Golf cart path to Brownwood from Marsh Bend

Closed Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvtheVillages View Post
No one knows the actual dates. The sales magazine in the paper earlier this week said that "connectivity" would happen by the end of 2020.

I have my doubts. Even if the bridge over the turnpike is in place, they still have to build the ramps up to it. Look how long it is taking to build the ramps to the Brownwood bridge.
That's because most likely, the bridges aren't a priority. In my opinion I think building the ramps would be the easiest part of getting the bridges ready for use.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:38 AM

I agree that a lawsuit is needed. What happened here smells like…
Fraud - /frôd/ - noun -wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Last I knew fraud was illegal and against seniors in Florida is a big no-no. It all boils down to when they knew they would not meet the January 2020 date and how did they communicate it to sales and potential buyers. A lawsuit discovery and depositions of the salespeople, planners and records will ferret this out.

I personally think they mislead people to keep sales going. If they had told me it would be another 2 years for connectivity is usable, I would have chosen a place north of 44.
Old 03-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Too Funny

These threads are entertaining to read, and all have the same pattern -
1. Someone gripes to get stuff off their chest.
2. A few people, all with less than 10 posts, say stupid stuff including something to the effect that they were promised something by a sales agent, which we all know is not true, since agents don't make promises, they don't have to. They may have given their best guess when the buyer pressed them. Sales agents don't know any more than the general public more than a week out.
3. Gracie Girl is her usual sweet self.... and makes intelligent corrections to those in point 2.
4. Someone critisizes the grandkids of the developer as greedy.
5. People that have been here since the 90's point out NOTHING has changed, which it hasn't, in how the developer operates. In other words, the Grandkids are the same as Harrold and Gary.
6. Someone points out that the developer always does keep their promises, just not maybe the schedule.
7. Someone threatens a lawsuit (which is unwinnable BTW).

We have missed the part about not enough amenties and Championship golf courses south of 44..... seems like an oversight. Would someone like to add that bit of Baloney to finish this off... then Goldwingnut can correct them and the Force will be in Balance once again...

Ed
(Laughing as the value of my houses in Fernandina and Hillsborough increase 7% or more per year, due to the "evil" developer).
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
There is no rush to complete the ramps for the Paddock Square bridge as there is nowhere to go until they get the bridge across the turnpike completed. That entire area from 44 down to Warm Springs east of the Turnpike is undeveloped and to get over to Southern Oaks and Fenney you need to cross the turnpike so that connection is at a standstill until the turnpike bridge is erected. Chitty Chatty is now working on the MMP's to connect to the Rohan/Lake Deaton Plaza bridge after it's erected so I would say that will be the first connection but it's a very long golf car ride to Paddock Square as you have to go all the way up to Moyer to go west. It will be even longer from Bradford.

What do retired people have but time, who cares if it’s a long ride, for some here, a golf cart ride is as easy as a 3 hour round of golf.
Old 03-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlNads View Post
I agree that a lawsuit is needed.

Last I knew fraud was illegal and against seniors in Florida is a big no-no.

What exactly was the fraudulent (criminal deception) act???
Old 03-08-2020, 01:56 PM

We bought in Fenney in 2017 and were told the bridges would be done in January 2020. So it definitely has drifted. What bothers us the most is that Chitty Chatty and Bradford will be able to get over 44 before us....I'd say, just don't open the bridge ramps until all of them are built, then open them at the same time. Connectivity may not matter to some, but to others it is an important matter. A couple of month delay okay, a year is a big deal.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Smile Considering moving to Villages

We were wondering if the hospital & medical facilities/doctors accept regular medicare with our supplement insurance, United Healthcare AARP Plan F. Also how many months of the year do people ride bikes there, and Pickle Ball before weather gets too hot? Also heard on a You Tube video you have to take a class, pretty expensive, before you can play. I've been playing Pickle Ball for 10 years, would I have to take that class? Are there long wait times to play and are there any indoor courts there? Look forward to your reply.

lgl52
Old 03-08-2020, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I said it smells of fraud ... (alleged)

Fraud - /frôd/ - noun -wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

The published promise of connectivity (by Jan 2020) seems to be a reason many people purchased south of the turnpike.

