Fast Golf Carts

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
Gotta get there fast before I forget where I'm going.
Or why you are going there in the first place.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
I will never understand why people are in a hurry in the Villages. My golf cart goes 19mph and yet people are always passing me life there's a fire or something. The funny thing is that I usually catch up to them and a cross street or something, so what's the hurry? I was passed by a street legal cart on a path yesterday. Why is he even on the path if he can use the street? Worse are the cars who are behind a car turning left and the car behind them swerves over to the cart lane to pass them. People, slow down! I thought this was a retirement community, not a race track.
I agree. I had to deal with the young kids speeding up North and thought I would be safer down here driving around in a golf cart. I guess there will be irresponsible people where ever you go.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
i pass slow moving carts all the time!
What speed do you define as slow moving?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Bosoxfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by red tail View Post
whats not to understand? living in the villages doesnt mean one will never ever again be in a hurry for something. i pass slow moving carts all the time. i also get passed quite often and i sure dont get my dander up over it!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I will never understand why people are in a hurry in the Villages. My golf cart goes 19mph and yet people are always passing me life there's a fire or something. The funny thing is that I usually catch up to them and a cross street or something, so what's the hurry? I was passed by a street legal cart on a path yesterday. Why is he even on the path if he can use the street? Worse are the cars who are behind a car turning left and the car behind them swerves over to the cart lane to pass them. People, slow down! I thought this was a retirement community, not a race track.
Because

If your are not 1st
Your are last

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-14-2013, 05:59 AM

I forgot about all the people in golf crts and cars who leave their blinkers on....is that an eventual turn maybe? or they can't hear it....
Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
I forgot about all the people in golf carts and cars who leave their blinkers on....is that an eventual turn maybe? or they can't hear it....
Last night a gentleman pulled out of Mallory parking lot while I sat at the stop sign on cart path at driveway headed toward Odell. He has the right of way, so no issue. My only thought was ... "what luck, a gasser now in front of me, oh well just breath shallow" .... but I digress .

I followed behind him and saw his right blinker on, obviously he could not tell, that happens. He then slowed to go down the hill towards tunnel and then proceeded left into the tunnel under Morse, all the time with his right blinker on.

Made me wonder how his blinker got on in the first place

PS. I do not mind fast carts, but I sure dislike folks that tail gate
PS2. I apologize if any offense taken by my gas-and-go friends....
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

That's the main reason I hate the rental or loaner carts. The turn signals make no noise or reset like the ones in your car after the turn, and unless you look back at the taillights you can't see the front ones. So looking forward to our new cart as at least it will have the indicators right at eye level.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
I forgot about all the people in golf crts and cars who leave their blinkers on....is that an eventual turn maybe? or they can't hear it....
Yamaha carts make up probably 40% of all the carts in TV and in my 2011 cart the turn signal makes no sound. You only have an indicator light which is on the console and is directly below the steering wheel and is out of view. That's why you'll see so many Yamaha carts going down the road with a left turn signal on. I went to my dealer, the Villages Yamaha at LSL, and had LED indicator lights installed on the side windshield posts at eye level for $55. Now, you would have to be blind not to see them.

While I was at the dealer I had them lower my large sideview mirrors that were outside the posts and they didn't charge me. The mirrors created a blind spot when making a turn, especially when making a left turn.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:16 AM

When I purchased my cart in Dec. @ Villages Carts I had them install a beeper rather than the directional lights in the passenger cab. Cheaper than getting directionals, cost about $15.00.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Speed

Quote:
Maybe they are afraid the Devil is chasing them!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Maybe someone just got a call from their aging mother that she is sick or needs help. Maybe a friend has fallen down and needs some help. Maybe they got up late and don't want to be late. Maybe they would just rather be where they are going rather than be driving their golf cart.
What's the difference? Sometimes people are in a hurry. Sometimes for a good reason and sometimes for no good reason.
If you're in front of them, just let them pass you. Why is this such a big concern?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:16 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,301 Times in 537 Posts

Just a thought. Why not "automatic" signal lights part of standard equipment on golf carts? Fast carts and slow carts traveling down the trails with their signal lights blinking----see it everyday in TV. You never know for sure if a golf cart is going to turn or just left their signal light on. Like a car, when you turn, the signal light should automatically go off when your turn is completed. Automatic turn signals should be standard equipment for safety reasons IMHO. Although a bit off the "fast cart" subject----safety belts should be standard equipment too.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

I just looked at the new Par Car at Golf Fest. The new Par Car's have self canceling turn signals now.

Hopefully, the other cart manufacturers will follow their lead....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.