting here laughing at the posts about full time resident complaints re the part time owners. I'm sure you would also find it funny and maybe informative, that we SB's complain about the many of the same things that you do. When we visit our home in TV "in season" as opposed to "off season", we complain about the traffic, the crowded restaurants and stores, the lack of parking spots and tee times, just as you do. But we've learned to roll with the punches and live in harmony with you full-timers as best we can. :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-09-2007, 10:15 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to RCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy
You know, I'm sitting here laughing at the posts about full time resident complaints re the part time owners. I'm sure you would also find it funny and maybe informative, that we SB's complain about the many of the same things that you do. When we visit our home in TV "in season" as opposed to "off season", we complain about the traffic, the crowded restaurants and stores, the lack of parking spots and tee times, just as you do. But we've learned to roll with the punches and live in harmony with you full-timers as best we can. :bigthumbsup:
For some reason, your post made the song from Oklahoma come into my head. you know, "oh, the farmers and the cowboys should be friends" :bigthumbsup:
Old 11-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy
Barefoot: I wasn't aware that boys that young either lived in TV or close enough to skateboard in the community. Where are they coming from?
That Belvedere tunnel is near the Villages high school.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.