Fraud would be taking our money IF they knew the connectivity could not meet the date they told us (it seems from responses to this forum there are many here where told the same date). And, this date was published on the sales map they handed out, so you cannot say we went on the verbal word of a salesperson.

Discovery will tell the who knew what then, and how that was communicated out. Like..when did they order new maps without the date?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,280 Times in 1,426 Posts

If government entities are or were holding up completion there would be no deception or fraud. And, was it promised to be done by Jan 2020 or was it scheduled to be done by Jan.2020
Old 03-08-2020, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
I agree that a lawsuit is needed. What happened here smells like…

Last I knew fraud was illegal and against seniors in Florida is a big no-no. It all boils down to when they knew they would not meet the January 2020 date and how did they communicate it to sales and potential buyers. A lawsuit discovery and depositions of the salespeople, planners and records will ferret this out.

I personally think they mislead people to keep sales going. If they had told me it would be another 2 years for connectivity is usable, I would have chosen a place north of 44.
Quote:
Quote:
I said it smells of fraud ... (alleged)

The published promise of connectivity (by Jan 2020) seems to be a reason many people purchased south of the turnpike.

Fraud would be taking our money IF they knew the connectivity could not meet the date they told us (it seems from responses to this forum there are many here where told the same date). And, this date was published on the sales map they handed out, so you cannot say we went on the verbal word of a salesperson.

Discovery will tell the who knew what then, and how that was communicated out. Like..when did they order new maps without the date?
And just what is it that you seek with this great lawsuit? Compensation?
Old 03-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marykess1802 View Post
Better get the super-extended-range model LOL
No need for that, the villages will most likely build another MMP & another bridge over the turnpike going into the Okahumpka service plaza where you can fuel up on your way to and from MCO, it won't be far from the backyards of the soon to be built village of Bradford.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
A cry towel.
I love the snarky posts here. There are about three of us who mentioned lawsuit so 3 towels please, you actually may need to order a few more as people find this thread.

I posted my response to others who feel the same way to let them know they are not alone. If they want to get a class action thing going, I am in.

to me, it does not matter what caused the delay. What matters is when did they know it, and how did they communicate it to the buyers.

It would be nice for them to compensate us somehow. Maybe another food truck ...or a Mr. Softee ice cream truck (do they have these in FL?) . How about a band every now and then in the park or baseball fields. Honestly, it would not take a lot.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:09 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
It would be nice for them to compensate us somehow. Maybe another food truck ...or a Mr. Softee ice cream truck (do they have these in FL?) .

"Your Honor, we are suing and seeking an ice cream truck."
Old 03-08-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
These threads are entertaining to read, and all have the same pattern -
1. Someone gripes to get stuff off their chest.
2. A few people, all with less than 10 posts, say stupid stuff including something to the effect that they were promised something by a sales agent, which we all know is not true, since agents don't make promises, they don't have to. They may have given their best guess when the buyer pressed them. Sales agents don't know any more than the general public more than a week out.
3. Gracie Girl is her usual sweet self.... and makes intelligent corrections to those in point 2.
4. Someone critisizes the grandkids of the developer as greedy.
5. People that have been here since the 90's point out NOTHING has changed, which it hasn't, in how the developer operates. In other words, the Grandkids are the same as Harrold and Gary.
6. Someone points out that the developer always does keep their promises, just not maybe the schedule.
7. Someone threatens a lawsuit (which is unwinnable BTW).

We have missed the part about not enough amenties and Championship golf courses south of 44..... seems like an oversight. Would someone like to add that bit of Baloney to finish this off... then Goldwingnut can correct them and the Force will be in Balance once again...

Ed
(Laughing as the value of my houses in Fernandina and Hillsborough increase 7% or more per year, due to the "evil" developer).
Bravo.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wag View Post
I plan to move in May to DeLuna I was told it would be done then! I am learning these developers are turning out to be liers. Maybe we should introduce a class action lawsuit to stop the lying! I expected to be told the truth! Same with the Magnolia plaza, I was told both would be completed by May 2020! Any good lawyers out there? How about we not pay our CCD fees until projects are completed when they tell us!
Why not start a personal lawsuit of your own. If you believe that there is a legal cause, go for it.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, path, cart, car, built

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.