HomoSexual Males in The Villages??

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Sage

If you're buying lunch, we ALL want in!
Old 08-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Default Double entendre - unraveled, I think!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I am not sure why you mention that a lot of conservatives live in TV.

Conservatives have no problems with Gays. WE feel what they do is their business. I am a heterosexual and keep my sex life private between my wife and myself. I think most people feel that way; including Gays.
I too am befuddled and confounded how the politics of conservatism found it's way into this thread...yikes...I know I'm teetering on the edge of politics here, but hoping to not cross the foul line and just curiously trying understand if some folks think there is a corrolation between being a conservative person (non-flamboyant, neutral, beige-loving, cautious saver & spender, old fashioned values etc.) and having a conservative political philosophy. Now, I'm certain neither of those conservative types discussed in this thread are being generalized as intolerant of gays. Geesh this stuff makes my brain hurt.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 08-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Not a TV'er, but if I moved in next to you it would not bother me. Probably would not even know unless you told me.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
I too am befuddled and confounded how the politics of conservatism found it's way into this thread...yikes...I know I'm teetering on the edge of politics here, but hoping to not cross the foul line and just curiously trying understand if some folks think there is a corrolation between being a conservative person (non-flamboyant, neutral, beige-loving, cautious saver & spender, old fashioned values etc.) and having a conservative political philosophy. Now, I'm certain neither of those conservative types discussed in this thread are being generalized as intolerant of gays. Geesh this stuff makes my brain hurt.
I guess living in the bubble does not make one immune from stereotyping.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
If you're buying lunch, we ALL want in!
I said I'd provide lunch, which might be scrapple (see other posts), and I'd welcome an outing with you as well! How do we go about this?
Carol
Old 08-01-2010, 08:29 PM
Sage

Salvador,

Welcome to TOTV.

Put me in the agree with Gracie column. I think the vast majority of people in TV would welcome you!

I think when you do your lifestyle tour, you will fall in love with the place! Depending on the time of year you visit, your lifestyle tour could include two rounds of free golf at championship courses of your choice and free meals at a number of good restaurants in TV. You also get a golf cart, two bicycles and will stay in a very nice villa. It is a great way to to visit for the first time.

BTW, if you are not a golfer, there are a zillion other things do do here.

Come on down! Keep us posted about your stay. And if you have any more questions about TV, just ask us here on TOTV.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
I said I'd provide lunch, which might be scrapple (see other posts), and I'd welcome an outing with you as well! How do we go about this?
Carol
Scrapple? I'm there!

Unfortunately I won't be there full-time for another year or so. But from what I know about scrapple, it will hold.

Salvatore - You notice how we veer off topic a lot?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats2010 View Post
I guess living in the bubble does not make one immune from stereotyping.
Talk about stereotyping, i live in a southern city that has an annual gay pride parade and an entire weekend devoted to gay pride and rights.The incumbent mayor is in a tough fight for re-election against an openly gay opponent. When you think of Kentucky, supporting gays and their rights is not the first thing outsiders think about. So visit TV's with no preconceived opinions , and i would bet, you and your partner will have a very enjoyable time.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

I agree with Gracie. You would be welcome in any village. Come on down.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Default Don't get your hopes up

Let me be the first here to be honest with you....Being gay isn't the issue ,it's will people in TV play with me, golf, cards, pickle ball, whatever....

I have visited TV twice a year for 4 years now and I have yet had one person ask me to play golf or go out to dinner...All people there is willing to give you is alot of lip service on how great it is there and how much there is to do, well unless you are in the click you are just another shopper ....The tour is a set up from the property owner...Special cards that are color coded so the buisness owners will know who you are...All the buisness people are prompted to wave at you as you ride by in the bus...Don't get me wrong, it is a great place to live with some good and bad people there...It will be the same there as anywhere else you may go....After saying that let ME BE THE FIRST to have you and your partner be my guest on the golf coarse or have dinner there, and I can show you around....At least I made the offer !

Just my thoughts
Old 08-01-2010, 10:30 PM

I think the best place to go for information on this subject is www.rainbowfamilyvillagesfl.com. Information is available about contacts, social events, and frequently asked questions, etc.

And, as is fitting in The Villages, members can get discounts from other members who provide services.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistrucksforyou View Post
Let me be the first here to be honest with you....Being gay isn't the issue ,it's will people in TV play with me, golf, cards, pickle ball, whatever....

I have visited TV twice a year for 4 years now and I have yet had one person ask me to play golf or go out to dinner...All people there is willing to give you is alot of lip service on how great it is there and how much there is to do, well unless you are in the click you are just another shopper ....The tour is a set up from the property owner...Special cards that are color coded so the buisness owners will know who you are...All the buisness people are prompted to wave at you as you ride by in the bus...Don't get me wrong, it is a great place to live with some good and bad people there...It will be the same there as anywhere else you may go....After saying that let ME BE THE FIRST to have you and your partner be my guest on the golf coarse or have dinner there, and I can show you around....At least I made the offer !

Just my thoughts
What? Hogwash!

Granted you may not have been asked to dinner etc. but perhaps that is your fault? Do you expect people to just stop you and say "Hey dude, how about joining our foursome tomorrow".? Go join a group as a single golfer. Do that day after day and I guarantee you that you'll make some new golfing friends. Go join in on any group (pickleball lessons, lap swimmers, card games, etc.) and talk with people - you'll make friends. Yes you have to put yourself out there but that is no different than any place.

I don't often get angry on this forum but for Salvatore's benefit please understand that this is an open forum and people can say anything they'd like to. Salvatore has taken the first step by posting on this board. I've made dozens of real friends over the past 3 years through TOTV. I meet with these friends for golf, bocce, shuffleboard, dinners, home parties, pickleball... every time I visit.

And I'll be there next week to pick out my home and interior choices, so let the fun begin.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 08-02-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:26 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

The reality is that "locals" will be friendly to visitors, but few will go out of their way to invite you into their way of life. That takes time and a lifestyle visit won't do it. If you go to the pools or play golf with an attitude (and it sounds like thistruck has a HUGE attitude), you'll be ignored as much as possible. If you smile, talk, be helpful, you'll be welcomed. Will you be invited to join in games or dinner? As a short-term renter, probably not -- invite someone to your home or to join you for dinner, it will usually be reciprocated. At the same time, you'll be welcomed at the various clubs and as a single on the golf courses.

You will be treated as a welcome visitor wherever you go -- not just by tradespeople and TV staff but by residents as well. If you complain about TV, you'll quickly and happily be ostracized. If you go with a smile on your face, a willingness to accept people as they are, a hopeful attitude that TV is the place for you (or at least come to have fun), you'll be accepted. If you want the extras such as dinner at someone's home, you have to go the extra mile and offer first. As to joining in games (whether golf, cards or pickleball), that's a little more difficult -- most groups are set to play on a set schedule and there is usually a sub or two or three waiting to be invited. So, an extra player is frequently a problem -- there just ain't a space for 'em.

And, thistruck, if you find TV so unfriendly, unclean and unlawful, why do you keep coming back?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
The reality is that "locals" will be friendly to visitors, but few will go out of their way to invite you into their way of life. That takes time and a lifestyle visit won't do it. If you go to the pools or play golf with an attitude (and it sounds like thistruck has a HUGE attitude), you'll be ignored as much as possible. If you smile, talk, be helpful, you'll be welcomed. Will you be invited to join in games or dinner? As a short-term renter, probably not -- invite someone to your home or to join you for dinner, it will usually be reciprocated. At the same time, you'll be welcomed at the various clubs and as a single on the golf courses.

You will be treated as a welcome visitor wherever you go -- not just by tradespeople and TV staff but by residents as well. If you complain about TV, you'll quickly and happily be ostracized. If you go with a smile on your face, a willingness to accept people as they are, a hopeful attitude that TV is the place for you (or at least come to have fun), you'll be accepted. If you want the extras such as dinner at someone's home, you have to go the extra mile and offer first. As to joining in games (whether golf, cards or pickleball), that's a little more difficult -- most groups are set to play on a set schedule and there is usually a sub or two or three waiting to be invited. So, an extra player is frequently a problem -- there just ain't a space for 'em.

And, thistruck, if you find TV so unfriendly, unclean and unlawful, why do you keep coming back?
Excellent point, Redwitch!...if I felt this way about TV I'd avoid it like the plague.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Villages are same as any where

You usually get what you put into it. Nothing ventured- nothing gained.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.